I need a new TV

Klecko73isGod

My old, old school 50" rear projection TV has died.

I need a new TV, definitely upgrading to HD. I am looking for the biggest and best I can get with a budget of about $1000.

Any suggestions?

PC Richard near me has a 50" 1080 Plasma on sale for 1088, Panasonic.

Actually they dont... they jacked up the prices and then barely discounted everything... lol

They deserve to be out of business... bastards...

This is truth. I bought this laptop the day before they announced they were going out of business. Went back a week later to see if there were any bargains. The same laptop cost $125 MORE.

With Circuit City going out of business, all of the big electronic outlets have been pushing big sales. I was actually considering getting a new TV just recently a found a lot of pretty good deals. Although you probably are about a week too late, as Super Bowl week is when a lot of these places usually roll out the really big deals.

That said, you can still probably find some pretty reasonable prices at a place like Best Buy for HD TVs. If you're looking to keep the price down, the best size and quality for your money is likely going to be a DLP set. They're a little bigger than the plasmas and LCDs, but they still have a great picture and are quite a bit cheaper. Definitely something to consider if you're on a budget, especially if you don't care about being able to mount your TV on the wall.

I would encourage you to go with an LCD HDTV--1080p, of course--made by either Samsung or Sharp. Over the summer, I bought a 42" Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV on sale at BJ's for about a grand. I love the set. If you don't have BJ's near you, check out Costco or Sears. Both often have great specials.

Circuit City is closing down...I bet they have good deals

we went two weeks ago JiF and they were at a 10% discount, which was still more expensive than Best Buy's price...the next week they dropped to 15% so it definitely IS worth watching...I have my eye on a 52"

Archived