Michael Phelps, caught smoking pot

BroadwayJ667

Finally, someone gets to the heart of the issue. Is he a goofy looking f#ck or what?

He's a little gummy-toofed and he has little puppet legs attached to a huge torso.

Apparently, the penguin like proportions were an asset in the swim game.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the greatest swimmer in the world (arguably the best Olympian ever) and the Superbowl MVP both like to toke up in their spare time.

What does that say about pot and its "harmful" effects?

Legalize it and put a high tax on it. Our country could really use the revenue during these economic times.

So the greatest swimmer in the world (arguably the best Olympian ever) and the Superbowl MVP both like to toke up in their spare time.

What does that say about pot and its "harmful" effects?

Legalize it and put a high tax on it. Our country could really use the revenue during these economic times.

But it is a sin and is harmful. :rolleyes: Why can't people just be satisfied with drowning their livers with Jack Daniels?

Pretty much everyone I know who smokes or has smoked pot is a total moron. I love the people who are SO PROUD to be a head, you know, the ones that are like, "Dude I am so high, heeheehee", or the ones who will tell random people at inapropriate times how much "they love weed". Because being a waste with no self control is AWESOME!!

Case in point? A guy on my FD with 25....yeah, 25 YEARS on the job (who has tested + in the past and done the EAP thing) came back from vacation and promptly got tested and was + AGAIN. Lost his job....and was ONE YEAR SHORT of going into the drop. Basically cost him over $150,000 in pension over the long haul. Stupid.

But hey, man, it doesn't hurt anyone, right?

First off that guy is an idiot to keep smoking after he has been caught numerious time... and second off i know plenty of people that smoke pot and make more money than a Firefighter... yea your job is very important but it doesnt make you better than anyone else sorry

First off that guy is an idiot to keep smoking after he has been caught numerious time... and second off i know plenty of people that smoke pot and make more money than a Firefighter... yea your job is very important but it doesnt make you better than anyone else sorry

Not taking illegal substances doesn't make me better than those who take those substances?

Damn.

Not taking illegal substances doesn't make me better than those who take those substances?

Damn.

Please.

We live in a country where gambling is illegal, yet the state governments run the biggest gambling business in the world (lotteries).

to each there own we all make our own choices in life.. if guy is sitting smoking a huge bong on his porch and across the street his neighbors house is on fire and he rushes in and saves his neighbors kids from the burning blaze is he a Hero or is he the POTHEAD across the street??? you make the call

to each there own we all make our own choices in life.. if guy is sitting smoking a huge bong on his porch and across the street his neighbors house is on fire and he rushes in and saves his neighbors kids from the burning blaze is he a Hero or is he the POTHEAD across the street??? you make the call

He's a hero for a moment but when it's all said and done he's still a pothead.

Are the kids white?

But it is a sin and is harmful. :rolleyes: Why can't people just be satisfied with drowning their livers with Jack Daniels?

:rl: if phelps was caught drinking...just like that DUI he got a couple of years back...it's no big deal, because it's legal, and he made a "mistake" by driving.

he could have killed someone. i know people who have been killed by drunk drivers. but THATS OK that he drank. even though he was underage, and he drove and could have killed somebody...kids looked up to him after that.

but now, that he smoked pot, he's a horrible role model.

LOL

Very weak argument...

If a serial rapist kills and rapes 40 women... then saves 41 babies from death... what are they?

Spin it how you want... he not only was breaking the law but putting his career in jeopardy... and in a sense putting our whole countries reputation on the line if he gets suspended because he was our hero in the Olympics...

:rl: if phelps was caught drinking...just like that DUI he got a couple of years back...it's no big deal, because it's legal, and he made a "mistake" by driving.

he could have killed someone. i know people who have been killed by drunk drivers. but THATS OK that he drank. even though he was underage, and he drove and could have killed somebody...kids looked up to him after that.

How about both are wrong and both should get him in trouble with the Olympic committee... he better hope he passes his next drug test... otherwise he just made America look like fools in front of the world...

LOL

Very weak argument...

If a serial rapist kills and rapes 40 women... then saves 41 babies from death... what are they?

Spin it how you want... he not only was breaking the law but putting his career in jeopardy... and in a sense putting our whole countries reputation on the line if he gets suspended because he was our hero in the Olympics...

HAHAH that would never happen that guy would never save the babies... mine was better LOL

Please.

We live in a country where gambling is illegal, yet the state governments run the biggest gambling business in the world (lotteries).

I guess there's a gray line with that, and on second thought, doing what the government finds best isn't always the right thing to do. With that aside, I wouldn't consider a substance that robs you of your mental facilities something good/wise to take.

So I suppose the only good/bad decisions in life are ones that save lives? The average pothead won't be saving his neighbor's kids on weekends, that's for sure.

Who in the hell said it wasn't a big deal? You know why nobody said two words about it? Because he hadn't won 8 freakin' gold medals yet. It WAS a big deal but he wasn't in the public eye so nobody gave a $hit. Now go smoke a bowl because all of the 20 somethings do it.

Pretty much everyone I know who smokes or has smoked pot is a total moron. I love the people who are SO PROUD to be a head, you know, the ones that are like, "Dude I am so high, heeheehee", or the ones who will tell random people at inapropriate times how much "they love weed". Because being a waste with no self control is AWESOME!!

Case in point? A guy on my FD with 25....yeah, 25 YEARS on the job (who has tested + in the past and done the EAP thing) came back from vacation and promptly got tested and was + AGAIN. Lost his job....and was ONE YEAR SHORT of going into the drop. Basically cost him over $150,000 in pension over the long haul. Stupid.

But hey, man, it doesn't hurt anyone, right?

Pretty much...

So I suppose the only good/bad decisions in life are ones that save lives? The average pothead won't be saving his neighbor's kids on weekends, that's for sure.

wait how does the average pothead act? its so funny how the media and the gov't make the smallest things sound soooo bad.. i know people that smoke every single day go to school full time and work full time.. never miss a day of work and have higher than 3.5 GPA but wait they are a pothead so that means you cant trust them and they shouldnt be looked up to... makes alot of sense

Who in the hell said it wasn't a big deal? You know why nobody said two words about it? Because he hadn't won 8 freakin' gold medals yet. It WAS a big deal but he wasn't in the public eye so nobody gave a $hit. Now go smoke a bowl because all of the 20 somethings do it.

so knowing that he was a convicted felon with a DUI and an underage drinking charge, you let your kid look up to him like that? nice parenting.

wait how does the average pothead act? its so funny how the media and the gov't make the smallest things sound soooo bad.. i know people that smoke every single day go to school full time and work full time.. never miss a day of work and have higher than 3.5 GPA but wait they are a pothead so that means you cant trust them and they shouldnt be looked up to... makes alot of sense

I find it hard to swallow all those words you just put into my mouth...

All I'm saying is I don't know many people that save kids as a hobby. Some extreme scenario like that won't happen often. Although many potheads can get around their habits and still live an efficient life, marijuana simply detracts from one's productivity/efficiency (on a utilitarian level, at least). I find it hard to trust someone that routinely takes something to escape reality and control their minds--they can't think properly when high. I find the picture of the average pothead as somewhat lazy pretty accurate, although there are exceptions.

so knowing that he was a convicted felon with a DUI and an underage drinking charge, you let your kid look up to him like that? nice parenting.

1. I didn't even know about this until recently.

2. You don't "let" your kid look up to anyone they kinda have a way of choosing that for themselves.

3. You obviously could have used some "nice parenting" of your own.

Amen, If it was alcoholic, it would've been ok. Most here would've said 'hey he's twenty-something its ok'.

Hypocrisy @ its finest...

Archived