Superdome article: people turn into animals

TomShane

Seriously, the one-upmanship is counterproductive to the discussion. Superiority isn't gained by acting superior, it's accomplished by elevating those around you as much as possible. I respect the intellects and arguments, and even the passion of those argueing. But at some point, someone has to ask, "to what purpose am I ranting?" I Disagree with Ham. I've stated my case. He's an excellent debator and so I'll engage no further. That would serve no purpose. Truth is, I'm incredibly frustrated by those blaming the victims for starving to death, dehydrating, and dying of heat-stroke. "They deserve it for not leaving" is a disgusting and inhuman stance. The blame game and the finger pointing are useless and also without purpose--let's worry about that after the last child has been plucked from an attic. Take a look at the suffering and despair, the horrific stories of families torn apart and loved ones lost--then decide just how important your political views are, and how far you'll go to win an argument. A little concern and humility go a long way.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

They should see the inside of a prision, plain and simple. What a disgrace.

Like I've said before, we're trained as local/county/state emergency services to deal with a massive tragedy and be able to survive running our own show for 3-4 days til the feds can mobilize their vast resources. It's like that everywhere. The city of NO, the mayor of NO, the state of LA and most importantly, NOPD have failed the people of NO. That video says it all. Between that, the officers turning in their badges and/or not showing up/disappearing, that's a large chunk of why NO fell into the state it has.

Hopefully all of the cops that walked off the job end up cleaning toilets for a living, what a bunch of chicken sh*ts. All they did was make a bad situation worse and put their dedicated colleagues who stayed, in an untenable situation.

As for the self righteous Mayor that is barking about getting no help, this incompetent fool had no plan, nothing in place to at least mobilize a first response to a disaster. He is trying to shift the focus away from his incompetence. Even though the Federal response has been horrible, this a$$hole had nothing, absolutely nothing in the weay of a plan ready to go. Many other cities around the country and world at least have a first response disaster plan ready to go, just in case the worst happens.

Hopefully all of the cops that walked off the job end up cleaning toilets for a living, what a bunch of chicken sh*ts. All they did was make a bad situation worse and put their dedicated colleagues who stayed, in an untenable situation.

As for the self righteous Mayor that is barking about getting no help, this incompetent fool had no plan, nothing in place to at least mobilize a first response to a disaster. He is trying to shift the focus away from his incompetence. Even though the Federal response has been horrible, this a$$hole had nothing, absolutely nothing in the weay of a plan ready to go. Many other cities around the country and world at least have a first response disaster plan ready to go, just in case the worst happens.

GREEN DNA GETS MY VOTE FOR POST OF THE DAY

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

GREEN DNA GETS MY VOTE FOR POST OF THE DAY

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

you both have good posts here guns. I believe you're exactly right when you say that the local authorities at all levels have failed the people of the city miserably.

sure the gov't is slow in their response but it seems that as soon as the wind started blowin, everyone was left to their own devices for survival. what a terrible,terrible plan especially since unlike the suddeness of 9/11,hurricane katrina came as no surprise to anyone.

Insurance companies basically sell umbrellas for sunny days, & many folks will get screwed. It seems the no police force is only their when you spill your drink on bourbon st.

1. I have not avoided debate because you are too clever or because I cannot slam-dunk the few softballs you lobbed ... I have avoided debate because you are TOO VULGER ... big difference

Or as the old saying goes, lie down with pigs and you are bound to get muddy

2. If you ever want to "strangle me" as you infer, I am all too willing to grant you that opportunity ... Just say the word, name the time and place, and I will grant you the opportunity to release that feeling of anger on yours truly ... otherwise, don't start writing checks that you can't cash

3. Your apology is not accepted because it is not delivered with even a hint of sincerity ... but there are no hard feelings because you are what you are and I am not at all surprised ... heck, I spent the whole day writing about it ... so I don't hold it against you ... I know you are just the vile product of an off-the-rack culture ... if anything I pity you

4. If you are suggesting I would alert a mod you are even crazier than you sound ... that is something I have never done in all my years of posting {here or elsewhere} ... it goes against my ethics to be a snitch ... if I have something to say to you I will say it right here on the board or I will not say it at all ... but I do not believe in sneaking behind someones back and begging for help

PS. First you wish me and my family death, then you assure everyone is was a joke, now you admit that you meant it {after I had to shame it out of you} ... you sound confused my friend ... are you sure you have finally settled on the intent?

1. You call my points "softballs" but they are solid arguments which you are still avoiding. I dont think they are "clever" at all, just solid and based in common sense. You havent responded to similar comments by others who werent quite as mean as I was so......

You then start in with the "pigs" comment....so the insults are still flying from you after Ive tried to make ammends

2. I told you that I was sorry and wrong for saying that I wanted to strangle you. What can I say or do more than that? I am a non violent person so strnagling anyone just isnt going to happen.

3. You dont want to accept my apology so thats all on you. What/how can I be more convincing? You then continue by hinting of my being some animal and some vile product of my culture, another sensationalist example of your need to judge and dehumanize people who have different political viewpoints than yours. Your "pitying" me is a garden variety internet comment to keep me on one level while attempting to put yourself on a pedstal. very dramatic.....very unoriginal as well

4. the thing about GOB was an inside joke that you are not aware of i guess. The other day me and GOB went at it politically and I once again got heated and crossed the lines and became abusive towards him for which I have apologized to him as well and I also acknowleged my problem and my need to just debate the facts and keep the insults out of it, which I told you in my apology that you deemed insincere.

The "joke" was that since I was abusive to the both of you guys, you would start emailing each other with "that guy is such a dick" type stuff.Not to complain.

The PS response: Your right. I said it in the heat of passion. I DID try to play it off as if I was joking. You called me out and I then admitted to it.

Would I be a better person if I just stuck to my b/s story?

For the record, I think you are a great debator and a wise man so dont think that I think you are moron. I just dont like your politics, thats all. So you can sit here and call me every degenerate insult in the book and question my character and insist that I am cognitively challenged, but I have apologized and expressed remorse and you have slapped me down big time instead of taking the high road and ending this crap which was my intention.

When i apoligized to bavaria, he graciously accepted and treated me well afterwards

That's exactly my point

Read my example of the titanic

Men sacrified their own lives for complete strangers ... women and children ... but that was a different time and a different place ... the cultural paradigm was much different, far more religious based and far less secular based

It's not solely about religion ... it's about reglions relationship to the cultural paradigm ... in other words, religions influence on the cultural mindset

What I am eluding too is far more than religion itslef, but one would need to have a mind that is not reflexively hostile to religion in order to grasp what I am discussing

...Amen brother...I agree with you. It's not all about religion...it's also about values, morals, and common decency. Yes I would care for my family first and try to round them up. But once they were safe or with me, I would stretch out my hand for my fellow man. Because if it were me, I hope someone wouldnt walk by me and watch me drown, or suffer or hear me calling out. All sense of decency is lost in America and a lot of other places in the world. And religion does play a part but it's not the sole reason why. We truly do live in an "it's all about me and mines" kind of era. I just hope that people see that what they did and are doing is not beneficial to themselves and to their fellow man. God Bless us all .

you both have good posts here guns. I believe you're exactly right when you say that the local authorities at all levels have failed the people of the city miserably.

sure the gov't is slow in their response but it seems that as soon as the wind started blowin, everyone was left to their own devices for survival. what a terrible,terrible plan especially since unlike the suddeness of 9/11,hurricane katrina came as no surprise to anyone.

Insurance companies basically sell umbrellas for sunny days, & many folks will get screwed. It seems the no police force is only their when you spill your drink on bourbon st.

...I understand what your saying JW. Because even though 9/11 was sudden..we received aid almost instantly. Law and order never broke down and even though bridges/tunnels no flights and all, the government seemed to react fairly quick. It's crazy how NO can't get the aid and that same kind of help instantly. It's crazy. I think the mayor is just fed up. Because as much as they claimed the declarations were signed and everyone seemed so inforrmed and ready for the hurricane...but we still got this chaos, lots of people stranded all kinds of mess. Even if the people couldnt get out of the city, what about having these buses and food and such in Tenn, Texas and so forth when everyone knew this was gonna be so bad. I dont understand how something that looked so organized turned into a chaotic situation. Like even the blackouts in NYC...I know it pales in comparisson, but there was no looting excepts for those that just do these things. It must be in their nature part of how they were taught. I live in the hood and it wasn't like that there. The guys in the grocery store gave children icys, coldcuts and sandwiches were given out cause the food would spoil, I just dont see how people could forget their neighbor in these times. I dont know if what Im saying is even making sense. But I just cant wrap my head around it. All is lost there. I pray for them all.

jet28, there seems to be lots of contributing factors as to why help was so slow to arrive.

I do not for 1 minute think this is a racial issue in the slightest.

I believe mr west or anyone else trying to play the race card is totally wrong in doing so.

at long last it looks like a good outpouring of help & contributions is finally at hand, which we should all be thankful for.

jet28, there seems to be lots of contributing factors as to why help was so slow to arrive.

I do not for 1 minute think this is a racial issue in the slightest.

I believe mr west or anyone else trying to play the race card is totally wrong in doing so.

at long last it looks like a good outpouring of help & contributions is finally at hand, which we should all be thankful for.

alls i am saying is that if it hit hollywood or westchester, help would have come faster. money talks homie

My cousin is an NYPD ESU cop going down tommorrow with another NYC contingent. So far, he's only being assigned to help supply distribution from the staging area in Baton Rouge, though by training he could do rescue work. He expects most of that will be largely wrapped up before he ever gets there. As per most reports, he would hope to be back in a week to 10 days. Obvioulsy the place is a total mess. Who knows how or when they clean it up if the pumping alone will take months.

No matter what, all these people are Americans and deserve our help and support.Give what you can.

http://salvationarmy.org/

http://catholiccharitiesusa.org/news/katrina.cfm

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

Archived