I Want Brett Favre Back

Maxman

But you guys seem surprised that this is the case. Woody wants Brett back. He has to sell PSLs and luxury boxes. If you say that the #1 goal here is winning the Super Bowl I fear you missed something.

I wish it wasn't that way but clearly it is.

I agree with you on the franchise's priorities, but I don't see how Favre helps him sell his product. Cut him and use some of the salary space to sign a guy like Julius Peppers, someone in his prime who they can watch play at a high level for another five years.

Nothing sells overpriced seats like a champion, although I don't doubt that Woody prefers a shortcut.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the fact that Favre's jersey was the number one selling football jersey this year speaks volumes for Woody and his bean counters.

They've sold their allotment of Favre jerseys. Anyone who was gonna buy one already has. Time for the next big thing if selling jerseys is what they're all about.

Call me naive, but if that turns out to be the case(and I broached this in August) and Brett is back, football will be almost dead to me.

I just spent this last year staying away from the Jets more so than any other season, and this would be another nail in that coffin.

Of course teh opwner is PUBLICLY going to say that he wants him back-It is correct thing to do.

Actions will speak louder here.

Fair point. I am in the school of thought that believes Woody's actions publicly were sincere. In that he does want Brett back above all else.

That being said -- I want him back as well. What the hell, they are going to lose anyway you might as well get a few national games out of it.

I agree with you on the franchise's priorities, but I don't see how Favre helps him sell his product. Cut him and use some of the salary space to sign a guy like Julius Peppers, someone in his prime who they can watch play at a high level for another five years.

Nothing sells overpriced seats like a champion, although I don't doubt that Woody prefers a shortcut.

That is the problem they are faced with. I think they wanted to win a Championship this year to make the sales calls easier in the spring.

That didn't happen.

What do they do now? Try to convince everyone that a championship is nearby. Except that is hard to sell with young QBs running the team.

They've sold their allotment of Favre jerseys. Anyone who was gonna buy one already has. Time for the next big thing if selling jerseys is what they're all about.

I think you misunderstand my point, it shows that Favre is still a marketable quantity.

So selling tickets with Favre attached as QB seems to be an easier sell than selling tickets with Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff.

Favre sells more tickets.

That is the problem they are faced with. I think they wanted to win a Championship this year to make the sales calls easier in the spring.

That didn't happen.

What do they do now? Try to convince everyone that a championship is nearby. Except that is hard to sell with young QBs running the team.

The Jets should try to realize that there fans are not stupid.

Witness how other teams win, and notice that QB is a pretty important spot to have synch up with how the rest of your team is built.

The Jets have a disconnect there. Pretty obvious.

The Jets should try to realize that there fans are not stupid.

Have you ever been to a Jets game? :rl:

I like blaming the Jets for a lot of things. Personally I am going to give them a pass on believing we are stupid. They have enough evidence that points otherwise.

also, the idea that, even if he gets Favre, he will outlast him.

Ryan would only have to "suffer" Favre for his first year anyway.

I hope he suffers the way McCarthy did two years ago, when his 6-10 Packers went 13-3 behind 28 Favre TD's.

I hope he suffers like we did in the first 11 games before the shoulder injury. I admit, it was selfish to stay in, but I forgive him. because before hurting that shoulder he went 21-6 with probowl statlines.

Heal up that shoulder, come to EVERY camp, get on board with the whole offense,Coles, shut up and play,Jets, get a deep threat.

Defense will rock. HERE WE COME>

p.s.

Oh, Brett, if that shoulder starts "acting up" to the tune of INT's the leash is short and at the end is the preseason star (which will be Ratliff)

pps

when judging the "end of Favre's leash" forget who they are playing against. The talent on the field is spread evenly.2nd vs. 2nd 3rd vs. 3rd. Look for poise in the pocket, good throws, good decisions, good play fakes., 2-minute drills, that type of ****t.

that should be our #2, not who was drafted first.

If he comes back to the Jets, more jerseys will be sold, thats a given. I dont have one yet and neither does my daughter. I will be getting her one for her bday soon.

Anyway, not only does he sell jerseys, he also gets national air time, he sells papers and magazines. People cant seem to get enough, love him or hate him, the mere mention of his name turns a lot of ears.

The attention on the Jets next year, if he comes back will be incredible!

It was not a "Jets QB" that did that, it was a Jets TEAM.

A vastly improved o-line.

Greater opportunities for Thomas Jones.

Long run s by Leon Washington.

Special team scores by Leon Washington.

Defensive scoeres (a record) by a Jet defense.

Di9d Brett Favre contribute? Sure. But he also is a poor fit here.

But don't look at "points scored" and credit a QB alone. That was not half the story.

so when the jets went 8-3 it was the team, but when the jets followed up with 1-4 it was Favre?

so when the jets went 8-3 it was the team, but when the jets followed up with 1-4 it was Favre?

Where did I say that?

Favre, combined with the Jets offense and its make-up, makes you very one dimensional relatinmg to things that can work for you in the passing game.

Once other teams took that option away, the Jets were sunk. They had no answer (and the answer relies in the type of players, to change.

it is what happens when you build an offense one way, yet equip it with a qb that is better in other things.

I wouldn't mind seeing Favre back either. Three things need to happen though:

1) Keep Favre healthy

2) COACH him and keep on the guy like he's any other player.

3) Make David Clowney a f#&^'in STARTER!!!!

In his early career Favre did what ever he wanted and usually led the league in INTs

then Mike Holmgren stepped in and turn him in to the elite Brett Favre with way

fewer INTs and 30-40 TD's a season. Then MH goes away and Favre starts to struggle

again and does what he wants. Mike McCarthy steps in after Favre having an awful

05 season throwing tons of INTs and each year less INTs and more TDs and last year

was an elite offense and statistically #2 in the NFL and a very well deserved runner up

spot for MVP last season. Clowney also needs to be a starter. No one else on the friggin team can get open. This guy is almost ALWAYS open. That's what Favre needs. If guys are never open it's only a matter of time before Favre will try to force something. You can't expect the guy to throw it away every other play because guys can't get open.

JMO.

Peace

I know you are excited about what Warner did today but this is not Warner we're talking about!!! This guy is far dumber and much more careless than Warner! No Way!! Stay home Favre!!!!!

There is no better option in 2009, second year in this system, Brett's shoulder improving health wise along with Rex make the Jets a legitimate contender in 2009. There will not be any other QB available who will give the Jets this upside in 2009.

There is no better option in 2009, second year in this system, Brett's shoulder improving health wise along with Rex make the Jets a legitimate contender in 2009. There will not be any other QB available who will give the Jets this upside in 2009.

If Brett decides to stick around -and the Jets let him- watch that shoulder be the excuse for him to miss a big chunk of offseason work.

If he comes back to the Jets, more jerseys will be sold, thats a given. I dont have one yet and neither does my daughter. I will be getting her one for her bday soon.

Anyway, not only does he sell jerseys, he also gets national air time, he sells papers and magazines. People cant seem to get enough, love him or hate him, the mere mention of his name turns a lot of ears.

The attention on the Jets next year, if he comes back will be incredible!

Your priorities as a fan are very skewed.

Jersey sales and talk of the media have NOTHING to do with performance on the field. and that is what this is about.

Actually, it started out with Max stating he wanted Brett back and it went from there. The post you are referring to of mine was a response to someone else and it had nothing to do with performance. Perhaps, you should read through them before you post again.

the jets should give brett a deadline to know if he wants to comeback. his decision affects what we can do in the free agency market and also in the draft because QB may be a posititon we need to address. he is taking up $13 million that we can use to re-sign leon washington and maybe go out and get a solid free agent. i personally think that kellen can lead this team next year we have the talent and we now have a HC who is gonna bring some excitement to the organization all we have to do is put it all together...

P.S. Rex Ryan should have a rifle handy if Brian Schottenheimer puts the offense in the shotgun on 3rd and 2

the jets should give brett a deadline to know if he wants to comeback. his decision affects what we can do in the free agency market and also in the draft because QB may be a posititon we need to address. he is taking up $13 million that we can use to re-sign leon washington and maybe go out and get a solid free agent. i personally think that kellen can lead this team next year we have the talent and we now have a HC who is gonna bring some excitement to the organization all we have to do is put it all together...

P.S. Rex Ryan should have a rifle handy if Brian Schottenheimer puts the offense in the shotgun on 3rd and 2

I think so too and I believe they will, if they havnt already. Hopefully, we will have an answer by mid february.

Archived