I Want Brett Favre Back

Maxman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was actually all for the trade to bring him here for ONE SEASON. Trying your franchise to a 41 year old for any period longer than that makes no sense.

Trying a veteran QB for only one season, two weeks before preseason starts, makes no sense to me. Letting him come back after a full off season and training camp seems perfectly reasonable and intelligent to me.

Trying a veteran QB for only one season, two weeks before preseason starts, makes no sense to me. Letting him come back after a full off season and training camp seems perfectly reasonable and intelligent to me.

No one was making those stupid excuses for him when the team was 8-3. None of those things had anything to do with the way he gagged up the season. Thats not a waggon the jets need to be tying their horse to.

No one was making those stupid excuses for him when the team was 8-3. None of those things had anything to do with the way he gagged up the season. Thats not a waggon the jets need to be tying their horse to.

Well, of course not, everyone loved him! But, once our offense was exposed, Kellar was shut out, Coles had butter fingers, and our coaching staff had no answer, everyone turns on the QB.

Please, say what you want, but if we are lucky enough to get Brett back, I bet you will be on the bandwagon again when he takes the team to the playoffs next year.

Well, of course not, everyone loved him! But, once our offense was exposed, Kellar was shut out, Coles had butter fingers, and our coaching staff had no answer, everyone turns on the QB.

Please, say what you want, but if we are lucky enough to get Brett back, I bet you will be on the bandwagon again when he takes the team to the playoffs next year.

You can make all the excuses you want. The balls he threw to the other team are not the fault of any one of the things you mentioned. It's a non issue. He's gone.

You can make all the excuses you want. The balls he threw to the other team are not the fault of any one of the things you mentioned. It's a non issue. He's gone.

I am not making any excuses, just putting fault where it belongs. I wouldnt be so sure about if he is gone or not. I think if he decides to play another year it will be with the Jets.

I am not making any excuses, just putting fault where it belongs. I wouldnt be so sure about if he is gone or not. I think if he decides to play another year it will be with the Jets.

It belongs on the guy who threw 22 picks and 9 in the last 5 games. You can't win doing that. I don't care WHAT else is going on with the team. That kind of reckless disregard for the football is unforgivable and should show Favre and the Jets that he's done.

It belongs on the guy who threw 22 picks and 9 in the last 5 games. You can't win doing that. I don't care WHAT else is going on with the team. That kind of reckless disregard for the football is unforgivable and should show Favre and the Jets that he's done.

I still say if he wants to come back, the Jets will take him, regardless of what you or I think.

100% true. Not even Ratliff would've played that bad. :rim:

I still say if he wants to come back, the Jets will take him, regardless of what you or I think.

If they do they will be a complete laughing stock becuase it will be as clear as day that they care more about having a "star QB" than building a program that would provide sustained success over the long haul.

If they do they will be a complete laughing stock becuase it will be as clear as day because it will show that they care more about having a "star QB" than building a program that would provide sustained success over the long haul.

There is no one out there to build a long term deal with; Favre is the best option now. There might be something else the following year but for the best results in a short term, favre is it. There is a lot of talent on this team. If utilized properly, it can go a long way and favre helps get it there.

Favre is the best option for the Jets. Anyone who doesn't agree with that is fooling themselves.

Clemens, Ratliff, Ainge are just guys trying out...this team is not built for a QB to learn on the job....

If Favre does not return...the Jets will have a very bad year...if he does return..they have a chance to win some games and get in the playoffs.

Favre makes it so that Ryan just has to worry about the defense and let his OC handle Favre and the offense. With one of the kids he will be forced to concentrate on a QB battle and evaluting and coaching an inexperienced QB.

I would rather take one more shot with Favre..and let the kids fight it out for number 2.

There is no one out there to build a long term deal with; Favre is the best option now. There might be something else the following year but for the best results in a short term, favre is it. There is a lot of talent on this team. If utilized properly, it can go a long way and favre helps get it there.

You have NO IDEA if that's true or not and you won't until those players or other players who are brought in are allowed to play. As long as Favre is here the franchise is paralyzed. They are going nowhere with a QB who can't stop throwing picks. I don't care how much talent they have. That's common sense. I can't believe this is even an argument. How awful would he have to play for the reality of the player he is in 2009 to penetrate the legend of a player who doesn't exist anymore? If he had thrown 40 picks some people would still be deluding themselves into thinking the 1995 favre was gonna magically appear out of nowhere...

Thats what makes me hate Favre like I do,he can play like a complete jack@ss and still get handed the reigns,thats not fair to anyone of his teammates. Screw him I hope he tears his ACL in his first start for us if he returns.

Thats just mean....Brett is the best hope the Jets have next year.

Favre is the best option for the Jets. Anyone who doesn't agree with that is fooling themselves.

Clemens, Ratliff, Ainge are just guys trying out...this team is not built for a QB to learn on the job....

If Favre does not return...the Jets will have a very bad year...if he does return..they have a chance to win some games and get in the playoffs.

Favre makes it so that Ryan just has to worry about the defense and let his OC handle Favre and the offense. With one of the kids he will be forced to concentrate on a QB battle and evaluting and coaching an inexperienced QB.

I would rather take one more shot with Favre..and let the kids fight it out for number 2.

Where do you not see where we have 3 young qb's that can have a season like Brett did last year??? 9 ints and 5 tds in the last 5 games is Ainge stats right there. You guys just believe all the Favre hype. He is not what he once was 10 years ago just face it. He isnt even a good qb anymore. The fact he even made the probowl is absolutely ridiculous.

Thats just mean....Brett is the best hope the Jets have next year.

The whole logic of this statement sucks. This is not the late 90s packers. This is a TEAM. One player is not the best hope. The best hope is to play better on both sides of the ball and not turn the ball over.

You have NO IDEA if that's true or not and you won't until those players or other players who are brought in are allowed to play. As long as Favre is here the franchise is paralyzed. They are going nowhere with a QB who can't stop throwing picks. I don't care how much talent they have. That's common sense. I can't believe this is even an argument. How awful would he have to play for the reality of the player he is in 2009 to penetrate the legend of a player who doesn't exist anymore? If he had thrown 40 picks some people would still be deluding themselves into thinking the 1995 favre was gonna magically appear out of nowhere...

You are so right!! Go Jets!!!

Lets talk next season.....k?

Where do you not see where we have 3 young qb's that can have a season like Brett did last year??? 9 ints and 5 tds in the last 5 games is Ainge stats right there. You guys just believe all the Favre hype. He is not what he once was 10 years ago just face it. He isnt even a good qb anymore. The fact he even made the probowl is absolutely ridiculous.

He's not as good as he was but he is still better then the back ups. Didn't we score the 3rd most points ever this year? Farve had 5 bad games at the end but the rest were really fun to watch and no matter who we bring in were not going far next year so way not Farve?

I can see why people who want to win it all next year say no but it's not going to happen no matter who our starting QB is.

He's not as good as he was but he is still better then the back ups. Didn't we score the 3rd most points ever this year? Farve had 5 bad games at the end but the rest were really fun to watch and no matter who we bring in were not going far next year so way not Farve?

I can see why people who want to win it all next year say no but it's not going to happen no matter who our starting QB is.

And thats all because of Favre huh?? lol whatever,without catches he wouldnt have done crap. You people kill me thinking its a one man show just like Brett himself. How,do you know he's better than the backups we have? really how? Have they really shown us anything or even had a chance no. Ainge could be the next Brady,and if so,isnt that better than a 41 yr old Favre that plays more like a 41 year old Bubby Brister? I think so. Get rid of this cancer,he is what ruined this past season on the field,and in the locker room. Team continuity was never a problem for us until he walked in,now there's all this team rumbling. End it where it begins and ends...Brett Favre.

And thats all because of Favre huh?? lol whatever,without catches he wouldnt have done crap. You people kill me thinking its a one man show just like Brett himself. How,do you know he's better than the backups we have? really how? Have they really shown us anything or even had a chance no. Ainge could be the next Brady,and if so,isnt that better than a 41 yr old Favre that plays more like a 41 year old Bubby Brister? I think so. Get rid of this cancer,he is what ruined this past season on the field,and in the locker room. Team continuity was never a problem for us until he walked in,now there's all this team rumbling. End it where it begins and ends...Brett Favre.

Clemens in 07 was way worse than Favre was this year. If you are going to rightly want to get rid of Favre, Clemens should follow him out the door.

It's all because of the team and Farve was part of it. It sounds like you have a hard on for Ainge who hasn't done **** and neither has any of the other QBs on the roster. If one of them can beat on Farve then I'm all for letting them start but unless they do Farve is the best choice.

Clemens in 07 was way worse than Favre was this year. If you are going to rightly want to get rid of Favre, Clemens should follow him out the door.

Can we keep them and get rid of you as a fan instead?,that makes the most sense for the jets. Imagine Favre playing behind Clement and Clarke on the oline,and without his starting receivers,lol I'd like to see how many times he throws up that famous prayer Favre does so well. He would've got sacked 20 more times than Kellen with his slow feet. Clemens is the most mobile qb we have and thats why he made it through 07 as well as he did.

Can we keep them and get rid of you as a fan instead?,that makes the most sense for the jets. Imagine Favre playing behind Clement and Clarke on the oline,and without his starting receivers,lol I'd like to see how many times he throws up that famous prayer Favre does so well. He would've got sacked 20 more times than Kellen with his slow feet. Clemens is the most mobile qb we have and thats why he made it through 07 as well as he did.

The lowest rating in the NFL = well, huh? I'd love to know what kind of numbers a QB who you think is bad would put up...

Yeah thank the lord Ratliff or Favre didnt play then huh? they'd have had a 42% rating.

Talking out of your ass again. Favre played with lots of bad teams in GB and never was CLOSE to as horrible as Clemens and Ratliff has never played so anything you say about him is clearly pure speculation.

You mean throw a million interceptions and gag away the season against awful teams?

wow, talk about short term memories around here. The guy got us to 8-3, then got hurt and the defense started sh#tting the bed. To put all of the last 5 games on him is just bulls##t S.O.J.F. syndrome.

With these vets and these contracts we can not afford 2-3 years to figure out "what we have." Bring Favre back for a full proper offseason to get in shape and get on the smae page with everyone with the playbook, sort out the few holes during the draft and give the team a coach with some balls and smarts enough to be able to go into the locker room at halftime and make needed changes to stay sharp in game and we will be fine.

Please, the alternative is to give KC 5 games to stink up the joint then Ratliff a handful of games to see what he has and before you know it the team is playing golf in florda come january. I would say Ratliff reasonably has a 40% chance of being a servicable starter and a 10% chance of being a franchise qb, although i like him much more than KC and hope he beats my odds.

And thats all because of Favre huh?? lol whatever,without catches he wouldnt have done crap. You people kill me thinking its a one man show just like Brett himself...........

Wait a sec, you can credit favre with the losses at the end of the season, but others can't credit him with the wins? If it isn't a one man show like you said(and I agree) than why does he get the blame for the wheels coming off at the end of the year? There were plenty of drops by wr's in those last five games, and the pass defense was a complete joke. Maybe if the defense showed up to play in those last five games our qb wouldn't have had to resort to throwing it all over the place playing catch up.

blahblahblah, the same oline that Pennington also played behind and that got him a seat on the bench holding a clipboard. Whatever, at the end of the day,Clemens straight up blew. If you are going to push for one of our guys to replace Favre, at least push for a guy who has shown something like Ratliff and not a guy who was going to lose his job as starter to the guy with the twice broken wing he replaced.

LOL at the scrub who couldn't beat out Pennington.

If he was really hurt he should've asked out of the games when it was clear he was hurting the team with his picks. It's time for the Jets to move on.

That is total B.S. An athlete's job is to say he is ready to play. A coaches job is to decide when an injury is hurting the team.

A player who asks out of the lineup would get killed around here.

I was actually all for the trade to bring him here for ONE SEASON. Trying your franchise to a 41 year old for any period longer than that makes no sense.

Well that would make a lot of sense. Except Favre is 39 years old. So in two years when he is 41 I think your post may be correct.

He is gone? Yes, he is gone if he wants to go. But if he wants to come back the job is his, that is just the way it is.

There is nothing you or Rex Ryan can do to change that.

Archived