Wait so... why isn't anyone talking about Warner's non-fumble?

nj meadowlands

How about the FItzy TD where the ball hit the ground on the way down...

There was blown calls both ways... it happens... HD TV and great camera angles have made it more obvious than ever... but it has always happened...

If it was Brady the play would have been called an incomplete forward pass and James Harrison should have been ejected from the game for punching Francisco. Other than those 2 gripes it was a great game.

Shut up....go clean off my snow plow.

PFSIKH that was a complement to the Patriots, you should be happy that your team recieves preferential treatment from the league and the refs, it's nothing to be upset over.

What's a snow plow?

I was just kidding. I really could care less what they think of the Patriots.

How old are you?

I would think a snow plow reference would still irk some. Probably just showing my age. :Nuts:

How old are you?

I would think a snow plow reference would still irk some. Probably just showing my age. :Nuts:

He's just not familiar with all of the gay passes you and your fellow Patriots fans make towards each other.

How old are you?

Sorry, still getting the coffee in me. The snow plow thing was a reference to our infamous "snow plow" game. Gotcha, nice jab. To me, it's just another instance where the Pats are allowed to bend the rules and get away with it ;)

The ball went to the side - but it was not out of his control, imo. It went another two feet in that same position.

The ball was hit... and moved... in the NFL... and any football league for that matter that is nto control of the ball... same as if a WR catches it while going out and he is bobbling it...

The ball was hit... and moved... in the NFL... and any football league for that matter that is nto control of the ball... same as if a WR catches it while going out and he is bobbling it...

If a RB has the ball hit and it moves slightly but then remains in the same position as he falls to the ground when it falls out then he has control of it. If a CB gets his hands on the ball and moves it, then the WR holds it in that moved position while making a football move, and then fumbles it as he hits the ground it is a catch and no fumble. Warner made a throw after the initial hit on the ball. It looked like he maintained control. I could care less as I wasn't rooting for either team. But to me that looked like a forward pass and deserved more of a look.

If a RB has the ball hit and it moves slightly but then remains in the same position as he falls to the ground when it falls out then he has control of it. If a CB gets his hands on the ball and moves it, then the WR holds it in that moved position while making a football move, and then fumbles it as he hits the ground it is a catch and no fumble. Warner made a throw after the initial hit on the ball. It looked like he maintained control. I could care less as I wasn't rooting for either team. But to me that looked like a forward pass and deserved more of a look.

they did look

they called down from booth and said it was a fumble

They didn't look for very long and the ref never looked at it.

The ball got knocked around... and he pushed it forward at best... that was not a throw... his hand wasnt even around it any more... he shoved it... lol

The ball got knocked around... and he pushed it forward at best... that was not a throw... his hand wasnt even around it any more... he shoved it... lol

It was hit to the side and then stayed in that position while his arm was moving forward. The ball was clearly still being controlled in his hand.

They didn't look for very long and the ref never looked at it.

I have been talking about the officials, and their erratic game management, all year. They stop so many games for reviews on plays less obvious than that one. Especially in the Super Bowl, they should have taken a look. Face it, the NFL is a joke when it comes to their officials and the replay system.

I have been talking about the officials, and their erratic game management, all year. They stop so many games for reviews on plays less obvious than that one. Especially in the Super Bowl, they should have taken a look. Face it, the NFL is a joke when it comes to their officials and the replay system.

The NFL is becoming the NBA or WWE. It is all overhyped and the refs interfere too much at times, then conveniently don't at all other times. The Pitt/SD regular season game is another example of this. Yeah sure it was a forward pass. A pop warner ref could have called that one better.

The NFL is becoming the NBA or WWE. It is all overhyped and the refs interfere too much at times, then conveniently don't at all other times. The Pitt/SD regular season game is another example of this. Yeah sure it was a forward pass. A pop warner ref could have called that one better.

MadMike in da house!

How about on that last TD the Cards DB had his hand right there to knock the pass down and pulled it back down right as the ball came...

FIXED!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

MadMike in da house!

How about on that last TD the Cards DB had his hand right there to knock the pass down and pulled it back down right as the ball came...

FIXED!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Hey you could say anything you want - but there is no reason why they couldn't review that play....NONE. And Assmop once again has it all wrong. The booth never "called down to review it", they didn't review it and then say it was ok. The booth merely "calls down to review it" The friggin ref reviews it, not the booth. And are you telling me with all of the money on these games it's not possible the refs throw certain calls? You are fooling yourself if you thing otherwise.

Hey you could say anything you want - but there is no reason why they couldn't review that play....NONE. And Assmop once again has it all wrong. The booth never "called down to review it", they didn't review it and then say it was ok. The booth merely "calls down to review it" The friggin ref reviews it, not the booth. And are you telling me with all of the money on these games it's not possible the refs throw certain calls? You are fooling yourself if you thing otherwise.

You act as if somehow that would have changed the game for sure anyways... it would have led to a potential hail mary... thats all...

Maybe Goodell didnt want the refs ****ing it up and told the booth not to challenge it because he thought it was a fumble...

we will never know the reasons... but to get all thrown call... conspiracy theory... is stupid... dont watch it if you feel that way...

You act as if somehow that would have changed the game for sure anyways... it would have led to a potential hail mary... thats all...

Maybe Goodell didnt want the refs ****ing it up and told the booth not to challenge it because he thought it was a fumble...

we will never know the reasons... but to get all thrown call... conspiracy theory... is stupid... dont watch it if you feel that way...

Hey people still watch the WWE when they know it's fixed so don't assume anyone who thinks it's fixed should stop watching it. I must admit it's harder to watch in the last few years then in the past, especially the Super Bowl. And I don't really care what the deal is they should have reviewed the play. And don't tell me there wasn't enough time. If they reviewed the play they would have put atleast two seconds back on the clock. That would have been enough time for a side line play to about the 40 and then on more play. The Cards do have the highest jumping player in the NFL on their team so a hail mary is not a total long shot.

the booth called down to confirm fumble and n0 need to review

the booth called down to confirm fumble and n0 need to review

I did not see or hear that. It is sort of irrelevant anyway as there is no reason on earth not to review that play. There wasn't even enough time for the booth to look at it. Again, I could have cared less who won that game. I was watching just for fun. If anything I was rooting for the Steelers.

I think it was because the game was over anyway & they felt it would be too much of an interruption of the end of a close game, making the final ticks off the clock kind of anti-climactic.

The superbowl is big business & it's all about keeping the faces glued to the set.

I'm just waiting for the first superbowl Tampax commercial to appear during halftime. It'll happen.

The play should have been reviewed.

But I think they got scared because of the Unsportsman Like Penalty. It was a dead ball penalty and if the play was reversed the Cards would have gotten the ball at about the Steeler 30 yardline with 15 seconds left.

That reversal would have essentially tied the game because of the 15 yard penalty.

I was actually just going to start this same exact thread. Definately don't see why they didn't review it. They might not have overturned it but I sure as hell didn't think it looked like a fumble. Warner had control of the ball all the way through the defender's arms IMO.

The play should have been reviewed.

But I think they got scared because of the Unsportsman Like Penalty. It was a dead ball penalty and if the play was reversed the Cards would have gotten the ball at about the Steeler 30 yardline with 15 seconds left.

That reversal would have essentially tied the game because of the 15 yard penalty.

That is a great point and I never even thought of the penalty. I'm not going to argue whether it was a fumble or not because it was close. But it should have been reviewed. The way I saw it Warner maintained control after it was tipped - but again others saw it different. Which is exactly the reason you review it.

Archived