Sign in to follow this  
TeddEY

Manny Rameriez is going to be a Yankee: The rest of the league will look ridiculous.

It's not going to happen.

Quote from Brian Cashman in the NY Times

"People expect us to get in on Manny, but it

They say that now.

Sooner or later, spring training will draw nearer and nearer, and I just see them saying, 'we didn't plan on it, but how long could we let a player of this caliber be available.'

Wanna bet?

Manny just said no to $25 million dollars for 1 season. Yankees are not going to come close to that, let alone top that. Even the Yankees have a payroll limit.

Edited by Tyler Durden

I believe Cashman also said there was no interest whatesoever in Texiera. C'mon - these people lie as much as politicians do.

I'm pretty sure he didn't say that about Texiera, besides guys like Jon Heyman all still said the Yankees had an outside chance as Texiera, you aren't hearing that about Manny at all. Yankees aren't interested.

Neither are their fans.

Manny isn't coming here and that makes me very happy.

As you know, I had interest in Manny before we signed Teixeira, because I felt we needed a bat in front or behind A-Rod, once we signed Teixeira, I was no longer interested in Manny.

Those are my standards. I pay a lot of money when I go to a baseball game. That money largely goes to the overinflated salaries of these players. So in return, I expect a big effort out them. Manny doesn't do that. I could care less that Mantle scored with women. He gave his all on the field. So did Dimaggio. And like I said, just because there may have been bad guys on this team in the past, doesn't mean I'm opening my arms to more. As the saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right.

Sure, jerks exist in baseball. But why would I ask for one to be on the team I root for? I can tell my kids what an a-hole Manny is when he's playing on a different team. All I ask from them is to not put me in a position where I have to root for a guy I have little or no respect for. I have my plate full with ARod already.

Say what you want about A-Rod, the guy comes to camp in shape, he busts his ass to win, maybe too hard, and comes to play everyday.

I wouldn't take it too hard. Remember when the BALCO story first broke many players like Schilling said 1/2 the league was using. We just don't know all the names which is why I was always amused at how people would kill Bonds when they had to realize some of their players would eventually get named.

I have to admit , streroid and HGH namings has been particulary rough on the Yankee fan due to the volume and high profile players involved. Let's hope Tex wasn't involved in that Ranger clubhouse.

Both New York teams have a large number of players named, because both sources have come from McNamee and Radomski. Unfortunately the Yankees have some high profile players.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company