Peter King says Favre will not play this year

DMaynard

Wait, what about the Vikings?

He learned that last year with Green Bay.

Even if we released him on June 1, he would still have to sit out the entire 2009 season.

The Jets & yes, the Packers, could claim collusion against Minnesota over this.

If he sits out the '09 season & recovers from shoulder surgery, he could be signed by the Vikings as a walk on & not a free agent - A win from his camp if the arm is fully healed. Still at 42, it would be hard to be at full streingth.

I began worring about this senario in early November.

• Why would he not let the team doctors know about his condiiton until 3 weeks after the injury?
  • Why would his gameplay suffer worse than that of the injury?

And then in January, I began to realize why...

• They would have begun therapy on his arm so the condition would not have escalated beyond where it is now & more games may have been won than lost
  • With a poor gameplay, the JETS would not make the playoffs & the organization would never offer to extend his contract

Now mind you, if all of this is true, I don't want him back!

Who will be your dog next year to kick after you are 3 and 13 again without Favre?GB might be able to help you out with that answere...

He's old and broken now. He had more to do with the Jets 1-4 finish than he did their 8-3 start. Hopefully Pecker King is right, and Favre finally realizes he's done, too.

Maybe , but I wouldn`t hold my breath waiting for those other QB`s to throw 22 TD`s either!

Did Chad really scar you that badly... ??? lol

1.375 TD's per game is 22 TD's... you really dont think just about any decent QB can average 1.375?

He threw the Ints because he was being presude intensively and he didnt know the recievers or the plays not to mechine the torn muscle in his throwing arm.I guarentee he would shine next year for the Jets!!!!!

He threw the INts because thats what he does... here are his INT totals from previous years...

22, 29, 21, 23, 23, 24

Lets forget about the cap ramifications for a second with Brett...All that aside you guys wouldn't want him back over the other QB's on your current roster???

YEs, if not for the cap crushing $$ amount, I'd welcome him back..

Beat me to it...

Feb 22nd - Deadline to designate franchise/transition players

Feb 27th - Free Agency begins

Mar 1st - Teams must be under salary cap (top 51 players)

Thanks, JH!

So, technically, the Jets could sign Ray Ray on February 27 to big money and then cut Favre on March 1st to get under the cap.

what happens if Favre retires (crying all over the tube)...again and the Jets take the 13 million and go on a spending spree with the Favre $$$ and then the Prima Donna decides he wants to play...again???? Would the Jets be forced to pay him and have to have him as our QB or will we have to cut his ass and get nothing for him...again (think Pennington)...anyone ????

what happens if Favre retires (crying all over the tube)...again and the Jets take the 13 million and go on a spending spree with the Favre $$$ and then the Prima Donna decides he wants to play...again???? Would the Jets be forced to pay him and have to have him as our QB or will we have to cut his ass and get nothing for him...again (think Pennington)...anyone ????

I dont think that is going to happen. if he does retire he will stick to it this time and that is why I dont think he will retire. If he does play again I hope its with the Jets.

I think any of the other Jet QBs are more than capable of throwing 22 picks.

and there were some really UGLY interceptions of that number DM, should have actually been more. I haven't seen a Jets QB throw them up like that since Richard Todd to AJ Duhe in the Mud Bowl

Favre coming back and being the starter when ever he whanted to was the contract GB signed to own him for 16 years.Favre tried to get released by the Packers several times.The Packers had the idea that you play for us or nobody else..

You wont see this sinereo play out in New York because he hasnt signed any thing like what he signed in GB.

and there were some really UGLY interceptions of that number DM, should have actually been more. I haven't seen a Jets QB throw them up like that since Richard Todd to AJ Duhe in the Mud Bowl

I was excited about bringing in Favre last year. I think it was worth the shot. But it is done. He will be 40. He finished the year with a bad shoulder. I want a dominating defense and a ball control offense. Ryan and a FA or two with the cap savings from Favre will give us a dominating defense. Based upon what Clemens showed in 2007 with a horrible o-line, no running attack, injured receivers and no defense and starting for the first time, I am fairly confident he could run a ball control offense. I think Ratliff has more upside, but is definitely not proven. I would not have a problem with them drafting a QB either. But Favre, especially at $13 million, has to go.

No link, I just heard them mention it this morning on ESPN radio. They said that King was asked if he thought Favre would play this year, and he reportedly did not hesitate and flat out said no.

Now I know this is third hand and I can't stand King as much as anybody, but we all know King does has contact with Favre and it makes sense to me. I think Woody and Mr. T are letting the drama queen take his time with a "decision" that has already been made. In the meantime they will try to make some FA moves that will excite Jet fans and lessen the trama when Favre announces his retirement.

If true, I think this is great news. Let's build a dominating defense.

Kings a giant douche. I don't think he knows anymore than any of us do at this time. As far as Favre ,I just don't want him to drag it out like he did last year with GB. If you're going to quit then just DO IT.

He threw the INts because thats what he does... here are his INT totals from previous years...

22, 29, 21, 23, 23, 24

Who wasnt "truthful"

I got mine right from that page...

You got it wrong, ECURB. In fact, you got 5 of the 6 INT totals wrong (I bolded them above).

Favre's INT totals for 2008 and 5 previous years were:

22, 15, 18, 29, 17, 21

You got it wrong, ECURB. In fact, you got 5 of the 6 INT totals wrong (I bolded them above).

Favre's INT totals for 2008 and 5 previous years were:

22, 15, 18, 29, 17, 21

Actually, he just said previous years, not the previous five. The totals he listed are correct int totals from previous seasons.

Yeah I was simply pointing out that he has thrown a ton of INT's throughout his career... not the past 5 seasons... nowhere did I say the last 5... just previous...

Archived