Hey dol-fag fans, your world is about to crumble

Jetfan13

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strength of schedule in February is meaningless.

So are Pennington's intangibles against quality opponents.

Good coaching and an innovative, effective offensive mind at the offensive coordinator spot will get them to 8-8, give or take a game (and when taking, maybe two).

On a side note, how awesome would it be if we could say we had an effective and innovative mind at offensive coordinator? :(

So are Pennington's intangibles against quality opponents.

Good coaching and an innovative, effective offensive mind at the offensive coordinator spot will get them to 8-8, give or take a game (and when taking, maybe two).

On a side note, how awesome would it be if we could say we had an effective and innovative mind at offensive coordinator? :(

You're being waaaayyyy too generous, JMJ.

The Fins are going 5-11.

You're being waaaayyyy too generous, JMJ.

The Fins are going 5-11.

If that happens I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. If they go 3-13 I wouldn't be surprised either. I just really like their leadership with Parcells, Sparano, and a very, very good coaching staff.

Coaching can effect an NFL football team more than any other professional sport. Look at us with Mangidiot last year...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I could have sworn the Dolphins won the division last year. Sure they had a cupcake schedule, but it's not like the Pats or Jets had the toughest road to hoe either. Tougher - yeah, but not THAT much tougher.

All the chest thumping seems a little silly, that's all. I agree that the 'Phins should come down to earh a wee bit next season - but you never know. Just I like I don't know who will be the Pats starting qb on opening day - and either do the Jets.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I could have sworn the Dolphins won the division last year. Sure they had a cupcake schedule, but it's not like the Pats or Jets had the toughest road to hoe either. Tougher - yeah, but not THAT much tougher.

All the chest thumping seems a little silly, that's all. I agree that the 'Phins should come down to earh a wee bit next season - but you never know. Just I like I don't know who will be the Pats starting qb on opening day - and either do the Jets.

Easy schedule.

Gimmick offense

Chad Pennington

Please explain why it is meaningless.

Because performance and results in one season do not often translate to performance and results in the next season.

In this parity driven league, teams move around in the rankings dramatically from one year to the next. Preseason strength of schedule used to mean something in the 80's, but it's no longer much of a factor.

This past season, the Dolphins, Jets, Falcons, Cardinals, etc were all supposed to be cupcake teams based on 2007. The Packers, Saints, Cowboys, Jaguars, were all supposed to be top teams. In today's NFL, things simply aren't static from year to year.

If that happens I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. If they go 3-13 I wouldn't be surprised either. I just really like their leadership with Parcells, Sparano, and a very, very good coaching staff.

Coaching can effect an NFL football team more than any other professional sport. Look at us with Mangidiot last year...

They still have Chad Pennington and a gimmick offense which was exposed by the Ravens. It wasn't so much that the Ravens were a great defense (which they were), as they knew how to defend the wildcat and could catch Chad's ducks.

The Fins won 1 freakin' game all season when their defense allowed more than 20 points.

Unless this coaching staff gets an infuse of talent, this team will implode in 2009. No amount of coaching can change that (plus, Sparano is still a rookie HC, we don't know if he'll regress like Herm and Mangini did).

The Steelers had the toughest schedule in 2008... Just sayin' ;)

Main difference: Steelers are actually a good team.

They can actually win games when their defense gives up 20 or more points, something the Fins could only do once and that was against the Chiefs.

does that mean you are predicting a super bowl victory for your dol-fags?

No, just making an observation

Main difference: Steelers are actually a good team.

They can actually win games when their defense gives up 20 or more points, something the Fins could only do once and that was against the Chiefs.

Sooo, it's a bad thing when the defense holds teams to under 20 points and we win a game? Just think, we get another year of Parcells and Co. hand picking the most talented players for Miami through the draft (3 picks in the top 62) and free agency (30 mill under the cap)

That is the dumbest post I've ever seen you type. and that's saying something.

You're comparing the Dolphins to the Steelers?

:bwahaharoll:

:rl:

Please, my comments last year where I said Josh McCown was better that Pennington was my dumbest post ever ;)

Not comparing Phins and Steelers, just making an observation that, just because a team has a tough schedule, doesn't mean that they're automatically gonna suck.

Sooo, it's a bad thing when the defense holds teams to under 20 points and we win a game? Just think, we get another year of Parcells and Co. hand picking the most talented players for Miami through the draft (3 picks in the top 62) and free agency (30 mill under the cap)

No, but it's a bad thing when that's the ONLY way you can win a game. Good teams are going to score more then 20 points, and you don't have the Offense that can keep up with them.

Plus, haven't you figured out Parcells's mantra by now? Go into new location of pathetic team with plenty of cap space and nowhere to go but up, spend, spend, spend, then bail once the team is in cap hell and has nowhere to go but down.

Not comparing Phins and Steelers, just making an observation that, just because a team has a tough schedule, doesn't mean that they're automatically gonna suck.

Rotllesberger or Chad...hmmmm

youre kidding right?

Hines Ward or Ted Ginn Jr

bwahaha

Steelers dee or Miamis

stop, youre killing me

Plus, haven't you figured out Parcells's mantra by now? Go into new location of pathetic team with plenty of cap space and nowhere to go but up, spend, spend, spend, then bail once the team is in cap hell and has nowhere to go but down.

Parcells hasn't spent any big money here yet, hence why we're 30 mil under the cap, and yes, he will bail on us eventually, but for now, for this year, we have him calling the shots and I wouldn't want anybody else doing that here.

Parcells hasn't spent any big money here yet, hence why we're 30 mil under the cap, and yes, he will bail on us eventually, but for now, for this year, we have him calling the shots and I wouldn't want anybody else doing that here.

Ahhhhh...it feels great to have a competent FO. The Miami Dolphins will continue to improve and mold a talented roster under the guidance of Mr.Parcells and Jeff Ireland...our team is just going to keep getting better and better...meanwhile the Circus going on in the Jets FO is probly scrambling around trying clear some cap just to be able to sign their draft picks...i say lifes great right now.

Please explain why it is meaningless.

because teams that suck can easily become good, and vise versa. We haven't hit free agency or the draft yet. Looking at strength of schedule in the offseason doesn't mean a whole lot. Last off season you would have thought ATL would be a cake walk and San Diego would be very tough, but the opposite was true. Look how many great teams from 2007 didn't make the playoffs in 2008.

Ahhhhh...it feels great to have a competent FO. The Miami Dolphins will continue to improve and mold a talented roster under the guidance of Mr.Parcells and Jeff Ireland...our team is just going to keep getting better and better...meanwhile the Circus going on in the Jets FO is probly scrambling around trying clear some cap just to be able to sign their draft picks...i say lifes great right now.

right now being the operative word

:rl:

Archived