help keep my kid off my laptop

haggis

Other than breaking his hands, how can I keep the little sh!t off? I have a windows password but it doesn't come up during startup so all he does is forcibly shut the computer off and then power it up. How can install a password during startup?

Other than breaking his hands, how can I keep the little sh!t off? I have a windows password but it doesn't come up during startup so all he does is forcibly shut the computer off and then power it up. How can install a password during startup?

Control Panel > User Accounts

Control Panel > User Accounts

This works if the screensaver comes up or the laptop is closed, not shutdown. When you get this screen if you hold the power key down to switch it off and then power it up, windows boots up without a password. I'm pretty sure this is how he is doing it. I change my password regularly.

This works if the screensaver comes up or the laptop is closed, not shutdown. When you get this screen if you hold the power key down to switch it off and then power it up, windows boots up without a password. I'm pretty sure this is how he is doing it. I change my password regularly.

Did you uncheck Use Welcome Screen?

This is what brings up the standard logon screen with PW.

Archived