Michael Phelps, caught smoking pot

BroadwayJ667

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is so much propaganda involving weed, it's disappointing how many people believe it all.

Have you seen these above the influence commercials? You'd think weed was about mixing alcohol and coke if you didnt actually know any better. Unreal.

He's got 31 posts in 3 1/2 years. With those figures, nOObie, how the hell has he demostarted anything to you ? :P

Perhaps it is because I am extremely intuitive.... or maybe I just happened to read enough of his 1,000+ posts on another site, of which I used to be an active member, to know.

Chumps with no discipline or will power don't cut it in this job...probably why you quit. Now go smoke a bowl, winner!

nope i had other motives... plus once i got in the station and saw how things really were i decide it wasnt for me i bet my PAT time would crush yours though ;)

its amazing you would think firefighters cared about there jobs but no the Ping goes off and you see everyone walking as slow as they can to the truck or taking there sweet time because they want to finish their cereal.. its pretty pathetic

Pretty much everyone I know who smokes or has smoked pot is a total moron. I love the people who are SO PROUD to be a head, you know, the ones that are like, "Dude I am so high, heeheehee", or the ones who will tell random people at inapropriate times how much "they love weed". Because being a waste with no self control is AWESOME!!

Case in point? A guy on my FD with 25....yeah, 25 YEARS on the job (who has tested + in the past and done the EAP thing) came back from vacation and promptly got tested and was + AGAIN. Lost his job....and was ONE YEAR SHORT of going into the drop. Basically cost him over $150,000 in pension over the long haul. Stupid.

But hey, man, it doesn't hurt anyone, right?

I'm the guy who ISN'T being a tool BRAGGING about how much weed I smoke on the internet....thats you. YOU put it out there, I'm just stating my opinion on what you said in a public forum. SOunds like you may be a bit EMBARRASSED about the behavior you seem so proud of, otherwise, why so touchy about being "judged" on a flaw YOU were the one to brag about?

As for me, for the record, I USED to smoke, but I quit because it was a stupid habit to pick up...but thats the Army for you. DO I drink? Yeah, occasionally. Never when I'm driving, and almost always in moderation, and on the occasions I drink TOO much and get drunk, I don't look at "GETTIN HAMMERED...WOOHOOO" as something to be proud of. Its just stupid and irresponsible. Am I a "fatty"? No. As a matter of fact, I could probably work you into the ground...kind of a residual effect of pulling hose and climbing stairs and doing heavy manual labor while wearing full protective ensamble and SCBA for most of the last decade.

SO no, I'm not flawless. Nobody is....but it takes a special kind of genius to be PROUD of using illegal substances and BRAG about how they can get stoned and STILL manage to hold down a decent job....maybe if you learned self control and willpower, you'd be surprised how far you could go.

As fo me being a "Bible Pusher", that literally made me laugh. I'm a lapsed Catholic and aside from a sneaking suspicion that there may be a "God", religion can kiss my a$$...

LOL!!!

I'm the guy who ISN'T being a tool BRAGGING about how much weed I smoke on the internet....thats you. YOU put it out there, I'm just stating my opinion on what you said in a public forum. SOunds like you may be a bit EMBARRASSED about the behavior you seem so proud of, otherwise, why so touchy about being "judged" on a flaw YOU were the one to brag about?

As for me, for the record, I USED to smoke, but I quit because it was a stupid habit to pick up...but thats the Army for you. DO I drink? Yeah, occasionally. Never when I'm driving, and almost always in moderation, and on the occasions I drink TOO much and get drunk, I don't look at "GETTIN HAMMERED...WOOHOOO" as something to be proud of. Its just stupid and irresponsible. Am I a "fatty"? No. As a matter of fact, I could probably work you into the ground...kind of a residual effect of pulling hose and climbing stairs and doing heavy manual labor while wearing full protective ensamble and SCBA for most of the last decade.

SO no, I'm not flawless. Nobody is....but it takes a special kind of genius to be PROUD of using illegal substances and BRAG about how they can get stoned and STILL manage to hold down a decent job....maybe if you learned self control and willpower, you'd be surprised how far you could go.

As fo me being a "Bible Pusher", that literally made me laugh. I'm a lapsed Catholic and aside from a sneaking suspicion that there may be a "God", religion can kiss my a$$...

Time out. You start by saying that anyone who smokes or has smoked weed is a "total moron" and now you admit that you smoked.

So, are you coming out of the closet as a "total moron?"

For the record, I know a ton of extremely successful people who not only have smoked pot but many who still smoke on a nearly daily basis.

LOL!!!

Time out. You start by saying that anyone who smokes or has smoked weed is a "total moron" and now you admit that you smoked.

So, are you coming out of the closet as a "total moron?"

For the record, I know a ton of extremely successful people who not only have smoked pot but many who still smoke on a nearly daily basis.

Good catch fellas!

LMFAO!

Your just acting like he said ALL people are morons... he made sure to leave a loophole for himself... funny... but not that funny...

No, I read what he wrote, and I found it funny. Didn't need you to clarify his statements.

Your just acting like he said ALL people are morons... he made sure to leave a loophole for himself... funny... but not that funny...

But even if you accept that loophole, his statement translates into "Everyone who smokes or has smoked pot is a total moron except for me", which is still hilarious, no?

Yes, clearly that's the reason. The illegal drug use has nothing to do with it at all.

He broke the law, he should apologize. End of story. It doesn't matter what age he is, how famous he is or how normal it is.

He did something probably hundreds of millions of people do every day. Just because it's a law, doesn't mean it's a good law, and it's a law that I don't mind breaking regularly.

This just shows how harmless marijuana is. He's one of the best athletes in the world and he smokes.

Not taking illegal substances doesn't make me better than those who take those substances?

Damn.

Have you ever taken tylenol or advil? If so, you've taken substances that are more harmful than marijuana.

And so what if they are illegal? Do you just blindly assume the government is always right in what they say is illegal and legal?

Have you ever taken tylenol or advil? If so, you've taken substances that are more harmful than marijuana.

And so what if they are illegal? Do you just blindly assume the government is always right in what they say is illegal and legal?

Nope. I guess that particular statement has more to being caught doing something illegal than just doing something illegal. Although that post makes me look like the government's robot or something...

Have you seen these above the influence commercials? You'd think weed was about mixing alcohol and coke if you didnt actually know any better. Unreal.

If your dog actually talked to you when you smoked weed I bet way more people would be doing it.

Those commercials are terrible, they completely overstate its effects and are a perfect example of how ridiculous anti-marijuana propagandizing is.

Nope. I guess that particular statement has more to being caught doing something illegal than just doing something illegal. Although that post makes me look like the government's robot or something...

It's pretty much the same principle as speeding. As long as you look out for cops when you're doing you're gonna be fine.

And usually stoned people aren't driving. They're sitting around watching Billy Madison and eating junk food. Not that I've ever done that.

I don't have a problem with people who don't smoke, obviously each individual gets to choose what they put into their body. It would be nice if some of the people who didn't smoke took that same attitude.

He said "pretty much everyone" still funny guys but not nearly as funny as your making it out to be...

And of course he is the exception to the rule. :rolleyes:

The bottom line here is, you can smoke everyday of the week and be a very successful and intelligent person.

What do you think is the % of professional athletes that either smoke weed or have smoked weed in their past???

who says there was pot in the bong, i see no smoke in the pick, he should have said it was a joke.

nah he should do what he's doing, apologize, move on and never bring it up again.

here's the messed up thing, everyone says he's a role model, so because he's a role model he automatically has to be infallible and can never make any mistakes. very flawed logic.

i like my role models to make mistakes and learn from em

It's pretty much the same principle as speeding. As long as you look out for cops when you're doing you're gonna be fine.

And usually stoned people aren't driving. They're sitting around watching Billy Madison and eating junk food. Not that I've ever done that.

I don't have a problem with people who don't smoke, obviously each individual gets to choose what they put into their body. It would be nice if some of the people who didn't smoke took that same attitude.

Really?

You know this how?

Cause you and your 5 friends dont?

Don't act like your a pro on the topic... you have absolutely no idea how many of the millions of pot smokers drive while high... but since we are going down that path... I remember meeting up with half my freakin senior class at least a couple times a week at wendys stoned out of our minds and heading to the mall then a party... so that most mean people usually are driving I guess...

Archived