Tuna to swim at a Whim-Can Opt Out Open

Boynton Beach Jets

Parcells sleze his way out of Miami:bag: at any time. I would would watch out for the Mayflower truck now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3889184&POLL391=800000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

: Parcells can walk with full pay

Comment Email Print

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Archive

While Bill Parcells says he is committed to the Miami Dolphins as their executive vice president of football operations through the 2009 season, he now has an unrestricted option to walk away from the team with his fully guaranteed salary, league sources said.

Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga removed the previously reported 30-day escape clause prior to closing on the sale of the team Jan. 20 to New York real estate billionaire Stephen Ross, the sources said. The clause, which required Parcells to notify the team of his intention to leave within 30 days if ownership was transferred from Huizenga's control, was eliminated from the contract about three weeks prior to the closing of the team's sale.

Bill Parcells now has an unrestricted option to walk away from the Dolphins with his fully guaranteed salary, league sources said. If he ever joined another NFL organization, the Dolphins would not receive compensation under the arrangement, sources said.

Parcells has the option to depart without any restrictions, and the team is required to pay him the financial balance of his original $12 million, four-year contract he signed in January 2008. Huizenga communicated the contractual changes to Ross, who did not protest, a league source said.

The unrestricted clause means Parcells has the option to take other employment in or out of football without any standard "off-set," in which the amount he earns elsewhere is subtracted from the balance of the money owed by the Dolphins, sources said.

Parcells sleze his way out of Miami:bag: at any time. I would would watch out for the Mayflower truck now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3889184&POLL391=800000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

: Parcells can walk with full pay

Comment Email Print

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Archive

While Bill Parcells says he is committed to the Miami Dolphins as their executive vice president of football operations through the 2009 season, he now has an unrestricted option to walk away from the team with his fully guaranteed salary, league sources said.

Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga removed the previously reported 30-day escape clause prior to closing on the sale of the team Jan. 20 to New York real estate billionaire Stephen Ross, the sources said. The clause, which required Parcells to notify the team of his intention to leave within 30 days if ownership was transferred from Huizenga's control, was eliminated from the contract about three weeks prior to the closing of the team's sale.

Bill Parcells now has an unrestricted option to walk away from the Dolphins with his fully guaranteed salary, league sources said. If he ever joined another NFL organization, the Dolphins would not receive compensation under the arrangement, sources said.

Parcells has the option to depart without any restrictions, and the team is required to pay him the financial balance of his original $12 million, four-year contract he signed in January 2008. Huizenga communicated the contractual changes to Ross, who did not protest, a league source said.

The unrestricted clause means Parcells has the option to take other employment in or out of football without any standard "off-set," in which the amount he earns elsewhere is subtracted from the balance of the money owed by the Dolphins, sources said.

old news ;)

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69663&page=2

so what

there aren't any jobs open and tuna has stated he likes miami

add to that the other guys available next year, and tuna may not even get a sniff again

one thing no one ever brings up is the diminishing returns he has been getting

Giants = SB win

pats = SB loss

Jets = conf champ loss

cowboys = div loss

miami = wildcard loss

this is a pretty obvious trend here

You gotta be kidding me.

Whoever wrote this contract went full-retard.

Why would you not want to steal, I mean take full salary from your boss and spend your summer time in Sarratoga, NY and get full pay?

O, trust me I want him to take the money and run. All my Dolphag friends are so sure he loves it here and will never leave. Would love for them to eat their words, same goes for the others who post here...

Archived