Manny Rameriez is going to be a Yankee: The rest of the league will look ridiculous.

ZachEY

I am waiting for the day that the other foot drops.

Sooner or later the all-powerful, all-spending, all-hated Yankees are going to sign Manny Rameriez.

Every other fan base is going to be livid. They're going to cry foul, and complain about how much money the Yanks have spent and how unfair it is. There will be talk of buying championships and how this team 'better win'. The World Series will be assumed and the rings will be fit before the first pitch is thrown.

And you know what? The Yankees should do this. Sooner or later, that team, which has the money to get a guy who is still arguably the best hitter in baseball is not going to let him sit out there forever. Sooner or later, they're going to just say to the league, 'ok, we gave you your chance, you didn't take it, so we're going to improve our squad'. And that's just what Manny will do.

The Mets, the Dodgers, the Angels, and whoever else will have no one to blame but themselves for this happening. And while the fans cry the same tears they've been crying for years about the 'Evil Empire', the reality is, they should have made it happen themselves. And they had the chance.

As a Met fan, I'll focus on them. Pitching was the greater problem, and we made a big splash and improved the bullpen. Great! Our line-up is solid, but we're gambling that Carlos Delgado will be the Carlos Delgado of seasons end, and not Carlos Delgado of 80% of his Mets career.

Manny would be an immediate upgrade for this team and the money is not an issue. They're opening a new stadium and Manny is not only a draw, but a revenue generator. Arguments have been made that baseball players make too much money, and in a societal value sense, that is true, but in a capitalist world, you're paid on what you earn, and Manny will earn.

Manny will earn, and he will help you win. He will help someone win.

So, this is my notice to the Mets and the rest of the league, act quickly, because if you don't, sooner or later, he'll wearing pinstripes and you'll have no one to blame; not Manny, not Boras, not the Yankees, no one but yourselves.

It's not going to happen.

Quote from Brian Cashman in the NY Times

They say that now.

Sooner or later, spring training will draw nearer and nearer, and I just see them saying, 'we didn't plan on it, but how long could we let a player of this caliber be available.'

They say that now.

Sooner or later, spring training will draw nearer and nearer, and I just see them saying, 'we didn't plan on it, but how long could we let a player of this caliber be available.'

Wanna bet?

Manny just said no to $25 million dollars for 1 season. Yankees are not going to come close to that, let alone top that. Even the Yankees have a payroll limit.

I believe Cashman also said there was no interest whatesoever in Texiera. C'mon - these people lie as much as politicians do.

I'm pretty sure he didn't say that about Texiera, besides guys like Jon Heyman all still said the Yankees had an outside chance as Texiera, you aren't hearing that about Manny at all. Yankees aren't interested.

I am waiting for the day that the other foot drops.

Sooner or later the all-powerful, all-spending, all-hated Yankees are going to sign Manny Rameriez.

Every other fan base is going to be livid. They're going to cry foul, and complain about how much money the Yanks have spent and how unfair it is. There will be talk of buying championships and how this team 'better win'. The World Series will be assumed and the rings will be fit before the first pitch is thrown.

And you know what? The Yankees should do this. Sooner or later, that team, which has the money to get a guy who is still arguably the best hitter in baseball is not going to let him sit out there forever. Sooner or later, they're going to just say to the league, 'ok, we gave you your chance, you didn't take it, so we're going to improve our squad'. And that's just what Manny will do.

The Mets, the Dodgers, the Angels, and whoever else will have no one to blame but themselves for this happening. And while the fans cry the same tears they've been crying for years about the 'Evil Empire', the reality is, they should have made it happen themselves. And they had the chance.

As a Met fan, I'll focus on them. Pitching was the greater problem, and we made a big splash and improved the bullpen. Great! Our line-up is solid, but we're gambling that Carlos Delgado will be the Carlos Delgado of seasons end, and not Carlos Delgado of 80% of his Mets career.

Manny would be an immediate upgrade for this team and the money is not an issue. They're opening a new stadium and Manny is not only a draw, but a revenue generator. Arguments have been made that baseball players make too much money, and in a societal value sense, that is true, but in a capitalist world, you're paid on what you earn, and Manny will earn.

Manny will earn, and he will help you win. He will help someone win.

So, this is my notice to the Mets and the rest of the league, act quickly, because if you don't, sooner or later, he'll wearing pinstripes and you'll have no one to blame; not Manny, not Boras, not the Yankees, no one but yourselves.

Would love Manny but he comes with baggage otherwise he'd be a Yankee already.

I'd still take him but understand not signing him at hs price tag and age.

BTW , Carlos Delgado has hit 38 HR's and drove in at least 114 runs in 2 of his 3 seasons as a Met. The guy is border line HOF.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/d/delgaca01.shtml

I'm pretty sure he didn't say that about Texiera, besides guys like Jon Heyman all still said the Yankees had an outside chance as Texiera, you aren't hearing that about Manny at all. Yankees aren't interested.

Neither are their fans.

Manny isn't coming here and that makes me very happy.

Neither are their fans.

Manny isn't coming here and that makes me very happy.

As you know, I had interest in Manny before we signed Teixeira, because I felt we needed a bat in front or behind A-Rod, once we signed Teixeira, I was no longer interested in Manny.

EY, I know you can never say never. But i'm pretty sure you can say it has 0.000001 percent chance of happening. Would he upgrade our lineup? Of course. Is he worth the 3 or 4 year deal that he's seeking? Hell no. He's not getting that from any team, including the Yankees. He's delusional to think he'll approach a better offer than the one the Dodgers gave him.

Teixeira was different because though that was unlikely, he was a much better investment than Manny. Manny is asking for the type of money Tex got for a 3 or 4 year span. That's ridiculous. He's a DH with little defensive value. If Manny could play center field than maybe it would be an option, but clearly he can't even play a corner outfield spot with consistentcy.

If the Mets aren't interested in Manny, or at least keeping their eye on things, well, then they are fools.

The Yankees should do what they did with Tex, hey, Boras, here is what we are willing to do. Take it or leave it.

If the deal makes sense for the Yankees and Boras accepts it, it will be a stroke of genius.

The idea that Matsui, Damon, Nady and Swisher are in the way is ludicrous.

You do not let those type of players stand in the way of getting a Manny type of player.

You can trade Matsui and Nady or Swisher and then everything opens up.

Then you have

Damon

Jeter

Tex

A-Rod

Manny

as 1-5. That would be devastating....the Yankees would walk through most teams.

It makes too much sense for the Yankees not to have their eyebrows raised a little.

I know Cashman is saying right now they aren't spending anymore money.....but for the right deal....they would be foolish not to.

As you know, I had interest in Manny before we signed Teixeira, because I felt we needed a bat in front or behind A-Rod, once we signed Teixeira, I was no longer interested in Manny.

As you know, I never had interest in Manny. I would have rather taken a scalding hot poker in the pooper.

They cant sign Manny, they reached their limit on type A, B or whatever free agents.

Exactly. Teams can't sign more than 3 type A free agenst in one off-season and the three big names the Yanks have already signed all fall in to that category. If the Yankees had any interest in signing Manny they would have to seek special permission from MLB and MLB has said that the Yankees have not contacted them to question the possibility of getting the permission needed.

They cant sign Manny, they reached their limit on type A, B or whatever free agents.

Again, this report was completely false. The Yankees can still sign whatever and whoever they want. The only thing stopping the Yankees from signing Manny is (1) payroll and (2) the fact that he is a complete disgrace to the game.

This idea that the Yankees can't sign Manny because of his behavoir and his penchant for playing when he wants is ridiculous.

First off, in his career, I have only seen him act like that once, and that was last year. I don't remember reading about Manny doing this in Cleveland...

Secondly: The Yankees have a history of having players on the team who have acted just as bad or worse than Manny. They aren't "too classy" for him.

Kenny Lofton, Gary Sheffield, Ricky Henderson, are right off the top of my head as guys who either didn't play or faked injuries in order to facilitate a trade and/or contract renewal..

hell, they even did this to the Yankees....at least in Sheff and Ricky's case.

Yankee fans need to get off their high horse and realize that if Manny were on this Yankee team he would shatter RBI records...and hit us into the world series...

which is all I care about..

if you care more for integrity than winning, you wouldn't be a Yankee fan...

you would be rooting for the Pirates

This idea that the Yankees can't sign Manny because of his behavoir and his penchant for playing when he wants is ridiculous.

First off, in his career, I have only seen him act like that once, and that was last year. I don't remember reading about Manny doing this in Cleveland...

Secondly: The Yankees have a history of having players on the team who have acted just as bad or worse than Manny. They aren't "too classy" for him.

Kenny Lofton, Gary Sheffield, Ricky Henderson, are right off the top of my head as guys who either didn't play or faked injuries in order to facilitate a trade and/or contract renewal..

hell, they even did this to the Yankees....at least in Sheff and Ricky's case.

Yankee fans need to get off their high horse and realize that if Manny were on this Yankee team he would shatter RBI records...and hit us into the world series...

which is all I care about..

if you care more for integrity than winning, you wouldn't be a Yankee fan...

you would be rooting for the Pirates

Well said!! Bring Manny here, make it happen!!

Hell I forgot about one of the worst of all..Roger freakin' Clemens...who did the same thing to Boston, went to Toronto and pitched like a superstar..then forced his way onto the Yankees..

hell they were a hair away from getting Albert Belle...

Manny is in no way the worst of the worst in doing these things, just the latest....

That was in game, and yes maybe a bit unnecessary . The Manny choking out an employee of the club is on a whole different level.

of course it is, but the Yankees have never ben choir boys....hell they had their share of wife-beaters...

seems to me that is worse

Archived