Sign in to follow this  
TeddEY

Manny Rameriez is going to be a Yankee: The rest of the league will look ridiculous.

I am waiting for the day that the other foot drops.

Sooner or later the all-powerful, all-spending, all-hated Yankees are going to sign Manny Rameriez.

Every other fan base is going to be livid. They're going to cry foul, and complain about how much money the Yanks have spent and how unfair it is. There will be talk of buying championships and how this team 'better win'. The World Series will be assumed and the rings will be fit before the first pitch is thrown.

And you know what? The Yankees should do this. Sooner or later, that team, which has the money to get a guy who is still arguably the best hitter in baseball is not going to let him sit out there forever. Sooner or later, they're going to just say to the league, 'ok, we gave you your chance, you didn't take it, so we're going to improve our squad'. And that's just what Manny will do.

The Mets, the Dodgers, the Angels, and whoever else will have no one to blame but themselves for this happening. And while the fans cry the same tears they've been crying for years about the 'Evil Empire', the reality is, they should have made it happen themselves. And they had the chance.

As a Met fan, I'll focus on them. Pitching was the greater problem, and we made a big splash and improved the bullpen. Great! Our line-up is solid, but we're gambling that Carlos Delgado will be the Carlos Delgado of seasons end, and not Carlos Delgado of 80% of his Mets career.

Manny would be an immediate upgrade for this team and the money is not an issue. They're opening a new stadium and Manny is not only a draw, but a revenue generator. Arguments have been made that baseball players make too much money, and in a societal value sense, that is true, but in a capitalist world, you're paid on what you earn, and Manny will earn.

Manny will earn, and he will help you win. He will help someone win.

So, this is my notice to the Mets and the rest of the league, act quickly, because if you don't, sooner or later, he'll wearing pinstripes and you'll have no one to blame; not Manny, not Boras, not the Yankees, no one but yourselves.

Would love Manny but he comes with baggage otherwise he'd be a Yankee already.

I'd still take him but understand not signing him at hs price tag and age.

BTW , Carlos Delgado has hit 38 HR's and drove in at least 114 runs in 2 of his 3 seasons as a Met. The guy is border line HOF.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/d/delgaca01.shtml

Say what you want about A-Rod, the guy comes to camp in shape, he busts his ass to win, maybe too hard, and comes to play everyday.

:bag:

A-Rod sucks at life, he really does.

I wouldn't take it too hard. Remember when the BALCO story first broke many players like Schilling said 1/2 the league was using. We just don't know all the names which is why I was always amused at how people would kill Bonds when they had to realize some of their players would eventually get named.

I have to admit , streroid and HGH namings has been particulary rough on the Yankee fan due to the volume and high profile players involved. Let's hope Tex wasn't involved in that Ranger clubhouse.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company