Uart...Its that time... THE ****OFFICIAL**** SU/Nova trashtalk thread.

gangreenman

Scottie Reynolds dropped 30+ tonight. Dante Cunningham is a machine. Fisher is finally getting his crap together as a PG. REGGIE MOFO REDDING has decided he can play offense. This is a Villanova team that is running on every damn cylinder.

Get ready dudes. We're gonna bring it.

Scottie Reynolds dropped 30+ tonight. Dante Cunningham is a machine. Fisher is finally getting his crap together as a PG. REGGIE MOFO REDDING has decided he can play offense. This is a Villanova team that is running on every damn cylinder.

Get ready dudes. We're gonna bring it.

Devendorf and Flynn both finished with 22 last night. Paul Harris had a double double. Arinze Onuaku being limited due to tendinitis does hurt us, but when playing against smaller teams such as WVU and 'Nova, its not as bad as it could be. If we go zone, Cunningham will get NOTHING inside, and if we go man Flynn can shut down Reynolds and Harris against Cunningham is just a laugher.

Im saying Syracuse by double digits.

Let's talk **** now. How bout that 'cuse d?

Sad thing is its not as bad as the 'Cuse O. Also playing with two refs was a disadvantage to us...As they called every foul they might have saw just to give themselves a rest IMO. True, they called a lot of fouls on both teams. But of the two, Syracuse thrives in a fast-pace, transition game, where the refs let 'em play and only make a call if there is obvious advantage gained. With all the fouls being called on both teams, its hard to get into that type of up-tempo style. Either way, Syracuse played a terrible game today and in no means did they deserve the W. If they can pull one out somehow @UConn wednesday that would be amazing...But my expectations aren't too high for that one. Right now, I'd be content if we just served home and beat SJU and Cincy on the road. That would give us an 11-7 BE record. Take a 1st round bye in the BET, get a win or two there, and get out. Should equate to about a 5-8 seed, depending. Could do worse, thats for sure.

Right now, I'd be content if we just served home and beat SJU and Cincy on the road. That would give us an 11-7 BE record. Take a 1st round bye in the BET, get a win or two there, and get out. Should equate to about a 5-8 seed, depending. Could do worse, thats for sure.

Yeah, I'd take that too. But 'Cuse is better than Nova at tournaments.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah man. Its tough to play in the Carrier Dome, but WVU was waaay more of a trap. We've got a long break now, and a quick tune-up vs. Rutgers on Thurs. We'll be in good shape when we meet again.

I hope the team thinks the same way you do. In fact, I hope they absolutely obliterate Rutgers so they come to the Dome ****y and arrogant... And then get their brains beat in by a well rested (no games this week), and now healthy Cuse team.

Villanova 89, Syracuse 86...

Had your best 3pt shooter on the bench when you desperately needed a 3. We almost had an OT game there, guys. The dome is tough.

Villanova goes to 10-4 in the Big East with one major trap-game left in South Bend. 'Cuse will have to wait a few more days to get to 20 wins.

Good game, guys.

Nova has more wins at the Dome than any other away team (since 05/06), and owns the largest margin of victory by a visitor in that time period.

So, don't feel too bad about it. Jay Wright teams just happen to feed off the crowd's hatin' up there.

BTW, Ya'll should think about getting one of those wave-cam dealies. Its friggin' sweet in the Pavillion games.

it was a good game. Ya'll should bounce back against St. Johns/Cincy/Rutgers.

You've got a tough one at Marquette to finish the season though. I'll be rooting for you guys in that one. 'Nova may need you to upset Marquette to get us one of those top-4 seeds for the BE tournament.

Nova has a trip to Chi-town to play DePaul this week, which I'm not horribly worried about (though, it's not like DePaul has never played spoiler before). Then at the weekend I'll be flying to Philadelphia for our game against Georgetown (who, when I bought the tickets back in November or so, I thought would be ranked), which is a slight trap, though I don't think it will be as tough as today's game.

Then we finish up with what should be a tough trip to South Bend and then at home (in an alumni-filled Pavillion, due to spring break) against Providence.

Both teams can win out, but I think 'Cuse has the tougher schedule with Marquette in there.

You've got a tough one at Marquette to finish the season though. I'll be rooting for you guys in that one. 'Nova may need you to upset Marquette to get us one of those top-4 seeds for the BE tournament.

Nova has a trip to Chi-town to play DePaul this week, which I'm not horribly worried about (though, it's not like DePaul has never played spoiler before). Then at the weekend I'll be flying to Philadelphia for our game against Georgetown (who, when I bought the tickets back in November or so, I thought would be ranked), which is a slight trap, though I don't think it will be as tough as today's game.

Then we finish up with what should be a tough trip to South Bend and then at home (in an alumni-filled Pavillion, due to spring break) against Providence.

Both teams can win out, but I think 'Cuse has the tougher schedule with Marquette in there.

I actually like our chances against Marquette. We have three very winnable games coming up which should help us get back in a groove and get our confidence back up. I think Marquette is undersized and Syracuse is going to make them rely heavily on their 3 pt shooting with the zone. If they have a bad shooting day, 'Cuse will likely win easy.

Uart, I owe you a sincere apology. Nova is not a fraud, a very good team in fact capable of making a deep run in the Tourney.

Back on the bubble Syracuse :rolleyes: What kind of season would it be if the orange weren't on the bubble. They probably will make it, though.

I think Syracuse is going to be in. You'll probably go on to win the next three, which would put your record at 22 wins, toss in a win or two in the BE tournament, and ya'll should have a decent resume for the committee.

I'm going to predict the win for Marquette, but I think if ya'll reign it in, play some good D and use size to your advantage, you've got a reasonable shot at the upset (and I'd love to see it).

I think Syracuse is going to be in. You'll probably go on to win the next three, which would put your record at 22 wins, toss in a win or two in the BE tournament, and ya'll should have a decent resume for the committee.

I'm going to predict the win for Marquette, but I think if ya'll reign it in, play some good D and use size to your advantage, you've got a reasonable shot at the upset (and I'd love to see it).

I can definitely see us beating Marquette, I just wouldn't bet on it. I gotta stop using my vcash with Syracuse games lol.

Archived