Windows 7 Beta release 1

Jetman_67

I have decided to test Windows 7. So far after about 12 hours of use, I have found a few bugs, nothing. Very similar to Vista but doesnt use near as much ram. The laptop I am testing it on only has 1 gig, and its running smoothly and Aero even works.

As I find more info on the upcoming Windows OS, I will update this thread.

I am reading there will be several different versions of Windows 7, just like Vista. Say it isn't so.

They just don't learn, do they? They should just have three at most: a basic for use with netbooks, etc, a premium for normal people, and a business version for those guys in the suits. Hopefully they don't have another big time failure like Vista Ultimate...

It's good to see everything runs a lot faster, that's all I really wanted. Everything else is just gravy. Hopefully people will start adopting Windows 7 instead of XP for low-level computers.

They just don't learn, do they? They should just have three at most: a basic for use with netbooks, etc, a premium for normal people, and a business version for those guys in the suits. Hopefully they don't have another big time failure like Vista Ultimate...

It's good to see everything runs a lot faster, that's all I really wanted. Everything else is just gravy. Hopefully people will start adopting Windows 7 instead of XP for low-level computers.

How about just one version, please? It will know enough to have less graphic and memory-rich features if it is installed on a netbook. And for the power users/suits, for a fee you can unlock the added features. Why is this a problem?

I said it before...my next computer is a Mac.

My new laptop has Vista and I've had zero problems. Of course, I've got 4 gb of RAM, so I don't know what would happen with an underpowered machine.

I cringe whenever I read about you guys switching to Mac. I've got ten years of work experience with those things. I will never own one.

Im still running XP, there's no reason for me to switch now, unless I had another desktop to experiment with, Im not risking it.

Really?

What risk?

I switched a laptop with 768mb of ram and an ATI on board to Ultimate with Aero and its fine... I need to toss a 1gb ram in there and bump it to 1.5gb to get rid of the sluggish start up but otherwise its great...

I switched a desktop with 1.5gb and an ATI on board to Ultimate with Aero and its fantastic... typing on it now...

one or two programs didnt work but they were outdated to begin with... much better than XP IMO...

This whole anti Vista thing is media created... its nice and runs fine.

My new laptop has Vista and I've had zero problems. Of course, I've got 4 gb of RAM, so I don't know what would happen with an underpowered machine.

I cringe whenever I read about you guys switching to Mac. I've got ten years of work experience with those things. I will never own one.

Really? you don't like Macs? lol! really?

:evil2:

I am reading there will be several different versions of Windows 7, just like Vista. Say it isn't so.

I also read that Vista Service pack 2 RC will be released Q2 of this year. Maybe the bugs will finally be gone.

Looks like 6 different versions!

• Windows 7 Starter (limited to three apps concurrently)
  • Windows 7 Home Basic (for emerging markets)
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (adds Aero, Touch, Media Center)
  • Windows 7 Professional (Remote Desktop host, Mobility Center, Presentation mode)
  • Windows 7 Enterprise (volume license only, boot from virtual drive, BitLocker)
  • Windows 7 Ultimate (limited availability, includes everything)

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/03/windows-7-skus-announced-yes-your-worst-nightmare-has-come-to/2

I have the beta, however I have yet to install it.

OSX/XP FTW!

Archived