ARod...he isn't alone.

NIGHT STALKER

Some Yankee fans and probably all fans of other teams label this guy as a choke artist when it comes to the post season. Just putting this out there, but the great Willie Mays played in 20 WS games and never hit a HR, knocked in 6 runs and had a .239 BA. He does have two WS rings though, which means what? It means even the great Say Hey Kid had to depend on his teammates to get him those rings. Just sayn'.

Some Yankee fans and probably all fans of other teams label this guy as a choke artist when it comes to the post season. Just putting this out there, but the great Willie Mays played in 20 WS games and never hit a HR, knocked in 6 runs and had a .239 BA. He does have two WS rings though, which means what? It means even the great Say Hey Kid had to depend on his teammates to get him those rings. Just sayn'.

Did Willie have the opportunity to flaunt Free Agency, opt out of the richest deal in MLB history, then come crawling back when he found out there wasn't a better deal, and coerce the team that employs him out of even more money?

Did Willie do that?

Just wondering?

What you fail to mention is that 2 of the WS that Mays was in, were his rookie year and his final year

What you fail to mention is that he wasn't a rookie or in his final year in 1954.

So who has had more opprtunities in his prime in Playoffs, Mays or A-Rod?

You seem to misunderstand that the reason that A-Rod is so revlied is not only his clutch performace (or lack thereof), but moreso the way he has conducted himself in the business of baseball.

So who has had more opprtunities in his prime in Playoffs, Mays or A-Rod?

You seem to misunderstand that the reason that A-Rod is so revlied is not only his clutch performace (or lack thereof), but moreso the way he has conducted himself in the business of baseball.

You make the most of the opportunities that are presented you. Willie Mays sucked in the WS at the plate. He was one of the highest paid ballplayers in his era...maybe if he helped his team more in the regular season he would have gotten more opportunities. He didn't exactly play with a bunch of bums.

Plus, I'm not talking about personalities...I couldn't care less about ARod the person...I do care about ARod the ballplayer.

You make the most of the opportunities that are presented you. Willie Mays sucked in the WS at the plate. He was one of the highest paid ballplayers in his era...maybe if he helped his team more in the regular season he would have gotten more opportunities. He didn't exactly play with a bunch of bums.

Plus, I'm not talking about personalities...I couldn't care less about ARod the person...I do care about ARod the ballplayer.

What was Mays' salary in comparison to others in the game at the time? I don't have those figures. Were they as disparate as A-Rods are presently?

I am not talking about personalities either, I am talking about conducting business and being honorable in that process.

What was Mays' salary in comparison to others in the game at the time? I don't have those figures. Were they as disparate as A-Rods are presently?

I am not talking about personalities either, I am talking about conducting business and being honorable in that process.

Mays and Mantle were the highest paid baseball players in their prime. And baseball wasn't a "business" like it is in today's game. Bottom line is, Mays didn't show up for the WS...doesn't alter the fact that he wasn't one of the best players that ever played...same with ARod.

Of course, I would take a healthy Mantle over both of those guys...;)

Mays and Mantle were the highest paid baseball players in their prime. And baseball wasn't a "business" like it is in today's game. Bottom line is, Mays didn't show up for the WS...doesn't alter the fact that he wasn't one of the best players that ever played...same with ARod.

Of course, I would take a healthy Mantle over both of those guys...;)

Mays had 42 career WS at bats when he wasn't either

a) a rookie

B) an over the hill vet

Hardly a large sample

Did the Giants have a 50% payroll advantage over all of baseball?

The Giants weren't bums, but they weren't loaded with talent the way the choking Yankees have been.

We're talking talent. Check out the '62 lineups between the Giants and the Yankees. The Giants weren't exactly the '62 Red Sux...

No disrespect to you, but your retort is not on the level of rocket science either.

Or, are you just one of those people who just can't stomach others talking about your team of choice?

No, I really just don't give a **** what the fan of the red headed step children think of players on the Yankees. You people are so jealous it isn't even funny. Poll 10,000 Mets fans and I'm willing to bet at least 9000 of them would rather see the Yankees lose than the Mets win.

No, I really just don't give a **** what the fan of the red headed step children think of players on the Yankees. You people are so jealous it isn't even funny. Poll 10,000 Mets fans and I'm willing to bet at least 9000 of them would rather see the Yankees lose than the Mets win.

Sorry but that makes no sense.

How could the pollster possibly find 10,000 Mets fans?

It must be sad to only want to see your team as your own fans see things.

Hey, have it in your pinstripe world. Put me on ignore, it won't bother me at all.

But you continue to care what I say, and comment on it.

Interesting.

Care? not one bit. Comment? Why not. I got nothing better to do right now. You're like a pile of **** on the sidewalk. No one really gives a **** about you or even really notice your existence until they step on you.

Care? not one bit. Comment? Why not. I got nothing better to do right now. You're like a pile of **** on the sidewalk. No one really gives a **** about you or even really notice your existence until they step on you.

Pretty tough talk for someone who you claim opinion's do not matter.

Oh, I am a Met fan. That that makes you revile me.

Go play with some star war action figures.

Guess which team in MLB averaged highest road attendance in 2008?

Right, the Mets.

That's a bad stat. Mets played in larger ballparks than the Yanks if that's who you're trying to compare them to. Hell, Fenway holds a mere 35,000.

I hope you're not trying to say the Mets are a bigger draw? Even you know better than to put that out there.

Pretty tough talk for someone who you claim opinion's do not matter.

Oh, I am a Met fan. That that makes you revile me.

Go play with some star war action figures.

Not true, I have neighbors who are Mets fans and they're some pretty alright dudes. I get along with them and there is some good natured ribbing that goes on. While I do like Star Wars. I'll have to pass on the Action Figures as I donated all of mine to needy children when I turned 16. I know silly me.

That's a bad stat. Mets played in larger ballparks than the Yanks if that's who you're trying to compare them to. Hell, Fenway holds a mere 35,000.

I hope you're not trying to say the Mets are a bigger draw? Even you know better than to put that out there.

It's not a stat, its a fact. I am not comparing them to the Yankees, I am comparing them to all of baseball.

More people saw the Mets play on the road, on average/game, than any other team.

I didn't say why or why not. It is just a fact.

Archived