Michael Phelps, caught smoking pot

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, clearly that's the reason. The illegal drug use has nothing to do with it at all.

He broke the law, he should apologize. End of story. It doesn't matter what age he is, how famous he is or how normal it is.

I see your point but he could also blame his fame and fortune for acting recklessly.

Everyone makes mistakes and it doesnt take away from his success either, its not like he was using steroids. Its just pot.

He has to realise that like it or not he's a role model for a whole mass of young people. This might suck but the rules are strickter for him.

it's just pot...most 20 somethings do it. if he was on steroids, then i would lose all respect for him.

Date rape is common in more common among young people too... should we give people a pass there too?

Using age is a REALLY weak excuse...

It's a 4 year ban if he tests positive for a banned substance, be it pot, steroids or heroin, or whatever.

Yeah but he is just a "kid" :rolleyes:

it's just pot...most 20 somethings do it. if he was on steroids, then i would lose all respect for him.

And that's why us old folks think this world is going to hell.

Kids are so ****ing retarded these days. Unlike when I was a kid, we were ****ing geniuses.

The guy has millions of little kids (my son who aspires to be a swimmer like Phelps included) and he pulls this $hit. Who cares if most 20 somethings do it? It's still f#cking illegal and just a pile of $hit excuse that most unaccountable 20 somethings would use.

Pretty much everyone I know who smokes or has smoked pot is a total moron. I love the people who are SO PROUD to be a head, you know, the ones that are like, "Dude I am so high, heeheehee", or the ones who will tell random people at inapropriate times how much "they love weed". Because being a waste with no self control is AWESOME!!

Case in point? A guy on my FD with 25....yeah, 25 YEARS on the job (who has tested + in the past and done the EAP thing) came back from vacation and promptly got tested and was + AGAIN. Lost his job....and was ONE YEAR SHORT of going into the drop. Basically cost him over $150,000 in pension over the long haul. Stupid.

But hey, man, it doesn't hurt anyone, right?

You can take responsibility for your actions without being apologetic. He should have taken the opportunity to make a statement.

I didn't see his exact quote but I thought that is what he did. I heard them say his words were something like, "this won't happen again". Yes he did say he was sorry.

But I took it to mean that he was sorry he did it where someone could take a picture of him. I seriously thought that is what he was apologizing for and vowing that the picture part wouldn't happen again.

Pretty much everyone I know who smokes or has smoked pot is a total moron. I love the people who are SO PROUD to be a head, you know, the ones that are like, "Dude I am so high, heeheehee", or the ones who will tell random people at inapropriate times how much "they love weed". Because being a waste with no self control is AWESOME!!

Case in point? A guy on my FD with 25....yeah, 25 YEARS on the job (who has tested + in the past and done the EAP thing) came back from vacation and promptly got tested and was + AGAIN. Lost his job....and was ONE YEAR SHORT of going into the drop. Basically cost him over $150,000 in pension over the long haul. Stupid.

But hey, man, it doesn't hurt anyone, right?

Of 2 minds on this.

Everyone is young and stupid. Imagine most 23-year olds experiment, booze and do some drugs. Most aren't harmed by it.Guy has spent his whole life training towrds his goals. No one was hurt by his actions, and he wasn't driving a car. He should be allowed to blow off some steam without being treated like a criminal.

But once you grow up, you put aside childish things. You cannot get a decent job without peeing in a cup. And potheads who want to pretend that walking around stoned 24/7 is totally acceptable are pathetic.

Of 2 minds on this.

Everyone is young and stupid. Imagine most 23-year olds experiment, booze and do some drugs. Most aren't harmed by it.Guy has spent his whole life training towrds his goals. No one was hurt by his actions, and he wasn't driving a car. He should be allowed to blow off some steam without being treated like a criminal.

But once you grow up, you put aside childish things. You cannot get a decent job without peeing in a cup. And potheads who want to pretend that walking around stoned 24/7 is totally acceptable are pathetic.

He is grown up... and he has a job that he needs to be clean for...

Archived