Do we make a run at bodden?

fatcatxl

Would love to see Boldin on our team -- don't see it happening though -- Cap issues and possibility of some Ravens defencemen on the radar would squash this - alot depends on the Favre situation -

edit -- my bad dyslexia is a terrible thing

Would love to see Boldin on our team -- don't see it happening though -- Cap issues and possibility of some Ravens defencemen on the radar would squash this - alot depends on the Favre situation -

Bodden, not Boldin.......and no rejects from the lions please. I forget who said it, but most defensive players going from dome teams to outdoor teams generally play alot worse. It's so much harder for visiting Offensive teams to hard count the snap due to the noise. Thus the defense gets a better pass rush. Outdoor teams don't have that luxury and

Bodden, not Boldin.......and no rejects from the lions please. I forget who said it, but most defensive players going from dome teams to outdoor teams generally play alot worse. It's so much harder for visiting Offensive teams to hard count the snap due to the noise. Thus the defense gets a better pass rush. Outdoor teams don't have that luxury and

That makes no sense. He played better when he was with the Browns the year before. Personally, I don't think we can really make any judgment on any player who played for the Lions. That whole team sucked, from GM to coaching. Hard to succeed with leadership like that.

He's a good corner(or at least was before the lions ruined him.) He's only been in Detroit for 1 season as a part of the Shaun Rodgers trade. Prior to his year in Detroit he was looking like he had the potential to be a top CB. I mean look at what **** the Browns secondary became after letting him go. I think with our cap situation he'll probably be a bit to pricey but I'm not holding his 1 year in that **** show against him.

That makes no sense. He played better when he was with the Browns the year before. Personally, I don't think we can really make any judgment on any player who played for the Lions. That whole team sucked, from GM to coaching. Hard to succeed with leadership like that.

For reference see: Woody, Damien.

He's a good corner(or at least was before the lions ruined him.) He's only been in Detroit for 1 season as a part of the Shaun Rodgers trade. Prior to his year in Detroit he was looking like he had the potential to be a top CB. I mean look at what **** the Browns secondary became after letting him go. I think with our cap situation he'll probably be a bit to pricey but I'm not holding his 1 year in that **** show against him.

He's a good corner and several teams will be interested. He'll come high$$$.

That's why I'd prefer a Vontae Davis at Jets pick#17, if we can get him.

The Lions are clueless and he's being cut because they don't feel like paying his huge roster bonus

Exactly. I'd take him in a second. He's a pretty good cover corner and was very good with the Browns. Also, I read some Lions fans say that he struggled in their zone defense (I think they played cover 2?). If he's your #2 CB you have a pretty good duo. But like others have said there's a chance he might be too expensive for us.

Funny that a player can get released only a year after signing a FOUR year contract extension.

Teams don't honor contracts, yet take umbridge when players hold out for better deals. Interesting.

Bad thing is that it will never change. I feel sorry for the veterans who watch these unproven college kids get billions just because they were drafted early.

Bodden might actually be a good fit for this Defense. He struggled in Detroit, but it was in their Cover 2 (Zone) system. He was pretty good in Cleveland though playing quite a bit of man coverage. Worth looking into, could be a nice addition on the cheap which is something this team needs with their cap situation.

Oh, he's a "baller"?

Is that why he struggled to beat out Travis Fisher last year?

Does anyone have a good year playing for a 0-16 team not named Calvin Johnson?

That defense is horrendous. Hodden can flat out ball in the right situations.

He knows the 3-4. And can be very productive in a system that brings pressure.

Archived