My favorite radio station is dead

Jetsfan1015

I was listening to my favorite radio station as I do everyday at work yesterday and all of a sudden it went from alternative rock to a top 40 hit station. 106.3 and 106.5 in central Jersey decided (without notice) to chance their format at around 12pm yesterday to a top 40 hits station. I mean do we really need another station that plays that garbage (sorry if you actually like the stuff). There were no comericials for the change and the dj's also said nothing about the change. The website was also taken down and no one will answer the phones at the station or the parent company. I am so pissed off. I have listened to that stations for a long time and even though it went through some lesser format changes a few years back, it was still a great station to listed for newer stuff, rarely played on other radio stations. So here is to you, the new hit 106.3, I hope you go down in flames. END RANT.

Couple of years back listening to my favorite rock station in the morning - Later that afternoon I put it on and I hear Mexican music. THought it was a joke -- .10 later The DJ is speaking Mexican and the next song is more Tejano - I was pissed beyond words - since the I have switched to XM better music choices and no commercials .

all of a sudden it went from alternative rock to a top 40 hit station. 106.3 and 106.5 in central Jersey decided (without notice) to chance their format at around 12pm yesterday to a top 40 hits station......There were no comericials for the change and the dj's also said nothing about the change. The website was also taken down and no one will answer the phones at the station or the parent company.

Are there other stations you can pick up which play alternative rock?

It seems like the whole low end of the dial 80's low 90's is all Spanish language stations now. That used to be where all the good stations were.

I still catch a few college stations down that end that play some cool stuff and there is a Seattle based station KEXP that has a great morning music show (91.5 FM)

Are there other stations you can pick up which play alternative rock?

There are a few but 106.3 was, imo, the best out there. Between the music they played and the on-air personalities it was fun to listen to. O well life goes on, looks like I will be using the IPod a little more now.

I was listening to my favorite radio station as I do everyday at work yesterday and all of a sudden it went from alternative rock to a top 40 hit station. 106.3 and 106.5 in central Jersey decided (without notice) to chance their format at around 12pm yesterday to a top 40 hits station. I mean do we really need another station that plays that garbage (sorry if you actually like the stuff). There were no comericials for the change and the dj's also said nothing about the change. The website was also taken down and no one will answer the phones at the station or the parent company. I am so pissed off. I have listened to that stations for a long time and even though it went through some lesser format changes a few years back, it was still a great station to listed for newer stuff, rarely played on other radio stations. So here is to you, the new hit 106.3, I hope you go down in flames. END RANT.

Been there, had that happen , and it really sucks. There was a great FM station in Buffalo years back. Great music and DJ's. They were always playing practical jokes. One Saturday I turn on the radio and hear "WPHD is no longer on the air. It does not exist. " I figured it was a joke. Hell of a joke cause several hours later they were still doing it. A week later it was a jazz station. :(

Been there, had that happen , and it really sucks. There was a great FM station in Buffalo years back. Great music and DJ's. They were always playing practical jokes. One Saturday I turn on the radio and hear "WPHD is no longer on the air. It does not exist. " I figured it was a joke. Hell of a joke cause several hours later they were still doing it. A week later it was a jazz station. :(

Are you sure you are remembering correctly? WPHD in buffalo was the precursor to "the fox" and "the edge" in buffalo. I can remember listening to all three back then. The format was originally like classic rock and then went more towards alternative in the early 90s. They did play alot of practical jokes in the morning, but so did the fox and the edge.

Are you sure you are remembering correctly? WPHD in buffalo was the precursor to "the fox" and "the edge" in buffalo. I can remember listening to all three back then. The format was originally like classic rock and then went more towards alternative in the early 90s. They did play alot of practical jokes in the morning, but so did the fox and the edge.

The Edge was in Rochester.

from allaccess.com

PRESS COMMUNICATIONS Alternative WHTG-WBBO/EATONTOWN (MONMOUTH-OCEAN) NJ, and simulcast partner WBBO/OCEAN ACRES, NJ have flipped to Top 40 as "Jersey's Hit Music Connection - Hits 106." The stations transmit on 106.3 in MONMOUTH COUNTY, and at 106.5 in OCEAN COUNTY, respectively.

The station's website is dark, but when it was up earlier today the "NOW PLAYING" section of the home page had "REGULATE" by WARREN G listed. PRESS COMMUNICATIONS Dir./Programming MIKE FITZGERALD tells ALL ACCESS that the station has done a "soft launch" using DIAL GLOBAL's "Hits Now" format. PD TERRIE CARR remains on board, but MD/morning host MATT MURRAY has exited (201-274-9830; mattytourbus@yahoo.com). FITZGERALD said that morning co-host ERIN VOGT and afternooner MATT KNIGHT are also in discussions to remain with the station.

WHTG has a long history as an Alternative station, having adopted the format in 1984, and taking a unique, free-form approach to its execution for many years. Current WRXP/NEW YORK morning host and former MTV host MATT PINFIELD previously served as WHTG's PD.

FITZGERALD added that he hopes to augment the DIAL GLOBAL satellite-delivered programming with live morning and afternoon shows in a "few weeks," and he's accepting applications. Send your into to MIKE FITZGERALD, WHTG, 2355 West Bangs Ave,, NEPTUNE , NJ 07753.

Like everything else in the music industry, it looks like a cost cutting move. Getting pre-programmed music is a hell of a lot cheaper than running everything on their own.

Archived