Going to be taking a trip to Dubai in March

Mavrik

Got a call from my girlfriend today (who's in Orlando visiting her family). She had sent me a message last night saying that I needed to call them because they had an important question to ask me regarding a trip. Her family has cousins in Turin, Italy so I figured they were talking about taking a trip up there to celebrate her mom's 60th birthday.

Much to my surprise, my girlfriend told me that for her mom's 60th, her parents want to instead spend the week in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates in March, and on top of that, they want to fly both me and my girlfriend to Dubai for the week to celebrate and see the city with them.

Can't tell you how stoked I am to be able to take a trip there. That city looks absolutely ridiculous.

Got a call from my girlfriend today (who's in Orlando visiting her family). She had sent me a message last night saying that I needed to call them because they had an important question to ask me regarding a trip. Her family has cousins in Turin, Italy so I figured they were talking about taking a trip up there to celebrate her mom's 60th birthday.

Much to my surprise, my girlfriend told me that for her mom's 60th, her parents want to instead spend the week in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates in March, and on top of that, they want to fly both me and my girlfriend to Dubai for the week to celebrate and see the city with them.

Can't tell you how stoked I am to be able to take a trip there. That city looks absolutely ridiculous.

Thats' awesome! Even more awesome is that you have a girl that wants to see the world with you and her parents that obviously think the world of you.

Sex on the beach is a no-no.

So I've been told. :lol:

Her parents are actually retired Argentine diplomats who now run a Berlitz language franchise in Orlando. Really hard working people who love to travel whenever they get the chance.

Apparently, you don't pack a lot in your pants OR your bank account.

Poor girl.

ha..thats funny...hey sorry I have to go. I have some airport officials from De Gaulle on the phone and I'm trying to explain to them how to properly destroy your luggage.

ha..thats funny...hey sorry I have to go. I have some airport officials from De Gaulle on the phone and I'm trying to explain to them how to properly destroy your luggage.

Dude come on now. You should also know by this age that the French aren't capable of destroying ANYTHING or ANYONE.

The maiming and destruction of my luggage was purely an American act. :P

Dude come on now. You should also know by this age that the French aren't capable of destroying ANYTHING or ANYONE.

The maiming and destruction of my luggage was purely an American act. :P

Would SURRENDER your luggage be more approrpriate? :lol:

great place to visit. i went there when i was 15. dubai shopping festival is da bomb

Build mega golf courses, mega resorts, mega malls, mega cities within the city, mega camel racing, and a mega race horse culture up the ass. It's nice to have oil, just like we do.

I also heard they have one of the biggest indoor ski hills in Dubai as well. Wouldn't mind doing that once I got there.

Visited the UAE embassy to D.C. website. Surprisingly, Americans do not have to apply for a visa before entering the country, they can get one upon arrival.

Also a few do's and don'ts:

Photography

Film is readily available, so too are processing facilities and colour prints are produced in record time. Ask permission before photographing people in general. Avoid photographing Muslim women and do not photograph airports, docks, telecommunications equipment, government buildings, military and industrial installations.

Clothing

Lightweight summer clothing is ideal with a wrap, sweater or jacket for cooler winter nights and air-conditioned premises. Although the dress code in the UAE is generally casual, guests in the larger hotels do tend to dress more formally in the evening. Since you are visiting a Muslim country, bikinis, swimsuits, shorts and revealing tops should be confined to beach resorts. Women are usually advised not to wear short skirts and to keep their shoulders covered. Note that in Sharjah women are prohibited from wearing swimsuits on public beaches.

Looks like me and my girlfriend won't be visiting Sharjah

Build mega golf courses, mega resorts, mega malls, mega cities within the city, mega camel racing, and a mega race horse culture up the ass. It's nice to have oil, just like we do.

They turned to tourism because they knew oil could not sustain their economy. Their economy at this point I believe is based mostly on tourism. It really is fricken amazing when you realize that they took a pure ****hole and turned it into an A++ travel destination.

They turned to tourism because they knew oil could not sustain their economy. Their economy at this point I believe is based mostly on tourism. It really is fricken amazing when you realize that they took a pure ****hole and turned it into an A++ travel destination.
Sigh, no-one got the, "It's nice to have oil, just like we do." Holy Cr*p, what do I have to do around here, start drilling myself?!

Archived