Jets press conference Wednesday 10 am

jetsrule128

REX:

Opens with a bad Obama Joke.

Thanks Woody and Mike and Family.

Good joke about his wife: 'Man did I outkick my coverage'.

Surround myself with best people I can find, 'work with me, not for me'. Talented guys in place. Westhoff and Callahan will stay.

Mike Pettine as DC, rising star.

Provide our players with everything they need to be successful.

Philosophy: KILL Philosophy - Keep It Likable and Learnable.

Attack team, aggressive on both sides of the ball, mistakes will be made at full speed.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REX:

We're going to pick each other up, team effort, compete against each other in practice.

Practice at full speed.

Aggressive and Physical... All weather offense, starts with running game.

Took this job bc he knew this was where he wanted to be, understand pressures of NY, see it as an opportunity to win immediately.

Message to the league 'The Jets are coming and we're going to give you everything we've got', going to put pressure on other teams.

Want to be known as the most physical team in the NFL.

You take a swipe at one of our guys, we're going after two of yours.

Talks about father and history.

REX:

We're going to pick each other up, team effort, compete against each other in practice.

Practice at full speed.

Aggressive and Physical... All weather offense, starts with running game.

Took this job bc he knew this was where he wanted to be, understand pressures of NY, see it as an opportunity to win immediately.

Message to the league 'The Jets are coming and we're going to give you everything we've got', going to put pressure on other teams.

Want to be known as the most physical team in the NFL.

You take a swipe at one of our guys, we're going after two of yours.

Talks about father and history.

:cheers:

Q: QB?

- Favre is tremendous player, played him at it felt like one of my worst days. Talent and competitor.

Q: Bretts Finish?

- Didn't see those games b/c was trying to prep the Ravens. We'll look at it. Sometimes you don't have the best game... blah blah blah coachspeak. Respect for Brett.

Q: can't hear.

- Not a one hit wonder, I've been successful at all stops. College, Cincy, Oklahoma, top defenses everywhere. Bal has been consistent over the last 10 years in defense. You got the right guy. (LOVE THE CONFIDENCE)

Q: can't hear.

- Meeting with Brian soon. Great Reputation. I know the disappointment he's feeling by not getting the job. We have a lot we can talk about. I was w/ the Ravens for 9 years. Considered it a great opportunity, more prepared this year than last year.

He's taking questions now.

First question on Favre and he lauded how great Favre is, "any coach would want Favre as your QB" but was noncommittal on what's going to happen.

Hutch asked him about Favre throwing 9 INTs in 5 games and Rex said, "I haven't watched those games since I was trying to get the Ravens to the SB." Then says we all have bad games.

"Gholston has only scratched the surface of what he can do."

Says he's high on Gholston, mentions that Suggs was called a Bust and Ozzie told Rex to go coach him. Rex took Suggs aside and told him he will be a probowl player.

Archived