question for ji influxers

joewilly

how many of you were vip members?

I personally was, and I know a pretty good number of the other people who made the jump were as well. EY, JMJ, CTM, SMC, Jets Babe, RutgersJetFan just all off the top of my head I'm pretty sure were all VIPs at some point.

...and as a consumer, how was the return on your investment?

No comment. :P

I was for a year. Figured I was 'supporting the site'.

In that year I disagreed with a number of things that went on there and also didn't think it was worth the money, so I did not renew.

I did short graphic open for Sean to put at the top of his 'kid from brooklyn' videos, and was given the VIP membership then.

I was and still am a VIP member (subscription ends in June 2008) and I will not be renewing. Note, that I have actually donated to other message boards as a token of "support."

Like EY, I too subscribed as a token to help the site. I liked the training camp reports. They were quicker than the beat writer blog and better than any crap Leberfeld put out there. So, it really was for those reports (highlight of my membership).

I left on my own volitition and have trolled the site periodically since and have been underwhelmed by the quality of posts there. Which is expected because the majority of posters I conversed/debated with are now here.

I paid for the search feature which I consider essential if you are going to be spending any amount of time on a site.

Having to pay for search isn't cool..

u r kiddin right??

they actually charged to search old posts??

wtf??

I thought people were goofin...

does this JI clown soot, thats his name right?, still have his 1st nickel??

u r kiddin right??

wtf??

I don't think you had to pay to search. you just couldn't unless you were vip.

you couldn't change your username unless vip as well

u r kiddin right??

wtf??

No joke. You had to be a VIP to in order search and you had to pay to become a VIP...

I never paid, I wasn't there long, probably May to October. 3,500 posts thought, amazing what you can accomplish with a desk job in one summer.

It does seem like a lot of the previous paying members are here though. So he definitely will lose out on a nice chunk of change next year.

I have an account over there, but hardly ever read or post there. I had to become a member one year when they wouldn't let any "guests" read the threads leading up to the draft. Only members could get onto the site at that time; pretty pitiful. Never became a VIP.

I was reading JN at the same time, and then finally decided to join up here.

:cheergal::yahoo::cheergal:

Archived