Christian Bale looses it on set of T4 and goes crazy

crashingjet

That wasn't Christian Bale, that was Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. wow.

By the way, for what it's worth, what you heard there was a FRACTION of what Max's JN Staff meetings sound like.

No it was Bale...

Know what? I don't think it was that bad.

If you listen to the tirade, this was the second straight time that the guy had apparently messed up the scene. It's a feature film, tens of millions of dollars are involved, and crew members are extremely well-paid for their work because they are supposed to be totally professional.

Imagine a running back scoring the winning touchdown late in the game twice, only to have the play called back both times because the same WR jumped offside. Considering that WR should never be offside anyway, because they can easily see when the ball is snapped, just how nice do you think the RB is going be to that WR after the team loses the game?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NSFW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NSFW

LOl, this is on my ipod!

To defend Bale, this audio is not recent. This is from last July 2008.

Bale and Heath Ledger had become close friends. Bale was hit hard by Ledger's death and reportedly developed serious anger issues because of it. Supposedly he's gone to therapy because of it.

Remember, this was about the same time he had the blow up with his money grubbing estranged mother and sister.

From the responses here, are we to understand that somebody going off on somebody else is never permissible? Because if that is the case, I must disagree.

We don't really know the situation. I've never been on a movie set so I really don't know how serious the crew member's transgression is, but I am open minded enough to at least consider the prospect that there might be some things crew members never do, ever. And listening to the clip, Bale made it clear that it was the second straight time the guy did it.

I'm not passing judgment on this scene until I know more about what the guy did and how bad it actually was.

From the responses here, are we to understand that somebody going off on somebody else is never permissible? Because if that is the case, I must disagree.

We don't really know the situation. I've never been on a movie set so I really don't know how serious the crew member's transgression is, but I am open minded enough to at least consider the prospect that there might be some things crew members never do, ever. And listening to the clip, Bale made it clear that it was the second straight time the guy did it.

I'm not passing judgment on this scene until I know more about what the guy did and how bad it actually was.

Not to that degree. With that kind of pompous arrogance. If the guy is that bad, fire him. You don't berate another human being like that in front of other people in any line of work. A 4 minute obsenity rant??? I would have decked the British fag after the first 10 seconds.

If you listen to the tirade, this was the second straight time that the guy had apparently messed up the scene. It's a feature film, tens of millions of dollars are involved, and crew members are extremely well-paid for their work because they are supposed to be totally professional.

Imagine a running back scoring the winning touchdown late in the game twice, only to have the play called back both times because the same WR jumped offside. Considering that WR should never be offside anyway, because they can easily see when the ball is snapped, just how nice do you think the RB is going be to that WR after the team loses the game?

quite different. you can't re-do a football play. you can re-shoot a scene as many times as you like till you get it perfect. in football, or any sport, you don't get re-do's.

:yawn:

Who cares?

People will criticize him all they want, yet its not going to stop anyone from going to see his movies. So who cares?

Some people are acting like they're shocked that someone in Hollywood is actually might be an "a**hole". Tell me something I don't know.

If he is THIS into his character and the role then I'm looking forward to this movie more now. If he's this much of a perfectionist, then the movie is going to be that much better IMO.

His acting sucks. If he is a perfectionist, he must really get mad at himself a lot.

dude, they were rehearsing and the guy who was being yelled at is the cinematographer. his job is to check the lights from all over the place.

either way, bale is a douche.

Archived