The Official Orlando Magic 2008-2009 Thread

InstantClassic

The Magic got Rafer Alston for Brian Cook, and a 1st rounder.

POSTED: Feb. 19 -- 3:05 p.m. ET

Marc Stein: Looks like we have a fairly significant three-way deal that has been submitted to the league just before the trade deadline.

NBA front-office sources tell ESPN.com that Orlando is acquiring Rafer Alston from Houston to fill the void created at point guard by Jameer Nelson's shoulder injury.

The Rockets will receive Memphis guard Kyle Lowry, Orlando forward Brian Cook and perhaps two other minimum-salaried players to make the finances work.

The Grizzlies will receive a first-round pick from Orlando.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Magic got Rafer Alston for Brian Cook, and a 1st rounder.

POSTED: Feb. 19 -- 3:05 p.m. ET

Marc Stein: Looks like we have a fairly significant three-way deal that has been submitted to the league just before the trade deadline.

NBA front-office sources tell ESPN.com that Orlando is acquiring Rafer Alston from Houston to fill the void created at point guard by Jameer Nelson's shoulder injury.

The Rockets will receive Memphis guard Kyle Lowry, Orlando forward Brian Cook and perhaps two other minimum-salaried players to make the finances work.

The Grizzlies will receive a first-round pick from Orlando.

Word up Skip! Isn't bad, Magic really needed to do something, good trade for them IMO.

Word up Skip! Isn't bad, Magic really needed to do something, good trade for them IMO.

The first rounder we traded is most likely going to be in the mid to late 20's, so chances are this draft pick won't be as good as Rafer Alston. Brian Cook is probably the worst player in the NBA, so who really cares about him... lol

Orlando made a really good trade today even though I think Alston is a complete dick.

Yeah, the best part is Rafer Alston has 2 years left on his contract, so that means we will have a duo at least next year of Jameer, and Rafer Alston. That is the best PG duo we've had in a while. It's much better then seeing Anthony Johnson, or Ty Lue starting for this team... lol

I like the fact that at one point during the game, when the Bobcats were shooting free throws, SVG yelled to Rafer, and he called him Skip. I guess no one really calls him by his real name. Nice to see Rafer, and Stan have a good relationship. It'll be nice to have Jameer, and Rafer as our point guards next season.

pfft

and the Magic barely beat them the 1st time this year as well...

The Bulls will make the 6th or 7th seed...

Being a bottom seed in the Eastern Conference doesn't mean your anything better then complete **** still. Hell, I don't even respect Atlanta, or Miami, what makes you think I'll respect your team?

Basically the only reason why your team won, was because you were home.

Nothing like losing to complete ****...

Good to see a real player in your sig... :lol:

p1.mj.jpg

Stan VanGundy -

"Our starting lineup brought nothing to the game," he said. "I'm embarrassed and disgusted by what I saw. I don't know if our players are, but they should be.
"Our guys want to talk about being a contending team. We're still not tough enough and we don't play hard enough."

The Magic are being exposed... NO just put up big #s on them last week... Howard can lock down the lane and the Magic rely too much on the outside shot...

Being a bottom seed in the Eastern Conference doesn't mean your anything better then complete **** still. Hell, I don't even respect Atlanta, or Miami, what makes you think I'll respect your team?

Basically the only reason why your team won, was because you were home.

They won because the out hustled the Magic... they won because they did not let Howard dominate the lane... they made him foul...

p1.mj.jpg

Stan VanGundy -

"Our guys want to talk about being a contending team. We're still not tough enough and we don't play hard enough."

The Magic are being exposed... NO just put up big #s on them last week... Howard can lock down the lane and the Magic rely too much on the outside shot...

Good to see your bringing your true Chicago Bulls knowledge to the table with the picture. You don't even know what happened in that picture, do you? Too young to remember?

Good to see your bringing your true Chicago Bulls knowledge to the table with the picture. You don't even know what happened in that picture, do you? Too young to remember?

Wait the Magic won it all that year?

Damn I must have missed that one...

Or was that when they got to the finals and got CRUSHED in 94'?

At least I stick with my team, where the hell were the Bulls fans when the jordan era ended after 98? Did they all become lakers fans?

No they are still there... they still watch every night... all the bandwagon fans are gone... there is always bandwagon fans... dont act like the Magic dont have any... there were Penny and Shaq fans that disappeared and one day the Howard fans will too...

Its good to see the Magic competing again this decade... but the Bulls are the better team over the last 5 years... the last 10 years... the last 15 year... etc etc etc...

Don't forget the Bulls were doing the same thing the Magic are but without a guy like Howard... they were the up and coming team... then the whole relying on the 3 pointer gets old and you lose... hell without those trades the Bulls were still in that same damn boat...

No they are still there... they still watch every night... all the bandwagon fans are gone... there is always bandwagon fans... dont act like the Magic dont have any... there were Penny and Shaq fans that disappeared and one day the Howard fans will too...

Its good to see the Magic competing again this decade... but the Bulls are the better team over the last 5 years... the last 10 years... the last 15 year... etc etc etc...

Don't forget the Bulls were doing the same thing the Magic are but without a guy like Howard... they were the up and coming team... then the whole relying on the 3 pointer gets old and you lose... hell without those trades the Bulls were still in that same damn boat...

You're delirious.

The Bulls have been bottom feeders for at least 10 years now. The Magic have at least made the playoffs multiple times during that stretch..capturing the worst record one time (got them Dwight).

The Bulls are improved, but they won't shoot lights out like that every night. You probably didn't watch the game..it was a 1 point game in the 4th Q. Basketball is a game of runs and the Bulls got hot at the right time.

p1.mj.jpg

Stan VanGundy -

How are the Magic being exposed? They have lost 12 games this year.

The same NO team that got blown out on Xmas day by the Magic.

Lost a lot of respect for Shaq this week. Very immature, IMO.

Stan Van was dead on..he flopped!

Oh boohoo... Shaq said he flopped... everyone does... you do what you can to win...

Dont be mad because Stan Van is a freakin moron... the guy looks like he is going to have a pnaic attack everytime the other team goes on a4-0 run...

Stan Van is holding the Magic back... the Bulls are gonna kick their ass in Orlando this week... :lol:

Oh boohoo... Shaq said he flopped... everyone does... you do what you can to win...

Dont be mad because Stan Van is a freakin moron... the guy looks like he is going to have a pnaic attack everytime the other team goes on a4-0 run...

Stan Van is holding the Magic back... the Bulls are gonna kick their ass in Orlando this week... :lol:

Dude..you're retarded.

Maybe everyone on the Bulls flops, not this Magic team though. Play like a man.

Do you even watch Magic games? Of course you don't.

Stan Van Gundy is the reason this team is winning ball games.

Dude..you're retarded.

Maybe everyone on the Bulls flops, not this Magic team though. Play like a man.

Do you even watch Magic games? Of course you don't.

Stan Van Gundy is the reason this team is winning ball games.

Only when the Bulls play them... Stan Van is a nervous wreck... he is the problem... not the solution...

Stop with the tough BS... everyone plays tough... and most guys will flop if given the right opportunity...

IC, you are going to wish you didn't have me blocked right now... lol

What you have to do with ecurb is ignore him. He thinks his team is good, and good enough to beat a team like Boston, Orlando, or Cleveland, which honestly is laughable. Let him think that, when his team gets absolutely schooled you'll never see him posting in this topic again.

IC, you are going to wish you didn't have me blocked right now... lol

What you have to do with ecurb is ignore him. He thinks his team is good, and good enough to beat a team like Boston, Orlando, or Cleveland, which honestly is laughable. Let him think that, when his team gets absolutely schooled you'll never see him posting in this topic again.

Boston and Cleveland have both schooled the Bulls this season... not the new Bulls though... Orlando is 0-1 against the new Bulls...

Only when the Bulls play them... Stan Van is a nervous wreck... he is the problem... not the solution...

Stop with the tough BS... everyone plays tough... and most guys will flop if given the right opportunity...

Stop with the "I have no idea what i'm talking about" BS...because you don't. You admit you have only seen 3 Magic games this season, so you clearly are out of the loop.

Not one Magic player flops. Shaq flopped big time against Dwight, and got called on it for being a hypocrite.

Shaq is trying to hold on to any shred he has left, and if taking shots at a coach is his way of doing it that's pretty sad.

Back to Stan, he is the reason this team is where it is. Enjoy your below .500 team and coach Del Negro...LOL.

Boston and Cleveland have both schooled the Bulls this season... not the new Bulls though... Orlando is 0-1 against the new Bulls...

"new" Bulls? You should stick to sucking at football posting, because you are even worse with basketball.

Your "new" Bulls are still the Bulls of old, 29-33.

"new" Bulls? You should stick to sucking at football posting, because you are even worse with basketball.

Your "new" Bulls are still the Bulls of old, 29-33.

I was talking about the trades they made to add 3 key new players... since then they have gone from out of the playoffs... to in the playoffs with wins over the rockets and the magic...

The first game with the new players was against the Magic (a win... )

They have beaten Orlando and Houston since getting their new guys... and Deng is currently injured so they are one starter short...

The BUlls are a legit playoff team right now and will make some noise...

Archived