Any Mets fans here?

adb280z

I said it in the other thread... offer him 2 years, $65 million. It makes him the highest paid player in baseball over the next two years (ARod making $32m per), so Boras and Manny both score a "victory", despite not getting the 3-year pact they're currently holding out for.

At this point, I don't see why not. Get the guy. He's been sitting out there way too long, we're weak in the corners... Who knows which Delgado/Wright/Beltran shows up.

They'll make the money back in Jersey sales pretty quickly.

At this point, I don't see why not. Get the guy. He's been sitting out there way too long, we're weak in the corners... Who knows which Delgado/Wright/Beltran shows up.

Here's the problem right now though. What's Manny's mindset going to be like when he thought originally he would get a windfall in this his last big contract. Boras probably pumped his head with dollar bills when FA started.

There really are only about 5 Mets fans on this board. But be warned, any non Yankee fan posting on Yankee threads are frowned upon here. God forbid if you have anything negative to say about the Yankees.

LOL.....that's how JI is run with a Yankee fan gang mentality. Here "most" Yankee fans are fine.

What season in his career has David Wright not shown up?

Agree we need a bat but David Wright is not the problem.

I'm fairly new to this board, seems kinda full of Yankee fans.

There aren't actually any Mets fans. There are people who go to the ballpark in Queens because they can't get Yanks tix. If the Mets actually do well, they start wearing Mets gear and talk about how they're lifelong fans.

There aren't actually any Mets fans. There are people who go to the ballpark in Queens because they can't get Yanks tix. If the Mets actually do well, they start wearing Mets gear and talk about how they're lifelong fans.

That might work on the 25-and-under crowd, but there are those of us who remember when the Yankees were in the bottom-half of attendance in the AL, pulling in under 25k per game on average.

Were all the Yankees fans busy from 1989 until the strike in '94?

That might work on the 25-and-under crowd, but there are those of us who remember when the Yankees were in the bottom-half of attendance in the AL, pulling in under 25k per game on average.

Were all the Yankees fans busy from 1989 until the strike in '94?

1987 was a pretty good year for me to be born.

:cool0043:

That's what Giants fans say about Jets fans. It definitely doesn't apply to baseball.

Here's the problem right now though. What's Manny's mindset going to be like when he thought originally he would get a windfall in this his last big contract. Boras probably pumped his head with dollar bills when FA started.

As a longtime Met fan, I can't really speak on Manny Being Manny and all that. Typically, I'd say who cares? The guy will show up when it counts, but I know he's a bit of a headcase. At the end of the day, I've got to assume he's still going to get big money, and start hitting the ball.

Who knows, maybe he'll play with a chip on his shoulder?

What season in his career has David Wright not shown up?

Agree we need a bat but David Wright is not the problem.

Not saying Wright was a problem. I forget if it was last year, or the year before, but if I'm not mistaken, it kinda felt at one point like he took the first half the season off.

As a longtime Met fan, I can't really speak on Manny Being Manny and all that. Typically, I'd say who cares? The guy will show up when it counts, but I know he's a bit of a headcase. At the end of the day, I've got to assume he's still going to get big money, and start hitting the ball.

Who knows, maybe he'll play with a chip on his shoulder?

It would be great to see Manny on this team... and even if he becomes an ass hat it will be great to see the drama with it and the Mets implode.

I still have NO CLUE why they just don't go get him. He's a perfect fit for you guys. The Mets goals should be no different then the Yanks, get a WS banner into your new ballpark. I would've liked to have seen him on the Yankees, but I know they wouldn't do it.

cause our owners are big fat smelly vaginas....that's why.

Not saying Wright was a problem. I forget if it was last year, or the year before, but if I'm not mistaken, it kinda felt at one point like he took the first half the season off.

You're right. He had a horrendous first month at least power wise if I recall and went nuts the rest of the way.

You're right. He had a horrendous first month at least power wise if I recall and went nuts the rest of the way.

Wrights power was pretty consistent all season, but his BA sucked the first half of the year ((for him .282 in 1st half).

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=6035

Wrights problem was hitting with runners in scoring position. .243 ba, 4 hrs, but 78 rbi's. So his outs were productive, but did they kill the inning?

Archived