Eric Mangini- Browns New Head Coach!!!!!!!!

Vudu

STFU

Yes, Mangini is a rat and a snitch but that doesnt change the fact that he should have been given another season. The two have nothing to do with one another.

And I would bet every penny I had that had we retained Mangini you'd be ripping on us for that and pointing out all the mistakes and reasons to fire Mangini which were so evident to everyone, except Pats fans after the fact :rolleyes:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mangini is a stooli and a snitch. He knew all about taping while in NE but stayed quiet until landing a HC job.

And Mangini remained forever quiet about the taping that was going on in New England while he was there. He never turned Belichick in for that. He honored that confidence.

But then Belichick got arrogant and insisted on using the same methods he showed to Mangini against Mangini himself. Exactly how Belichick figured Mangini wouldn't call it on him is a complete mystery to anyone with a functioning brain.

Did he give an update on Jets practice squad players or futures contracts? The people want to know.

No - but from what I heard of it on ESPN radio he was all class. Had a perfect path to throw Favre under the bus and did 180 from it. Said if he had the chance to do it all over again he'd take Favre in a heartbeat. Good for him - I don't think he's a bad person - just a bad coach.

If he's injured to the point where he needs surgery on his arm or shoulder, and it means his play is infinitely worse as a result, I don't agree.

so your saying that even though its favre's choice to get the surgery and the mri and the treatements but somehow mangini is at fault even though he had no info on brett's injury

Espn Reports

Eric Mangini was hired as the coach of the Browns! Mortensen just broke it.

:bag:Hehe. Bet he wins a Superbowl before Woody does. Hope you're loving Favre Woody. You ****ed everybody including yourself on that one... I hope your ****ing PSL's don't sell and you're forced to sell the seats for cheap you blubbering idiot!!!! :bag:

The Browns are a joke of a franchise.

HAHAHAHA..The Jets are NOW the biggest joke in the NFL...be in denial if you want clown..Its the truth..An owner making decsions based on the moronic media and fans in NY with no f**king plan on what to do after the firing..oh.. I'm sorry the plan was to go on vacation immediately after that and not be around for coaching interviews..F**king Brilliant..Whats the plan now..no plan thats what...a Joke is right.. and the NYJ's are the ass clowns of the NFL right now. I'll take Al Davis any day..at least he gives a s**t.

Hey Arsehole

What does murder have to do with taping signals? Go to extremes very much?

Mangini is a stooli and a snitch. He knew all about taping while in NE but stayed quiet until landing a HC job.

Hey, no personal attacks.

Dipsh#t.

That was fast. I still think he was and is overated...But he did not stay unemployed long, maybe the brwons know something that the Jets don't...

Crennel, Mangini, they were considering Pioli for GM ... obviously they have a hardon for Patriots magic. Unfortuately, they will learn again, as the Jets have, and ND has, Belichick's ability doesn't rub off.

By the way, for all the Mangini defenders out there, I have this simple question:

How is he going to get better as a HC if he thinks he has done everything right?

You can tell from his presser that he thinks his methods are right. He's going to fail to make adjustments and be passive in Cleveland. How is he going to be successful doing that?

I've read elsewhere that even in college he was extremely stubborn. He's still stubborn. Why should he change if the Browns just rewarded him being stubborn?

HAHAHAHA..The Jets are NOW the biggest joke in the NFL...be in denial if you want clown..Its the truth..An owner making decsions based on the moronic media and fans in NY with no f**king plan on what to do after the firing..oh.. I'm sorry the plan was to go on vacation immediately after that and not be around for coaching interviews..F**king Brilliant..Whats the plan now..no plan thats what...a Joke is right.. and the NYJ's are the ass clowns of the NFL right now. I'll take Al Davis any day..at least he gives a s**t.

They are a joke because they are carrying out a through coaching search? Everyone agrees that the Jets top 3 choices are good coaches. You're a moron. Who gives a crap that a perpetual losing franchise wants to hire mangini? No one else even wanted to interview him.

Crennel, Mangini, they were considering Pioli for GM ... obviously they have a hardon for Patriots magic. Unfortuately, they will learn again, as the Jets have, and ND has, Belichick's ability doesn't rub off.

He's obviously much better at cheating than his stooges are.

By the way, for all the Mangini defenders out there, I have this simple question:

How is he going to get better as a HC if he thinks he has done everything right?

You can tell from his presser that he thinks his methods are right. He's going to fail to make adjustments and be passive in Cleveland. How is he going to be successful doing that?

I've read elsewhere that even in college he was extremely stubborn. He's still stubborn. Why should he change if the Browns just rewarded him being stubborn?

Getting a new job immediately was the worse thing that could've happened for the future of his career as a HC and for his future teams. The fact that he was so quickly hired after being released is even an additional justification that what he has done are correct. The Browns are essentially making a statement that they support what he did with the Jets over the past 3 years and that is what they want for their team. Given how this played out, there is no reason Mangini would do anything except what he's done so far in his career as a HC.

And as I have said all along, for those who claiming now how stupid were the Jets for firing him and how he "needs more time", the problem isn't that he was a young HC making mistakes, the problem was he was a young HC progressively regressing as a coach until it got to the point that it completely blew up in his face. Even if that same thing had happened but he had shown marked improvement in his coaching abilities in decisions in his 3 years here, I bet he's still Jets HC, but that wasn't the case. The only reason people are crowing about how well Mangini will do or that he'll lead the Browns to great things or a Super Bowl or any other random BS is not because there's any legitimate support to this claim, it's because they are masochistic Jets fans. I have absolutely no concern over the Jets living to regret this one, and neither should anyone else.

Getting a new job immediately was the worse thing that could've happened for the future of his career as a HC and for his future teams. The fact that he was so quickly hired after being released is even an additional justification that what he has done are correct. The Browns are essentially making a statement that they support what he did with the Jets over the past 3 years and that is what they want for their team. Given how this played out, there is no reason Mangini would do anything except what he's done so far in his career as a HC.

And as I have said all along, for those who claiming now how stupid were the Jets for firing him and how he "needs more time", the problem isn't that he was a young HC making mistakes, the problem was he was a young HC progressively regressing as a coach until it got to the point that it completely blew up in his face. Even if that same thing had happened but he had shown marked improvement in his coaching abilities in decisions in his 3 years here, I bet he's still Jets HC, but that wasn't the case. The only reason people are crowing about how well Mangini will do or that he'll lead the Browns to great things or a Super Bowl or any other random BS is not because there's any legitimate support to this claim, it's because they are masochistic Jets fans. I have absolutely no concern over the Jets living to regret this one, and neither should anyone else.

Exactly.

It's hard to justify giving Mangini "more time to grow" when he was a better HC in 2006 than he was in 2008. Mangini got worse as a HC and the Browns validated Mangini's selfconfidence, as you noted.

Mangini has absolutely no incentive now to "grow" or get better. Why should he? The Browns just told him that they love him just the way he is.

They are a joke because they are carrying out a through coaching search? Everyone agrees that the Jets top 3 choices are good coaches. You're a moron. Who gives a crap that a perpetual losing franchise wants to hire mangini? No one else even wanted to interview him.

oh..good comeback genius..everything in my post about the J-E-T-S is true and you know it..hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

Ha, I think I have figured it out!

Lerner - Cleveland owner - is going through a nasty divorce. It is widly known that he plans on moving and living in England (he went to school there and fell in love with the country) once everthing is finalized. He owns that Aston Villa soccer team - which I hear is a big deal any place other than here....I also hear that he just put a lot of cash into this Aston team. Anyway, seems to me Lerner does not give a hoot about the Browns - a team his father thrust upon him upon death - when it appears that his true love is his soccer team. Additionally, a quick search of his philanthropic endeavors shows that most of his charitable work/money is in England.

Anyway, just makes you wonder if he's just going to run the team into the ground so he can sell it, or so his soon-to-be ex-wife won't want it? Just strikes me as odd that an owner lives out of the country. I mean, you're all freaking out because your owner is currently VACATIONING out of the country - imagine if he LIVED in Europe?

Ha, I think I have figured it out!

Lerner - Cleveland owner - is going through a nasty divorce. It is widly known that he plans on moving and living in England (he went to school there and fell in love with the country) once everthing is finalized. He owns that Aston Villa soccer team - which I hear is a big deal any place other than here....I also hear that he just put a lot of cash into this Aston team. Anyway, seems to me Lerner does not give a hoot about the Browns - a team his father thrust upon him upon death - when it appears that his true love is his soccer team. Additionally, a quick search of his philanthropic endeavors shows that most of his charitable work/money is in England.

Anyway, just makes you wonder if he's just going to run the team into the ground so he can sell it, or so his soon-to-be ex-wife won't want it? Just strikes me as odd that an owner lives out of the country. I mean, you're all freaking out because your owner is currently VACATIONING out of the country - imagine if he LIVED in Europe?

maybe that is why wifey is divorcing...found out he was a phag.

definitely explains the EM interview and hire...

Absolutely your last warning, Mike.

I don't agree with Glenn at all on this, but there are ways to disagree and then there's your way, which is not acceptable as you ought to know by now.

Can the likes of glen212 and Chadharmatard please do themselves a favor and sign up and stay on a Browns messageboard. I think that you'll feel more at home there, I'm sure they like the Mangini ball-washing.

I really don't get the whole coming on here to uselessly make or create arguments with people. I mean it's not even the whole "not a Jet fan thing", it's just the whole internet tough guy thing. Grow up a little.

Absolutely your last warning, Mike.

I don't agree with Glenn at all on this, but there are ways to disagree and then there's your way, which is not acceptable as you ought to know by now.

I don't see anyone else getting warnings for the open season on me that's been going on on this site for a few months now. At least one person is held to the TOS though. I guess that's a start.

I really don't get the whole coming on here to uselessly make or create arguments with people. I mean it's not even the whole "not a Jet fan thing", it's just the whole internet tough guy thing. Grow up a little.

Agreed, they're not here for any other reason but to basically spam the board with some of this BS. You can't even argue your point with them, they're ignorant to that.

I just don't get why some people waste their time like that.

Agreed, they're not here for any other reason but to basically spam the board with some of this BS. You can't even argue your point with them, they're ignorant to that.

I just don't get why some people waste their time like that.

Same here. You can't argue with them that's why I put the picture up of the ultimate warrior vs macho man. Two guys just shouting a bunch of nonsense. Anyways, I will admit when it boils down to it the people who actually post meaningful stuff on this site are good and the discussions are usually good quality.

Same here. You can't argue with them that's why I put the picture up of the ultimate warrior vs macho man. Two guys just shouting a bunch of nonsense. Anyways, I will admit when it boils down to it the people who actually post meaningful stuff on this site are good and the discussions are usually good quality.

LOL @ You as the arbiter of what is a meaningful post. Thats the funniest thing i've read all day.

LOL @ You as the arbiter of what is a meaningful post. Thats the funniest thing i've read all day.

Bro- this is the last thing I'll say to before I continue my practice of posting ultimate warrior pics.

Want to know why it's open season? Cause you don't' talk with people, you yell, you scream, you're a petulant child when you get on your computer. You have a high opinion of yourself that you think your opinion is the only one that matters. Since your "arguments" are crafted on nothing more then sheer anger, most people find you laughable. A funny read because whatever you say makes no sense. Go ahead, say what you want about me and blah blah. I haven't been banned from any forums for acting like know it all and cursing people off ON THE INTERNET.

Carry on.

Archived