Ray Lewis on the NFLN on the Jets

InstantClassic

for everyone who is worried about his age. Linebackers can last longer than quarterbacks. think about it. favre has been taking hits and throwing lasers for 18 years. yes lewis has a physical job but how many times does he get tackled, or drilled to the ground? when you do the hitting you can last long. its not like hes so old that he doesent know to hit hard or be good in coverage. being old for him can result in a little less speed but he can still hit, is still a leader and is still confident. hell he said the jets would be a contender with him. believe me his age is not an issue. when hes 38 we worry.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for everyone who is worried about his age. Linebackers can last longer than quarterbacks. think about it. favre has been taking hits and throwing lasers for 18 years. yes lewis has a physical job but how many times does he get tackled, or drilled to the ground? when you do the hitting you can last long. its not like hes so old that he doesent know to hit hard or be good in coverage. being old for him can result in a little less speed but he can still hit, is still a leader and is still confident. hell he said the jets would be a contender with him. believe me his age is not an issue. when hes 38 we worry.

How many 39 yr old linebackers are there?

This argument is ridiculous because the person giving the hit takes almost as much punishment as the person taking it.

and hes only 33 years old. not 35 as someone else said. i got that from some site.

and look at the defense if we got him.

kerry rhodes, darelle revis kris jenkins, shaun ellis, ray lewis, calvin pace, vernon gholston, david harris

sounds pretty good and its rather young which is a positive

How many 39 yr old linebackers are there?

This argument is ridiculous because the person giving the hit takes almost as much punishment as the person taking it.

not neccesarily. do you think he gets banged up as much as guys who arent as strong as him or in the shape hes in? in that interview he looks like hes 27 but hes 33. he can play at a high level until age 36 and still do decent after that.

and hes only 33 years old. not 35 as someone else said. i got that from some site.

kerry rhodes, darelle revis kris jenkins, shaun ellis, ray lewis, calvin pace, vernon gholston, david harris

He's going to require a long contract, hence why I said 39.

That was me, I didn't look up his age, but went off of what I thought....still he turns 34 in may and LBs take alot more punishment than QBs......plus anyone else notice he's now playing with a gut?

I hear you, but I dunno, as much as I like Rex's defensive philosophy it's hard to ignore that the Ravens defense has actually been better at times under Marvin Lewis and also very good under Mike Nolan. The one constant on that defense has been Lewis. He seems to me to be the emotional leader of that defense and I get the sense that he'd shank someone in the shower if they didn't give 110%. imo our defense is filled with a bunch of underacheiving soft little girls who could benefit greatly from the fear of Ray..

The only other constant with that team is the GM, but we ain't getting him so I have no problem rolling the dice on Lewis in hopes of building a strong defense.

Ray Lewis or no Ray Lewis... Anyone who's expecting us to have the Raven's defense just because of Ryan next year is going to be extremely disappointed.

I'd love to have him, but I'm not betting on it. And I'm certainly not expecting all of our players to perform to his level either, this defense still has a way to go.

i saw a report on espn that was kind of about this. it said "ray lewis has said he will not give the ravens a hometown discount, and possible destinations would be the cowboys or the jets" they also said the reason ray wont take a paycut and his words were "i dont play less if you pay less"

i saw a report on espn that was kind of about this. it said "ray lewis has said he will not give the ravens a hometown discount, and possible destinations would be the cowboys or the jets" they also said the reason ray wont take a paycut and his words were "i dont play less if you pay less"

Saw the same thing.

Why in the world would anyone want to go to the Cowboys for anything other than $$$.

Ray seems to be the kind of guy that thrives on team unity and the Cowboys are no where near it.

Yup! Just heard it. This is the crap we have to deal with for months now.

Ray Lewis actually said something like, "it would be an intriging option to play for Rex in NY"

How do they get these guys to all speak like robots?, it's amazing, once in a blue moon, you'll get a guy that speaks his mind and he's either loved like Charles Barkley or hated like Dennis Rodman. LOL

And Favre's deer-hunting........

this is going to be wonderful.

Yup! Just heard it. This is the crap we have to deal with for months now.

Ray Lewis actually said something like, "it would be an intriging option to play for Rex in NY"

How do they get these guys to all speak like robots?, it's amazing, once in a blue moon, you'll get a guy that speaks his mind and he's either loved like Charles Barkley or hated like Dennis Rodman. LOL

And Favre's deer-hunting........

this is going to be wonderful.

Old news Lance but thanks. ::GoJets:

On ESPN they were reporting that he now says if Favre comes back he will basically try to become a JET...

Bull ,this is just his Agent getting him to stir up intrest in the Big markets ,so his home town of Balt. will not Cheap out and be forced to put up some big bucks!

Archived