Pedroia's brother accused of child molestation

Matt39

Pedroia's Brother Accused Of Child Molestation

Brett Pedroia Released On $50K Bail In Woodland

POSTED: 6:27 pm PST January 24, 2009

UPDATED: 4:59 pm PST January 25, 2009

Email Story Print Story

WOODLAND, Calif. -- Major League Baseball MVP Dustin Pedroia's brother faces accusations of child molestation in Yolo County.

According to the Woodland Police Department, Brett Pedroia was taken into custody Jan. 9 on a probable cause warrant for two counts of oral copulation and lewd acts with a child under the age of 14, all felonies.

The alleged victim recently told his parent about the incidents from four years ago, a statement from Woodland police said.

Brett Pedroia, 30, was booked and later released on $50,000 bail. He was working in his family's tire store Saturday, but he said he had no comment.

The Pedroia family is well-known and liked in Woodland, where residents expressed shock at the allegations.

"I do find it very, very hard to believe," next-door neighbor Kay Beruny said. "They're wonderful people, and we're very shocked and surprised, and can't believe it."

Dustin Pedroia graduated in 2001 from Woodland High School, earning numerous honors locally during his high school baseball career. As second baseman for Boston Red Sox, he was named the American League's Most Valuable Player in November.

Copyright 2009 by KCRA.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Cant spell Pedrioa without p-e-d-o

Exactly. One of the worst things a human can do. Only sad thing is, if convicted his brothers money will lessen the sentance.

I was going to rip into you for that last comment, but I read your last word and just figured I would be talking over your head.

Anyway, you don't get to choose your family and I hope this isn't a huge distraction for Dusty.

I was going to rip into you for that last comment, but I read your last word and just figured I would be talking over your head.

Anyway, you don't get to choose your family and I hope this isn't a huge distraction for Dusty.

Only you would take this petty **** into a serious thread about something so horrific. Get over yourself and show some common human decency.

Don't overreact until we find out some of the facts. Perhaps he's an A-Number One dirtbag or perhaps there's something else going on, like divorce proceedings and stuff like that.

Although I'm very biased and I know what has to be shown before a warrant gets issued, so my inclination is to believe his brother is a dirtbag.

It's amazing how much touble people's PP's get them into.

Only you would take this pretty **** into a serious thread about something so horrific. Get over yourself and show some common human decency.

What is pretty about child molestation? It is a very sad situation and I didn't say anything insensitive. Obiviously you hope the best in people, but you usually don't get it.

As others have stated, innocent until proven guilty. Saddest thing is it probably wouldn't have barely made headlines if he wasn't Pedy's brother. And it definitely wouldn't have made it here. Sad society we live in today.

What is pretty about child molestation? It is a very sad situation and I didn't say anything insensitive. Obiviously you hope the best in people, but you usually don't get it.

As others have stated, innocent until proven guilty. Saddest thing is it probably wouldn't have barely made headlines if he wasn't Pedy's brother. And it definitely wouldn't have made it here. Sad society we live in today.

I meant petty. I made a typo. Just like you did in your post. It seems juvenile to point it out? no? I'm not getting into one of your stupid personal battles. I hope the kid is okay in this and doesn't end up all ****ed in the head and suicidial. Grow up man. No need to fight in this thread. There are things that are serious. I don't expect the best but a little bit of decency would be nice.

I meant petty. I made a typo. Just like you did in your post. It seems juvenile to point it out? no? I'm not getting into one of your stupid personal battles. I hope the kid is okay in this and doesn't end up all ****ed in the head and suicidial. Grow up man. No need to fight in this thread. There are things that are serious. I don't expect the best but a little bit of decency would be nice.

I agree with most of what you just wrote. I never intended to get into a personal battle with anyone. You're the one who came back at me for what I said, which wasn't anything inflammatory. Some humility on your part would go a long way.

Archived