The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Al2posv7MAJ2MOdqYgT7X268vLYF?slug=ys-luemagic020509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Magic nearing deal for Bucks’ Lue

Orlando’s search for a point guard to help deflect the blow of losing All-Star Jameer Nelson has the Magic nearing an agreement with the Milwaukee Bucks to acquire Tyronn Lue for guard Keith Bogans, league executives familiar with the discussions said Thursday morning.

Sources don’t expect any snag that would stop the deal from being completed Thursday.

The Magic prefer a short-term, inexpensive solution to help replace Nelson, who tore the labrum in his right shoulder this week. If Nelson elects for surgery, he’ll miss the rest of the season. Nelson is expected to decide in the next week about whether to put off surgery and instead try to rehabilitate the shoulder over several weeks.

Lue, 31, has averaged 4.7 points and 1.5 assists per game for Milwaukee. With the Magic playing without Nelson on Wednesday, veteran point guard Anthony Johnson had 25 points in a 125-96 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers.

Bogans, a 6-foot-5 guard, has averaged 5.3 points and 3.1 rebounds a game for the Bucks.

The New York Daily News first reported the two teams were discussing the trade.

trade is official, Bogans for Lue...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-magic-trade-keith-bogans-for-tyronn-lue-story,0,5322161.story

Orlando Magic trade Keith Bogans for former Magic guard Tyronn Lue

By Tim Stephens |Sentinel Staff Writer1:57 PM EST, February 5, 2009 11984053.jpg

Tyronn Lue, seen here dejected after a loss to Indiana despite a then career-high 32 points, was a free agent signing, and then traded to Houston. (GARY W. GREEN/ORLANDO SENTINEL / March 27, 2004)

The Orlando Magic have traded shooting guard Keith Bogans to the Milwaukee Bucks for point guard Tyronn Lue and cash, the Sentinel has learned.

Lue, a veteran who previously played for the Magic, addressed the immediate need at the position created by the shoulder injury suffered by All-Star starter Jameer Nelson.

Nelson is likely to undergo surgery for a torn labrum that could sideline him for the remainder of the season.

Lue has also spent time with the Los Angeles Lakers and is the kind of offensive-minded guard that fits the Magic's uptempo, 3-point style.

trade is official, Bogans for Lue...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-magic-trade-keith-bogans-for-tyronn-lue-story,0,5322161.story

Orlando Magic trade Keith Bogans for former Magic guard Tyronn Lue

By Tim Stephens |Sentinel Staff Writer1:57 PM EST, February 5, 2009 11984053.jpg

Tyronn Lue, seen here dejected after a loss to Indiana despite a then career-high 32 points, was a free agent signing, and then traded to Houston. (GARY W. GREEN/ORLANDO SENTINEL / March 27, 2004)

The Orlando Magic have traded shooting guard Keith Bogans to the Milwaukee Bucks for point guard Tyronn Lue and cash, the Sentinel has learned.

Lue, a veteran who previously played for the Magic, addressed the immediate need at the position created by the shoulder injury suffered by All-Star starter Jameer Nelson.

Nelson is likely to undergo surgery for a torn labrum that could sideline him for the remainder of the season.

Lue has also spent time with the Los Angeles Lakers and is the kind of offensive-minded guard that fits the Magic's uptempo, 3-point style.

I don't like this trade....

I don't like this trade....

Neither do I, but I guess it's the best this team could have done on short notice. Otis should have been more prepared for this, because Jameer did have injury issues before this year. I would have rather us sign someone like Jason Williams, and he was with SVG in Miami. Or try and get Arroyo back.

Neither do I, but I guess it's the best this team could have done on short notice. Otis should have been more prepared for this, because Jameer did have injury issues before this year. I would have rather us sign someone like Jason Williams, and he was with SVG in Miami. Or try and get Arroyo back.

Is he still in the league? What happened to Arroyo?

For anyone who doesn't know about this show in Orlando called Magic Overtime, it's a show where they have current, former, or anybody from the Orlando Magic organization on the show, and they talk about anything, and everything. Here is a link to their youtube channel...

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=magicovertime&view=videos

I'm getting ready to watch the Darrell Armstrong one... One of my favorite players ever to put on a Magic jersey.

Hey the truth hurts... and if laughing makes you feel better... laugh away! :lol:

Truth? Give me one good reason why your team is better than Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee (even without Redd), New Jersey, a New York team that just beat San Antonio, and a Charlotte team that is much better than their record.

Isn't Joakim Noah your teams starting Center? Seriously, Joakim Noah? Why even expect to go to the playoffs? lol

Truth? Give me one good reason why your team is better than Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee (even without Redd), New Jersey, a New York team that just beat San Antonio, and a Charlotte team that is much better than their record.

Isn't Joakim Noah your teams starting Center? Seriously, Joakim Noah? Why even expect to go to the playoffs? lol

They have the best depth at the guard position in the NBA... and possibly even at the SF position as well...

Rose/Deng/Thomas have all been playing great... they will finish better than Milwaukee, NJ, NY, Philly... not a doubt in my mind.

They have the best depth at the guard position in the NBA... and possibly even at the SF position as well...

Rose/Deng/Thomas have all been playing great... they will finish better than Milwaukee, NJ, NY, Philly... not a doubt in my mind.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other...if the Bulls have so much of this so called depth, why are they 23-30? 4th out of 5th in their division? 10th in the conference?

Does this idiot of a GM, Otis Smith really think this team is fine. They want to compete they need to make a trade now. Without Jameer this team is ****ed if he didn't realize that. You have about 14 hours or so to make a trade to find something to make us a better team. Hell, I would be satisfied with a Sergio Rodriguez right about now. Thats your kind of trade, Otis, a cheap ass move to say you helped the team, but you really didn't.

They have too many ESPN games with the Magic on it. Who wants to see those bums on national television?

Does this idiot of a GM, Otis Smith really think this team is fine. They want to compete they need to make a trade now. Without Jameer this team is ****ed if he didn't realize that. You have about 14 hours or so to make a trade to find something to make us a better team. Hell, I would be satisfied with a Sergio Rodriguez right about now. Thats your kind of trade, Otis, a cheap ass move to say you helped the team, but you really didn't.

Nothing is going to happen, Magic don't have anyone to trade. Without a PG they are toast...

It doesn't matter, you guys are very inconsistent.

They aren't inconsistent, if they had Jameer they would have won this game, and Chris Paul wouldn't have had as many points that he got. It's just without Jameer they're a ****ing joke, and another one of those teams in the same pact as Miami, Detroit, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, New York, New Jersey, and Chicago. Just another crappy eastern conference team that can make it into the playoffs.

They have things to trade. J.J. Redick, Brian Cook, Tony Battie, rights to Fran Vazquez, and draft picks. Although other than J.J. Redick, I don't know why anybody would want those other bums.

Bingo, don't think anyone would want Reddick either he's a liability on defense. Losing Jameer killed this team.

Wish in one hand and **** in the other...if the Bulls have so much of this so called depth, why are they 23-30? 4th out of 5th in their division? 10th in the conference?

New coach, new PG (rookie)... new coach started a different PF and Center than the old coach...

So in total... 3 new starters... one a rookie... and a new HC... thats why they lost some close games early... they have had a lot of less than 5 point losses...

Archived