Superdome article: people turn into animals

TomShane

Has anyone else noticed that the hurricane only clobbered states that voted for Bush?

I'm just sayin'.

And, now, I'm LMAO, waiting for the backlash! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually Bob it only devestated the Democratic

Parts of the state..And the Gov and NO local

officials are all Dems..Nice Try though.. =D>

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else noticed that the hurricane only clobbered states that voted for Bush?

I'm just sayin'.

Bob, i consider myself fairly middle of the road when it comes to politics, but since the PC gloves appear to be off i'll clue you in a little something: all of this looting and raping is being done by the lower class, and primarily blacks. this is the democratic base, and the democratic constituency for the last 50 years of social programs. how are they working out?

this is exactly what happens when you have a society of entitlement rather than personal responsibility.

hate to break it to you Bob, but these tv images reinforce the beliefs of the rest of america. and now we have good people like you, the LA gov, and the NO mayor blaming bush and fed gov't. got news for you, this is a local issue not a federal one. if the mayor and gov had been better prepared none of this would have happened.

maybe now the rest of the country will wake up and realize that an aapologetic attitude toward raping, looting, and vigilantism is unacceptable. maybe this can be avoided in the future.

Bob, i consider myself fairly middle of the road when it comes to politics, but since the PC gloves appear to be off i'll clue you in a little something: all of this looting and raping is being done by the lower class, and primarily blacks. this is the democratic base, and the democratic constituency for the last 50 years of social programs. how are they working out?

this is exactly what happens when you have a society of entitlement rather than personal responsibility.

hate to break it to you Bob, but these tv images reinforce the beliefs of the rest of america. and now we have good people like you, the LA gov, and the NO mayor blaming bush and fed gov't. got news for you, this is a local issue not a federal one. if the mayor and gov had been better prepared none of this would have happened.

maybe now the rest of the country will wake up and realize that an aapologetic attitude toward raping, looting, and vigilantism is unacceptable. maybe this can be avoided in the future.

You knocked it right on the head. If I were a religious man the saying "God helps those who help themselves." comes into play here. Complain about all you want and how you deserve help. You dont deserve sh*t. I was reading in the papers how a bunch of people at the Superdome were getting pissed off when supplies. Quote from an Associate Press article

But there also were anger and profane jeers from many in the crowd of nearly 20,000 outside the convention center, which a day earlier seemed on the verge of a riot, with desperate people seething with anger over the lack of anything to eat or drink.

"They should have been here days ago," said 46-year-old Michael Levy, whose words were echoed by those around him yelling, "Hell, yeah!"

"We've been sleeping on the ... ground like rats," Levy added. "I say burn this whole ... city down."

What kind of response is that? Here we are donating money, food, clothes, medical supplies, hell even our own blood for some ungrateful bastards that are too lazy to get out of the city? Oh you cant afford a car then ******* walk thats what you're ancestors were doing. Fat POS that want to be handfed.

Honestly thats the problem with this country and the poor they expect sh*t to be handed to them because the going is tough. Well suck it up and get out there and get a job. How ******* hard is it to get a job at 3 different McDonalds to feed your family? I dont see illegals complaining about the sh*t jobs they do.

and i hate language filters :evil:

What kind of response is that? Here we are donating money, food, clothes, medical supplies, hell even our own blood for some ungrateful bastards that are too lazy to get out of the city? Oh you cant afford a car then farging walk thats what you're ancestors were doing. Fat POS that want to be handfed.

Honestly thats the problem with this country and the poor they expect Sh#t to be handed to them because the going is tough. Well suck it up and get out there and get a job. How farging hard is it to get a job at 3 different McDonalds to feed your family? I dont see illegals complaining about the Sh#t jobs they do.

and i hate language filters :evil:

oy. what a first post. :shock: if you dont like language filters... then just go away.. by the way..we dont need bigots here.

:( damn they dont like me already. I wouldnt go as far as saying im a bigot because obviously im human and admit my own personal views might be 'wrong'. Intolerant would be the word I would more widely use. But I'm trying to jump start a discussion on personal responsibility and dependence on other entities. Obviously if you were self-dependant you wouldnt be in that kind of situation being stuck in New Orleans.

And as for language filters, I just curse alot. Comes with the territory of dealing with HS kids on a daily basis.

"There is feces on the walls," said Bryan Hebert, 43, who arrived at the Superdome on Monday. "There is feces all over the place."

OK. I understand the dynamics of a backed up toilet, and I know what it's like to be bottled up in a stadium and what not, and people can get a little crazy but-

Pray tell, how does the feces wind up smeared on the wall?!

I mean, ok, Shea stadium is one thing (especially when the Phillies come to town) but c'mon people, where do we draw the line?

I Just explained why it does matter {see above}

Feel free to disagree, but save the PC censorship for the college class-room

the colleges of the US, where people are educated and enlightened? vs. what? the street corner where simple angry derelicts make excuses for why they are losers?

Id prefer school.

Ham, your theories are full of holes that would have sunk 10 titanics.

religion prevents barbarism you say. Im speechless

i seem to remember a lot of people helping others on 9-11..and in Godless NYC!!!

your Titanic references are so far off base! People were acting like animals then too to get on boats...it was mayhem.

no they werent. they were delirious with joy because they were going on to the afterlife. Ham was there...

"if there is no HIGHER LAW to replace MANS LAW when mans law is no longer a threat, anarchy will often reign until law and order are restored "

anarchy will reign no matter if there is higher law or not...You are using anarchy incorrectly...Anarchy is not synonomous with crime and inhumanity....

good point bman.

if our well educated ::cough:: sensationalist friend here ever opened up a text on ideology he would learn that anarchy has nothing to do with running around screaming and punching and doing whatever you want. He has fallen into hs own trap becaue the first line in the book would say exactly that!

But you know, books are made by pot smoking hippies so who cares

Without slighting all the people of New Orleans, it's entire ethic has long been corrupted; it's crime and lawlessness was everywhere at once before this ever happened; it tolerated and embraced graft. When the civil authorities were so compromised in the first place, once the tragedy struck, there was nothing in it's culture to hold it together. Hack Mayor Nagin's only response seems to be to bang a tin cup against his high chair. And when the whole political culture down there is "I want my piece now!" it's hardly surprising.

Notice that as awful as this has been in that whole region, it's only really gone out of control in New Orleans. When your culture breeds ward heelers and hustlers, you cannot expect leadership to appear when you need it.

NYC was hardly perfect after 9/11. And there has always been something creepy about Guiliani campaigning and extending his career on the deaths of the victims. But at least here it was understood immediately that no lawlessness would be tolerated and all the authorties made a point of appealing to our betters. And while there were minor incidents, nothing dramatic like this happened. In fact, crime dropped dramtically for months.

And know this- Guiliani to me is an opportunist who treats those underneath him like garbage. But at least he had some integrity and didn't go into this crybaby mode we're seeing today. When Nagy did that, it was practically a signal-do what ever youw ant. There's no rules and we won't enforce them.

Bugg, now you?

what do you think NO was? a den of theives? I cant believe what im reading here today i am really stunned by some of these comments and theories.

No was a city like any other. mostly good decent people and a fair share of scumbags

if bransom missouri was wiped out you think that after a few days of little food, hot sun and frustrations they would all be civil to each other? NO, them cracker ass xtians would be cutting each others throats for a bag of rice.

good god

religion prevents barbarism you say. Im speechless

I like the way you condense my comments into a convenient little sound bite ... very cute

PS. You are speechless ... it's true ... because you clearly have nothing to add other than distortions followed by sarcasm ... in other words, nothing of substance ... so I agree that you are speechless {metaphorically speaking}

Apparently, the fact that I was joking was lost on Fo Block. Savage seemed to get it without any problem.

As for this Silver Surfer, who is, no doubt, a gutless existing poster who needed a new name to spew his bigotry, I suggest suicide.

Take one for the team, Bud.

Just talked to my parents and they whitnessed more than their fair share of horror. One story in particular involving a couple saved from a roof top and then dropped off at a highway where the husband then broke into a massive seizure only to be left for dead by ongoing police. Wife left with his dead body and no one else. :shock:

Your ideas are unoriginal, borderline racist and super ignorant.

Only a FOOL no scratch that... a DAMNED FOOL would downplay the importance of education. You have an archie bunker type mentality which you are proud of. sickening.

I hate you and pray death upon you and everyone around you.

BTW, I never minimized the importance of education ... another cute little distortion

I attacked the far too prevelent attitude that infects the academy nowadays, mostly by the likes of you ... that being political correctness, and that my friend is an ANTI INTELLECTUAL ideology

Only a frightened, insecure little man wishes to surpress speech {religious or otherwise} to give only HIS IDEAS a forum

So don't pretend to be a man of enlightenment ... you are the opposite of the enlightened man ... you are a scared little man who wishes to control every aspect of the debate

And one thing education cannot do is make you a better human-being, as you just displayed all to well ... that's why I thank you for making my point

Guys....we don't ask much here. We don't ask that you keep it civil. That isn't being done here.

We don't want to censor anyone. But it seems like everyone can't follow the rules.

Don't make it personal. That is what we ask of you.

lol you guys should know me a little better. that last line was goof

ham, your last post was once again senseationalism. that is all you are about. you should get a job at a tv station. "little scared man" thats a good one and used by people online when they cant say anything else

it isnt me who is lecturing and trying to educate anyone...it is you. everybody here except for one person thinks that you are wrong.

You have (and ive heard it before from you) goofed on colleges. you have that old school stereotypical attitude that downplays universities as a factories that turn out leftist. its an old tired line, brother. dont deny it. you cant bs a bsh*tter

you started your crying with ANARCHY!!!!!! but yet you dont even know what the word means. you are using the term incorrectly. it is a common mistake among ignorant folks, and you are just that.

your mentioning of the titanic is laughable. its the worst analogy ever, and even that is full of holes

you fail to respond to the fact that perhaps only 1 or 2 % of the people are involved in the shenannigans and that 98% are peaceful

you avoid explaining how in NYC, the greatest city in the world, a HOTBED of leftist ideals and selfish, godless people could be so kind to each other on such a grand scale after 911

In all your sensational rantings, you never once even mentioned or considered the socio economic aspects of why people behave the way that they do. probably because that is yet another CLASSIC item that OLD geezers refuse to acknowlege.Too much leftist college theory i guess....

BTW, i agree 100% with you that man is corrutpt by nature. see my avatar? I also agree that the culture today is much different than in the 20-30s. But I would suggest to you the reasons have less to do with faith and more to do with the introduction of mass media (radio to tv to cable to internet)and the ability to travel which introduce an otherwise ignorant ( and i dont mean that as an insult) populous to the varieties which exist in the world as well as the darker sides.

were not in kansas anymore

lol you guys should know me a little better. that last line was goof

Don't try to clean it up ... there was no joke intended ... you got upset and acted like an animal

Now you want to clean it up because you realize what an @$$ made out of yourself ... well I'm not buying it

No hard feelings ... I recognize the hostility and from where it eminates ... that reaction is fairly common when the word "GOD" is mentioned in the presense of an athiest ... it's nothing I haven't seen or heard before

But unlike you I am not running away from my own words ... I said what I said and I meant every word of it ... if that makes me ignorant in your view, no sweat off my back ... I consider the source and laugh

Lastly, for such an educated man you sure do have a great deal of trouble carrying on a civil discission minus name-calling and ad-homonym attacks ... I find that interesting ... perhaps you can inquire about a class that covers civility the next time you enter the hallowed halls of Harvard

But that aside, you sound like so many phony intellectuals I have encountered ... the ones who confuse SMUG for INTELLIGENT ... which is what makes them the phonies, because I've never known a truly intelligent man who confuses the two or thinks he sounds smart because he acts like a buffoon

No offesne :wink:

delusions again. maybe i made myself look like an immature fool, which it is completely removed from what you do or say

I beg to differ sir ... the only difference between what you wished on me and my family and the folks who are behaving like vicious animals in N.O. is ... well ... they share your disregard for human life and are acting accordingly

When did all this turn into a "who is smarter" competition?

Where did I claim to be some kind of godly man of intellect? have you seen my spelling and the butchering of grammar?

Just because I am defending the universities, dont confuse me as some elitist. sure i gig a good steak but....

YOU are the guy who says something negastive about colleges. Its not the first time, either.

Ill admit it though......I got mad and I meant it. (in the heat of the moment)

Neverthless, despite my boorish behavior I have offered multiple points to which you have done a good deal of avoiding or just plain considering. I shouldnt have exploded on you just because you were talking crazy.I should have just debated you....but i get pissed see then i wanna strangle and OOOYYY

I apologize

ps you may now begin the email exchanges with GOB

I beg to differ sir ... the only difference between what you wished on me and my family and the folks who are behaving like vicious animals in N.O. is ... well ... they share your disregard for human life and are acting accordingly

relax ham i wish you and the loved ones the best.

Neverthless, despite my boorish behavior I have offered multiple points to which you have done a good deal of avoiding or just plain considering. I shouldnt have exploded on you just because you were talking crazy.I should have just debated you....but i get pissed see then i wanna strangle and OOOYYY

I apologize

ps you may now begin the email exchanges with GOB

1. I have not avoided debate because you are too clever or because I cannot slam-dunk the few softballs you lobbed ... I have avoided debate because you are TOO VULGER ... big difference

Or as the old saying goes, lie down with pigs and you are bound to get muddy

2. If you ever want to "strangle me" as you infer, I am all too willing to grant you that opportunity ... Just say the word, name the time and place, and I will grant you the opportunity to release that feeling of anger on yours truly ... otherwise, don't start writing checks that you can't cash

3. Your apology is not accepted because it is not delivered with even a hint of sincerity ... but there are no hard feelings because you are what you are and I am not at all surprised ... heck, I spent the whole day writing about it ... so I don't hold it against you ... I know you are just the vile product of an off-the-rack culture ... if anything I pity you

4. If you are suggesting I would alert a mod you are even crazier than you sound ... that is something I have never done in all my years of posting {here or elsewhere} ... it goes against my ethics to be a snitch ... if I have something to say to you I will say it right here on the board or I will not say it at all ... but I do not believe in sneaking behind someones back and begging for help

PS. First you wish me and my family death, then you assure everyone is was a joke, now you admit that you meant it {after I had to shame it out of you} ... you sound confused my friend ... are you sure you have finally settled on the intent?

I mean, it's now safe to say that you really did behave like an animal, right?

Because I wouldn't want to be accused of mischaracterizing your intent

Oh yeah, and this means I was correct ... you really did validate my initial proposal ... and I really do thank you for it

If anyone wants to see what I was getting at, there you have it :wink:

Apparently, the fact that I was joking was lost on Fo Block. Savage seemed to get it without any problem.

As for this Silver Surfer, who is, no doubt, a gutless existing poster who needed a new name to spew his bigotry, I suggest suicide.

Take one for the team, Bud.

Actually I've never posted on this forum before. I frequent it alot whenever im bored at work but Im just a forum lurker that doesnt find the need to express myself over little things such lets cut Gessner cause he cant catch worth sh*t, etc etc. I enjoy reading people's posts and intellectual conversations.

Now im a firm believer in social responsibility and being held responsible for our own actions. And it irritates me to no end when people start saying they deserve better or deserve more from some other entity (aka government, other people, etc etc.) after you made your own damn mistake by being stupid and staying when you should of been evacuated. Bring up how you cant afford transportation, etc etc. but seriously thats just a cope out. If you wanted to get out of the city that badly you could put on your shoes and start walking. 3mph 12 hours a day, leave 3 days early wow you're out of Katrina's path. The fact of the matter is you have the power to effect the path your life takes.

The question is are you going to sit on your ass waiting and hoping for the best? Or are you going to do whatever is in your power to protect yourself and your family? What are you going to sacrifice? Your own comfort zone or the safety of you and your loved ones? I seriously ******* hope its the latter.

For the record when it comes to the looter shoot to kill. If they arent busy trying to get themselves and their loved ones to safety they wont be missed. We have enough trash as it is. Its cleanup time.

Religion has nothing to do with any of this and it is stupid to bring it into anything at all. Just because someone talks to a different invisible person doesn't mean that he or she is going to loot more or kill more or be a better person. Stop with this religion crap.

This is a National tragedy and George W. Bush isn't doing Sh#t, yet again.

124 since you like to flaunt the fact that you ahve so much money, perhaps you should so something then. :roll:

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

They should see the inside of a prision, plain and simple. What a disgrace.

Like I've said before, we're trained as local/county/state emergency services to deal with a massive tragedy and be able to survive running our own show for 3-4 days til the feds can mobilize their vast resources. It's like that everywhere. The city of NO, the mayor of NO, the state of LA and most importantly, NOPD have failed the people of NO. That video says it all. Between that, the officers turning in their badges and/or not showing up/disappearing, that's a large chunk of why NO fell into the state it has.

Look, I'm gonna ask you guys what Mick Jagger asked the audience at Altamont in '69 as a dozen Hells Angels were playing drums on somebody's head with pool cues-

People, why are we fighting?!

Good movie made from that concert as well in which the title and lyrics fits this thread perfectly.

This thread has gotten ugly and we all should cool out, write a check to the Red Cross if we so choose, and let the site get back to it's original purpose....Jets football and a few laughs.

Archived