Testeverd repeat

lancemehl

For get the Testeverde thing, I'm a fool, I thought he was about 39 in 98 he was a baby. lol

So no connection

my fault,

but without starting yet another Favre thread. I'll keep my ending comment.

I didn't want Favre because I felt we were ready for battle with Chad. Then I caught the bug. And, please, I love how everybody KNEW that was a bad move. LOL When i said it I was crucified, we were hanging from his nuts from day one, by 8-3 we started our our colony on Brett Favre's testicles, so save it, but....

his last 5 games is not why i want him out, the whole team collapsed, IMO, should we ditch Jenkins, he disappeared. How about Harris, where was he, Rhodes?

NO, I want him gone for right now:

" Yeah, I don't know,ummm, just go on without me, I'll be hunting, then I let you know"

NO F%$K YOU!!!!!! You let us know NOW!

I like the idea of trading him for Ray Lewis. meaning sign Lewis to his $, then cut Favre on March First, BYE!!!

Ray Lewis vs. Favre, not even close. Ray is a nasty player, plus a coach, plus a captain and a leader and all that. We've all heard the stories.

That's the move.

Ray Lewis and Rex is like getting The Rex Ryan Gold Edition.

Just had to say, if we could do it with a 40 year old Vinny T in 98 Why the heck not with a 40 year old Brett Favre.

Favre- HOF, Vinny not

Favre-better or same set of receivers

Vinny-better RB

Favre- one more year in system

Favre-better OL

Favre- hopefull 10X better defense.

Why not!?

What bothers me is his attitude, like he doesn't give a f$#K!!!!!!!

After you have already broken virtually every passing record, won a SB, won the MVP award three times, have a GOD like legacy among Packers fans and have made zillions of dollars ... hunting, fishing, jeans commercials, playing football ... it is all just having fun. Screw everybody else.

In 1998, Vinny Testaverde was 35 years old. Actually, he was 34 for over half the season..

That and thanks to his workout regimens, he still had the body of a man in his mid-20s. Vinny was pretty much a linemen that played QB. Now Favre...nobody is going to mistake Favre for a bodybuilder.

Favre has had 1 good year in the past 4 or whatever it's been. Favre has been done for awhile now.

Vinny was hungry when he came to the Jets. He never won a championship, and despite a couple good years with Cleveland was still considered barely more than a bust. Plus, he was playing for the team that he grew up rooting for. He had something to prove, and a place to prove it.

Favre was revered as a God in Green Bay, and won his championship a dozen years ago. His ego out paces his current talent level. He's got nothing to prove, and really never wanted to be in NY in the first place.

And as noted, he's five years older than Vinny was in '98.

F* him.

I dream of the day the Jets can get a franchise quarterback of their own

In order to do that, a club has to have commitment to a style of play and a program.

Woody was almost prepared to do that in hiring Mangini, committing to Tannenbaum and letting them build the program in a way that they envisioned.

They were having a pretty good off-season last year (not one that would lead immediately to a SB, but a solid foundation), and then they decided to veer from the program, throw a "Hail Mary" and hope to catch lightening in a bottle and go after Brett Favre.

It was wrong in so many different ways, except for a financial one for Woody himself.

The Jets are what they are, because of changing mid-stream, in a process that requires you must stay the course. The Jets are an animal designed by committee, the camel. An animal that has no great functionality and can't figure out what it is.

Saying you want to have your own "franchise QB" is an easy thing to do. Having teh Jets commit to it in the correct way is an absolutley opposite thing.

So he wasn't really old yet and he was great(the best season in Jets history by a Jets QB) while Fave is old and sucked.

And when Favre was 35 he was even better than Vinny at 35 and when they were both 40, Favre was better. What is your point? That Vinny was a better Jet? So what. Erik McMillan was a better safety than Ronnie Lott as a safety for the Jets. So what.

And when Favre was 35 he was even better than Vinny at 35 and when they were both 40, Favre was better. What is your point? That Vinny was a better Jet? So what. Erik McMillan was a better safety than Ronnie Lott as a safety for the Jets. So what.

Favre a 35 wasn't better than Vinny at 35, Favre has been incredibly medicore for most of the past 10 years. Vinny's '98 was better than any year Favre has had in the past decade.

Favre a 35 wasn't better than Vinny at 35, Favre has been incredibly medicore for most of the past 10 years. Vinny's '98 was better than any year Favre has had in the past decade.

Really?

In 1998 Vinny had a career year - by far the best of his career:

61.5%, 3,256 yards, 29 TDs, 7 int, 101.6 rating

Favre, at 35 in 2004 had:

64.1, 4,088 yards, 30 TDs, 17 int, 92.4 rating

They look pretty comparable. And that was a once in a career type year for Vinny. That was just one of many like that for Favre.

No contest.

Really?

They look pretty comparable. And that was a once in a career type year for Vinny. That was just one of many like that for Favre.

No contest.

thanks for saving me the trouble. LOL Vinny vs. Favre hahahaha any decade, any century

Really?

No contest.

They don't look comparable at all. Vinny had 1 less TD and TEN less INTs, Vinny also had the 1 less INT only starting 13 games. Vinny also was 12-1 as a starter in the reg season and led us back from 0-2 to win a division that had FOUR playoff teams in it. Favre led his Packers to a 10-6 record in an awful division where the 2nd place team was 8-8(and in the playoffs) and they lost to that 8-8 at HOME in the playoffs after having swept them in the reg season.

Vinny's '98 destroys Favre's '04.

They don't look comparable at all. Vinny had 1 less TD and TEN less INTs, Vinny also had the 1 less INT only starting 13 games. Vinny also was 12-1 as a starter in the reg season and led us back from 0-2 to win a division that had FOUR playoff teams in it. Favre led his Packers to a 10-6 record in an awful division where the 2nd place team was 8-8(and in the playoffs) and they lost to that 8-8 at HOME in the playoffs after having swept them in the reg season.

Vinny's '98 destroys Favre's '04.

Please STOP! HALT! right there, we do not,out of respect for Old Lead Foot want to break out the two of these guy's stats. Please.

1998 was a phenomenon That was NOT vinny, get him away from Favre.

Please STOP! HALT! right there, we do not,out of respect for Old Lead Foot want to break out the two of these guy's stats. Please.

1998 was a phenomenon That was NOT vinny, get him away from Favre.

If Vinny played on better teams and had the talent Favre had around him he would have had as good of a career if not better than the overrated Favre but that is a different argument. THIS argument is about both at age 35 and Vinny's '98 was light years ahead of Favre's '04. It's not even debateable.

If Vinny played on better teams and had the talent Favre had around him he would have had as good of a career if not better than the overrated Favre but that is a different argument. THIS argument is about both at age 35 and Vinny's '98 was light years ahead of Favre's '04. It's not even debateable.

It sounds like you are related to Vinny, and therefore this is a fruitless debate, but I'll continue. Let's concede Vinny's '98 was better than Favre's '04. If your point is that Vinny, at 35 was better than Favre at 35, because he happened to have had a slightly better year when they were both 35, so what. It was simply a freak year for Vinny. Look at what he did prior and since. It is like Roger Maris and 1961. Look at what Favre has done in total from 1993 through 2004. That is not debateable. When Favre gets the phone call that he has been elected to the HOF, Vinny will be taking orders at his pizzeria.

It sounds like you are related to Vinny, and therefore this is a fruitless debate, but I'll continue. Let's concede Vinny's '98 was better than Favre's '04. If your point is that Vinny, at 35 was better than Favre at 35, because he happened to have had a slightly better year when they were both 35, so what. It was simply a freak year for Vinny. Look at what he did prior and since. It is like Roger Maris and 1961. Look at what Favre has done in total from 1993 through 2004. That is not debateable. When Favre gets the phone call that he has been elected to the HOF, Vinny will be taking orders at his pizzeria.

yes I might be relaed to him b/c I am posting FACTS:rolleyes:

Who cares if it was one year? The fact is that 1 year was better than 90% of Favre's seasons. That one year was incredible and you guys were comparing them at age 35 not me. There's not a debate, Vinny was alight years ahead of Favre at age 35. The HOF has nothing to do w/ this debate but since you lost it you have to start discussing other things.

yes I might be relaed to him b/c I am posting FACTS:rolleyes:

Who cares if it was one year? The fact is that 1 year was better than 90% of Favre's seasons. That one year was incredible and you guys were comparing them at age 35 not me. There's not a debate, Vinny was alight years ahead of Favre at age 35. The HOF has nothing to do w/ this debate but since you lost it you have to start discussing other things.

1998 VT: 61.5%, 3,256 yards, 29 TDs, 7 ints, 101.6 rating

2004 Favre: 64.1%, 4,088 yards, 30 TDs, 17 ints, 92.4 rating

Light years? :rolleyes: That is a dubious opinion, not a fact.

And that was, by far, Vinny's best season. Favre probably had 8-10 seasons just as good or better than 2004.

But I guess I lost this debate as you say. :rolleyes:

The Jets are an animal designed by committee, the camel. An animal that has no great functionality and can't figure out what it is.

Wow. That is a kickass metaphor Scott D. Painful but kickass nonetheless. Good Job! I do think that being able to store water and trek across the dessert may be considered high functionality in some ways though.

and at every other age Favre SMOKES VINNY!, including the age when he won the SB and the age where he went the next year and the MVP ages.

Whose this talent Favre had that Vinny didn't?

Mark Chumra?

Imagine Favre had Rison or Michael Jackson? lol Great talent?

And that was, by far, Vinny's best season. Favre probably had 8-10 seasons just as good or better than 2004.

1 less TD(in 3 less starts) and TEN less INts is MUCH better. Add in that Vinny was 12-1 as a starter(Foley was 0-3) and it pushes it even further away from Favre. Those seasons weren't even close. Please explain to me how they are close? Vinny '98 is alot closer to Favre's MVP years than Favre '04 is to Vinny '98.

and at every other age Favre SMOKES VINNY!, including the age when he won the SB and the age where he went the next year and the MVP ages.

Whose this talent Favre had that Vinny didn't?

Mark Chumra?

Imagine Favre had Rison or Michael Jackson? lol Great talent?

I don't care about every other age, the discussion is about Vinny in '98 and Favre at the same age.

So, Vinny is better than Favre, because Vinny had that one season, uh, yeah.

LO****INGL.

I guess reading is difficult on this board. Who said Vinny had a better career than favre? This is about Vinny in 1998 and Favre in 2004.

Depends on what your definition of "better" is, I suppose. Favre's won a Super Bowl and has been to another, so those weere better years in the most important way. But those were a long, long time ago.

Favre has never posted a QB rating over 100 in a season, though, and he's never thrown fewer than 13 int's in a year since he became a starter. From that perspective, he's never had a year as good as Vinny's '98.

Favre and Vinny do belong in the same sentence, though, as in: I do not want Brett Favre or Vinny Testaverde QB'ing my team in '09.

Depends on what your definition of "better" is, I suppose. Favre's won a Super Bowl and has been to another, so those weere better years in the most important way. But those were a long, long time ago.

Favre has never posted a QB rating over 100 in a season, though, and he's never thrown fewer than 13 int's in a year since he became a starter. From that perspective, he's never had a year as good as Vinny's '98.

Favre and Vinny do belong in the same sentence, though, as in: I do not want Brett Favre or Vinny Testaverde QB'ing my team in '09.

:D That should be the final word on this topic.

:D That should be the final word on this topic.

"The final word"?? No Way, DM. I mean, great, Revis made a nice catch, almost identical to the cotchery TD. The best thing wasn't even the catch it's the way he gets himself in position to make that catch. Yes..Revis is special. Nice Pick. Mangini, as horrific as he was as a coach DID NOT do bad as far as talent. Revis,Leon and Rhodes.He made Cotch our guy. Built a nice O-line. We're hoping Harris comes back to form and Lowery is the 4th round specialty we thought and Gholston would make him look like an extraordinary talent evaluator.

But aside from that, We got ourselves a QB "thing" goin on. That is far from the last word. LOL

Do we want 40 yrd old HOF Brett, who threw 6td's against the SB losers. Who, at 8-3 had a 70% comp rate and 20 TD's, back, do we want any of those FA's I mentioned?,cuz they suck. Do we want an OPEN competition between Ratliff, Clemens and Ainge, do we throw another 2nd/3rd rounder in the blender?

I'm afraid, No Favre, Clemens gets annointed, that's my personal nightmare, but, yes, DM, this is big stuff.

Jets=offseason=QB talk

"The final word"?? No Way, DM. I mean, great, Revis made a nice catch, almost identical to the cotchery TD. The best thing wasn't even the catch it's the way he gets himself in position to make that catch. Yes..Revis is special. Nice Pick. Mangini, as horrific as he was as a coach DID NOT do bad as far as talent. Revis,Leon and Rhodes.He made Cotch our guy. Built a nice O-line. We're hoping Harris comes back to form and Lowery is the 4th round specialty we thought and Gholston would make him look like an extraordinary talent evaluator.

But aside from that, We got ourselves a QB "thing" goin on. That is far from the last word. LOL

Do we want 40 yrd old HOF Brett, who threw 6td's against the SB losers. Who, at 8-3 had a 70% comp rate and 20 TD's, back, do we want any of those FA's I mentioned?,cuz they suck. Do we want an OPEN competition between Ratliff, Clemens and Ainge, do we throw another 2nd/3rd rounder in the blender?

I'm afraid, No Favre, Clemens gets annointed, that's my personal nightmare, but, yes, DM, this is big stuff.

Jets=offseason=QB talk

OK, then how is this for the final word?

Brett ...

Ratliff!!!! ;)

Archived