Work related stress.............it ain't worth it people!!!

Boozer76

Let me tell you, I'm a friggin 28 year old man who can stand to lose about 10 lbs but not terribly out of shape. My company is run by monkeys (not unlike the commercial) and it makes my job that should be enjoyable and relatively easy a friggin nightmare. I'm a regional Sales and Service Manager in the financial industry. I've just gone through my 5th bout of major chest pains the other day which has been going on over the course of 3 months. I went to the doc and he diagnosed them as angina attacks and a particular stomach pain that I've been experiencing came back as a friggin god damned ulcer. I'm f-king 28 years old god dammit! Sorry for the expletives but to be honest this whole thing just pisses me off. :x

Let me tell you, I'm a friggin 28 year old man who can stand to lose about 10 lbs but not terribly out of shape. My company is run by monkeys (not unlike the commercial) and it makes my job that should be enjoyable and relatively easy a friggin nightmare. I'm a regional Sales and Service Manager in the financial industry. I've just gone through my 5th bout of major chest pains the other day which has been going on over the course of 3 months. I went to the doc and he diagnosed them as angina attacks and a particular stomach pain that I've been experiencing came back as a friggin god damned ulcer. I'm ******* 28 years old god dammit! Sorry for the expletives but to be honest this whole thing just pisses me off. :x

Get a Real Estate License. Since I got into the biz, I wake up every day looking forward to working.

Nothing better than having a job you truly enjoy.

One caviat, it takes a couple years to really start to make money, but like I said its great loving my job.

Have a beer. Ok, that is probably not the best advice given your condition.

I can relate. The place I work in which is IT based and views IT as a burden and barely necessary evil. :shock:

The decison makers who bless everything we buy did not even know we had a SAN and were floored when told we did. :roll:

My co-workers who complain about everyone else building little empires is building one for themselves.

It is Office Space everyday.

I think every department these days are viewed as burdens. The accounting department I work in surely gets treated like that.

Boozer I can relate from putting in so much overtime and never getting out of the office. You would be shocked at how common stress related problems are for people our age. And people get pissed at Ricky Williams. go figure.........

The sad thing is I love my job (as my job description says it should be) and have always loved it in the past at other institutions. It's just this friggin place that can't get their sh*t together and it has been putting me under alot of stress. The Board of Directors have responded to a boatload of anonymous employee complaints under the whistle blower's act and has even sent a 3rd party psych to speak to us to put together his report on working conditions and leadersh*t. <-(that was a typo but I find it very fitting so I left it) Hopefully some changes are going to come. :x I don't need this.

And gameface, I have a $2700 mortgage, I can't afford the lack of pay while getting sttled into Real Estate, though I know i'd kick ass at it. I train people to be salesman, you bet your ass i am a great one myself.

You want to talk about stress at work . I work for Monmouth County which means the freeholders are my boss` and sign my check & I work in the building their in ,try getting up after a public freeholders meeting (thurs. afternoon ) with reporters there taking down every word you say as you slam one of the freeholders publicly (AMY HANDLIN) for trying to push a resoulution through thats a slap in the face to every county worker ,then have the article appear in the paper with the headline County Worker Speaks Out( yesterdays ASBURY PARK PRESS ) t the concern faded quickly as I was quikly given ROCK STAR STATUS yesterday as I got 100% positive feedback from everyone even 3 of the other 4 freeholders and got standing ovations as I ENTERED MOST OFFICES ,It ended up great but a lot of stress in that 24 hour period .

I`ve never backed away from a tough fight John ,I actually enjoy the challenge , this will be the 2nd issue she`s tried to push through a resolution that`s just plain wrong ,I cameout on top the last time , And I garuntee I will this time also.......

Way to go, Chris.

Boozer, heartburn from your ulcer can often be mistaken for angina. If you have heart problems the cause is very often heredity. Any family history? I would get all the testing done before I'd accept either diagnosis.

Boozer - working in the money industry has got to suck but their aren't too many industries that don't suck about now. You really don't want to be in a business that manufactures anything domestically either. The offshore pressures are enormous and a stark reality. All the fat triming (most of which was necessary) has people afraid to sneeze for fear of a pink slip. We're evolving to a more global economy and that creates the pressure cooker that a lot of us are in. One thing is for sure - life is too short and that crap WILL effect your physical health. A big house with 2 new cars in the driveway is nice, but you probably dont hear a lot of people on their deathbed saying they wish they could have spent more time at the office. Theres still plenty of ways to turn reasonable cash and not have to put in 80 stressful hours to do it.

Way to go, Chris.

Boozer, heartburn from your ulcer can often be mistaken for angina. If you have heart problems the cause is very often heredity. Any family history? I would get all the testing done before I'd accept either diagnosis.

T-Mac. I am very familiar with heartburn and how it feels. I am sure the chest pains are not due to hearturn. My grandfather had heart issues all his life, and my father started having his heart issues at 33 years old. I'm still much younger, but whatever tests they ran at the ER is hat determined the angina.

As far as the ulcer, that was almost an accidental find that I just happened to bring up. It is actually in my large intestine, and it is very minor at this point. They actually just gave me Cipro (antibiotic) for the ulcer because they feel once the infection is killed, the ulcer will heal. .

You want to talk about stress at work . I work for Monmouth County which means the freeholders are my boss` and sign my check & I work in the building their in ,try getting up after a public freeholders meeting (thurs. afternoon ) with reporters there taking down every word you say as you slam one of the freeholders publicly (AMY HANDLIN) for trying to push a resoulution through thats a slap in the face to every county worker ,then have the article appear in the paper with the headline County Worker Speaks Out( yesterdays ASBURY PARK PRESS ) t the concern faded quickly as I was quikly given ROCK STAR STATUS yesterday as I got 100% positive feedback from everyone even 3 of the other 4 freeholders and got standing ovations as I ENTERED MOST OFFICES ,It ended up great but a lot of stress in that 24 hour period .

JerseyJet

I saw the article in Asbury Park Press- good for you to stick up for your beliefs and not being afraid to go public with it-kudos to you.

Boozer 76

I work in financial services industy- every day is stress filled to be honest-the only advice I can give is try not to take it home with you- go out the door at the end of the day and that is your time- I know this is harder to say than do.

Let me tell you, I'm a friggin 28 year old man who can stand to lose about 10 lbs but not terribly out of shape. My company is run by monkeys (not unlike the commercial) and it makes my job that should be enjoyable and relatively easy a friggin nightmare. I'm a regional Sales and Service Manager in the financial industry. I've just gone through my 5th bout of major chest pains the other day which has been going on over the course of 3 months. I went to the doc and he diagnosed them as angina attacks and a particular stomach pain that I've been experiencing came back as a friggin god damned ulcer. I'm f-king 28 years old god dammit! Sorry for the expletives but to be honest this whole thing just pisses me off. :x

Man i went through much the same thing a couple of years ago. I'm 36 now, BTW. I had an ulcer at the age of 24 as well. My doctor didn't admit me, they just hooked a little recording device (i forget the name of it) to my chest and made me wear it for a couple of days so they could monitor everything.

You guys all have such elaborate attractive jobs that i'm almost afraid to admit that i'm a union roofer. Anyways, roofing is a ball busting industry and to make a long story short, the doctors basically told me to try and pace myself better and not to overexert myself too much. Here's hoping everything turns out OK for you.

Man i went through much the same thing a couple of years ago. I'm 36 now, BTW. I had an ulcer at the age of 24 as well. My doctor didn't admit me, they just hooked a little recording device (i forget the name of it) to my chest and made me wear it for a couple of days so they could monitor everything.

You guys all have such elaborate attractive jobs that i'm almost afraid to admit that i'm a union roofer. Anyways, roofing is a ball busting industry and to make a long story short, the doctors basically told me to try and pace myself better and not to overexert myself too much. Here's hoping everything turns out OK for you.

My father in law has been a roofer for 40 years. A very tough job. Dangerous too.

The device is a Holter Monitor. I had to wear one last fall.

Stiller - dont think for a second that your job putting roofs on houses is any less of a job than what a suit does.

Stiller - dont think for a second that your job putting roofs on houses is any less of a job than what a suit does.

I'm an industrial roofer. I only do houses for side jobs or friends. Most of us flat roofers hate putting shingles on houses. I took a fall a couple of years back off a house and vowed to cut wayyyyy back on the sidework.

Archived