No BS, I really think Dolphins finish last in AFC-E next year

SouthernJet

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That worked out really well for Clemens. Chad is polluting Henne's mind with conservative nonsense and he'll be an over thinker in no time. Besides, Chad's going to struggle next year cause you'll be playing good teams. You simply can't accept how historically easy your schedule was this year.

Chad Henne > Kellen Clemons

Easy schedule or not, we still won the AFC East while the Jets finished exactly where they were last year, #3 in the division.

Chad Henne > Kellen Clemons

This is just silly. The only comparable factor between the two is that neither have been able to beat out Chad Pennington for a starting gig. Other than that, there's not much else. And if you're even thinking about comparing their grades as prospects coming out of school, that just makes it even sillier.

This is just silly. The only comparable factor between the two is that neither have been able to beat out Chad Pennington for a starting gig. Other than that, there's not much else. And if you're even thinking about comparing their grades as prospects coming out of school, that just makes it even sillier.

There was never a QB competition between the two Chad's. Our coaching staff would have prefered to sit a rookie QB for his first year in order for him to become acclimated to the NFL. It's common sense.

I still stand by the fact that Henne is a better QB than Clemons.

There was never a QB competition between the two Chad's. Our coaching staff would have prefered to sit a rookie QB for his first year in order for him to become acclimated to the NFL. It's common sense.

Based on what? Just cause you think so?

Clemons sucks and 90% of the board here knows it.

Yes, and most of the board thought Chad sucked when seeing him play on last years team. (he sucks for entirely different reasons)

AND... Clemens actually had a much tougher go of it then Chad as the team was out of it when he came in and Coles and Cotch were both banged up/almost never on the field together. If 2007 was an aberration for Chad, wouldn't is also be for Clemens?

Who cares if he's better than Clemens? Clemens will never take another snap for the Jets.

youre right, the competition was between Henne, Beck & McGown...and Henne was even winning that comp...

I agree Clemens sucks, but come on, Henne has taken what, 1 F'ING SNAP in a real game? You are reaching now CJ, and if you are relying on Henne being your future, let me remind you: there has only been 1 real successfull QB at the pro level from Michigan, any guesses who that is?

youre right, the competition was between Henne, Beck & McGown...and Henne was even winning that comp...

I agree Clemens sucks, but come on, Henne has taken what, 1 F'ING SNAP in a real game? You are reaching now CJ, and if you are relying on Henne being your future, let me remind you: there has only been 1 real successfull QB at the pro level from Michigan, any guesses who that is?

Henne was put in during the 4th quarter of Arizonas blow-out game against us. Henne led a 4th quarter drive ending in a TD. He showed poise, composure and a stong accurate arm.

I certainly hope Parcells didn't waste a 2nd round pick on a player he never expected to take the reigns.

How many succesful QB's have come out of Oregon?

Henne was put in during the 4th quarter of Arizonas blow-out game against us. Henne led a 4th quarter drive ending in a TD. He showed poise, composure and a stong accurate arm.

I certainly hope Parcells didn't waste a 2nd round pick on a player he never expected to take the reigns.

How many succesful QB's have come out of Oregon?

There you go again, can't you say anything without spinning it to another topic? I already said Clemens sucks, therefore I don't care how many good QB's came out of Oregon.

And Henne led a drive against the scrubs of the Arizona dee, whoop de f'ing doo.

BTW, what were his stats in that game, Im sure you have them handy

There you go again, can't you say anything without spinning it to another topic? I already said Clemens sucks, therefore I don't care how many good QB's came out of Oregon.

And Henne led a drive against the scrubs of the Arizona dee, whoop de f'ing doo.

BTW, what were his stats in that game, Im sure you have them handy

He was 7 of 12 for 67 yards, and Arizonas starters were all on the field, they wanted a shutout against us.

Henne's pre season stats were 40 of 63 for 351 yards and 1 TD. Nothing earth shattering, but then again, he was a rookie.

He was 7 of 12 for 67 yards, and Arizonas starters were all on the field, they wanted a shutout against us.

Henne's pre season stats were 40 of 63 for 351 yards and 1 TD. Nothing earth shattering, but then again, he was a rookie.

All that proves is that your OC was one step ahead of the league this season. Does more to prove that the noodle arm was a fluke then that Henne is good. Thanks for that talking point.

I'm glad we finally agree.. :yes:

All that proves is that your OC was one step ahead of the league this season. Does more to prove that the noodle arm was a fluke then that Henne is good. Thanks for that talking point.

I'm glad we finally agree.. :yes:

An 8 year vet who has multiple trips to the playoffs and just completed an 11 win season is a fluke? Gotcha :rolleyes:

An 8 year vet who has multiple trips to the playoffs and just completed an 11 win season is a fluke? Gotcha :rolleyes:

you just don't get it...If a 1st round playoff loss makes you happy, then you have your man...If you would like to make it to the 2nd round, better look elsewhere

And once again, you're basing this on nothing but blind faith. Though such logic isn't surprising on the part of Chad lovers.

I'm going to keep saying this until you acknowledge it. All 11-5 records are not created equal. The entire AFC east had the benefit of a weak schedule this season, Miami in particular had what I would consider a historically easy schedule. Did you listen to Daryll Johnston talk all night Saturday about how West coast teams coming east and playing at 1pm EST are at a tremendous disadvantage? Miami had 4 of those games this year which were near automatic wins.

To illustrate how important schedule is, what would your record be had you faced the Cinncinati Bengals schedule I wonder?

@BAL = L

TEN = L

@NYG = L

CLE = W

@DAL = L, we'll be fair and give you a split with Dal/Was

@NYJ = L

PIT = L

@HOU = L, you lost to them this season at Houston

JAC = W

PHI = L

@PIT = L

BAL = L

@IND = L, it was shown this year that you lost most games where opponents scored against you

WAS = W

@CLE = W

KC = W

5-11, give or take a game or two. I dare you to state otherwise, and I guarantee you can't find 11 wins there no matter how creative you got..

I'm going to keep saying this until you either acknowledge it. All 11-5 records are not created equal. The entire AFC east had the benefit of a weak schedule this season, Miami in particular had the easiest schedule of the 4 teams.

To illustrate, what would your record be had you faced the Cinncinati Bengals schedule I wonder?

@BAL = L

TEN = L

@NYG = L

CLE = W

@DAL = L, we'll be fair and give you a split with Dal/Was

@NYJ = L

PIT = L

@HOU = L, you lost to them this season at Houston

JAC = W

PHI = L

@PIT = L

BAL = L

@IND = L, it was shown this year that you lost most games where opponents scored against you

WAS = W

@CLE = W

KC = W

5-11, give or take a game or two. I dare you to state otherwise, and I guarantee you can't find 11 wins there no matter how creative you got..

Dude, stop. Really, enough of this crap. So what if we had an easy schedule, we took advantage of it and won more games than your team could. I won't play your "what if" game, it's stupid and counter productive and doesn't prove a god damn thing, except that you can't stop making excuses for why a previously 1-15 team can come back the next year and win the division.

Fact is, nobody can determine the outcome of games that were never played, which is what your trying to do.

I swear, ever since these people came over from JI, the quality of posts has plummeted. You JI rejects bring out the worst in me.

Dude, stop. Really, enough of this crap. So what if we had an easy schedule, we took advantage of it and won more games than your team could. I won't play your "what if" game, it's stupid and counter productive and doesn't prove a god damn thing, except that you can't stop making excuses for why a previously 1-15 team can come back the next year and win the division.

Fact is, nobody can determine the outcome of games that were never played, which is what your trying to do.

I swear, ever since these people came over from JI, the quality of posts has plummeted. You JI rejects bring out the worst in me.

Wow- that's all I really ever wanted to hear out of a Dolphins fan. Yes you had an easy schedule. And you're right in saying you took advantage of that while we did not.

Wait, so you can definitively say that Henne is better then Clemens, but I can't take a good guess that Miami would've went 0-2 against Pitts? That's not a consistent position.

As far as what's crap, this is a thread about the Dolphins finishing in the basement next season. I think the quality of the schedule they faced this season in amassing there 11-5 record is highly relevant to that discussion. No? You can't just appear in thread and say 11-5 AFC east champions, and think that nobody is going to challange the merit of that record.

The biggest change you've seen on JN I'm certain is in your own behavior. I highly doubt you were baiting Jets fans about division titles, late season collapses and winning with their former QB last season. The reaction your getting out of new and old JN should be entirely expected to you. It's tough being a paper tiger.

And fwiw, we can't be JI "rejects" since most of us left JI of our own accord.

Good reason to think both the Jets and Fins will decline next year and both Pats and Bills will improve.

Of the aspects of the game the one that can be most attributed to luck is injuries. The Jets were the least injured team in the NFL. Mia was not far behind them. NEP suffered among the most injuries. As both the Jets and Fins will likely have more injuries next year than this year and both the Pats and Bills should have less injuries next year than this, we should see realitive improvement of both Bills and Pats next year.

Good reason to think both the Jets and Fins will decline next year and both Pats and Bills will improve.

Of the aspects of the game the one that can be most attributed to luck is injuries. The Jets were the least injured team in the NFL. Mia was not far behind them. NEP suffered among the most injuries. As both the Jets and Fins will likely have more injuries next year than this year and both the Pats and Bills should have less injuries next year than this, we should see realitive improvement of both Bills and Pats next year.

I agree with this but don't like talking about injuries in regards to the Jets. The Phins however are due to get ambushed by injuries..

I think the Pats are the only team that has a good chance to move forward. As long as the AFC and NFC south stays strong, and I see no reason why they wouldn't, all 4 AFC east teams will have a tougher go of it..

Glad you brought this up, pray Chad doesn't get hurt, because the guy backing him up is going to be a really good QB with a strong arm, and the fact that he's been Penny's understudy only makes him a smarter QB.

Yep just like Feely, Daunte, Green, Beck, etc... There's a treason Miami hadn't made the playoffs since 2001 until this year and that had to do w/ FINALLY getting a good QB. Don't be foolish and want to get rid of him for the next QB b/c then when he doesn't pan oput you'll start that cycle all over again. Using your logic we should be fine w/ Kellen Clemens as he has a strong arm and learned from Chad for 2+ years.

The Patsies* will improve without Piolo, McDanials and 2 QB's fighting for time and the loser brewing on the bench? GOOD LUCK !!

Glad you brought this up, pray Chad doesn't get hurt, because the guy backing him up is going to be a really good QB with a strong arm, and the fact that he's been Penny's understudy only makes him a smarter QB.

Um, did you ever actually watch Chad Henne in college?

Are you are reject from Finheaven and thats why you spend your time on a Jets message board???

Lame.

Archived