Sign in to follow this  
Lil Bit Special

**A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids In 2003** [Merged 3X]

Sorry I don't think everyone is in the same boat, A-Rods numbers never skyrocketed like Bonds numbers did. Sure there all stupid, and deserve all the criticism they get. But I'd prefer to know the details. When they did it, how long they did it, and how much it actually effected them. Then I can make an accurate judgement.

Unless they were tested from the day they were drafted up until today, that's something we'll never know and any player caught will deny it or "admit" to having used a couple of times, but never regularly and it'll be something along the lines of "I gave it a shot, but I didn't really notice any difference in my performance so I figured it wasn't worth it"

A-Rod has the luxury in saying he hit 36 homer runs in his first full year in the majors, so unless he's a complete sham, and has been using performance enhancement drugs since he came into league, than it's really hard to say steroids helped him. He's also been tested since 2003 on a regular basis. And has put up huge numbers. Oh well, lets wait and see what he has to say.

McGuire had the luxury of being able to say he hit 49 HR's his rookie year, too bad he wasn't there to talk about the past.

A-Rod has a very big chunk of his career ahead of him. What if he goes out there and puts up his normal career numbers the next 9 years? Wins a few MVPS, then what?

Then people will wonder what illegal methods he used to achieve those numbers. The dopers will always be ahead of the testers and if he was willing to do it once, he'd sure as hell be willing to do it again.

Again, you chose to demonize these players, I wont.

I'll bet good money A-Rod puts up his usual numbers.

He might....and many fans (myself included) will just wonder what he's using to keep it up and how is MLB not catching him. Nature of the beast.

How do you people enjoy baseball and all your thinking about is if these guys used steroids? I feel bad for you.

No worries, I don't need your sympathy over the fact that I expect guys with positive steroid tests to be using steroids. Just not living in denial that's all.

Unfortunately it is the cheaters that make the game less enjoyable.

So true. I wonder how long I can keep watching as more and more lying, low life, cheating scum bags are exposed. I suppose as long as they continue to expose players who fit that description it won't bother me quite as much. Although I wish there was a way for the Yanks to dump A-Roid.

It's a game.. for entertainment. I love the game of baseball, I don't give a **** about all this other nonsense.

I'm fully aware of that. I've discussed countless times in the baseball and football forums. I know some people are okay with having a murderer/rapist/child molester/cheter/drug addict on their roster as long as they perform. Everyone draws their lines based on their morals/values/ethics. Personally, I enjoy any activity more when I know there are as few criminals as possible involved in it. That's just me though.

• Upvote 1

So A-Rod admits using steroids from 2001-2003 with the Texas Rangers

A-Rod also told Katie Couric he never felt the need to use performance enhancers because he's always dominated on the baseball field. Now we should believe that he only used them from 01-03 but continued to put up the same numbers moving from one of the best hitters parks in baseball to one of the worst hitters parks in baseball (for righties anyway). He's a schmuck.

When you have a boot on your throat, you usually tell the truth, unless your name is Roger or Barry.

And when you tell the "truth", fans of your particlar team will defend you, while others call BS. There are A LOT more people calling BS than there are who believe him.

That's great, I don't give a ****, I just want this to be over, so we can play some baseball.

And I would like this guy, who is a choking disgrace as a human being and a ballplayer to somehow get off the Yankees roster and THEN play ball. GO YANKEES!!!

Theyre close. Great, another Lupica column on steroids. Joy.

I want to read about the team. The strenghts, weakness etc.

Steroids are boring.

But sadly, this bumbling idiot who can't stay out of his own way just continues to do something stupid year after year that we as Yankee fans get treated to every spring training instead of reading about baseball.

I think my favorite story I had to read every friggin day about Alex instead of baseball was that time he needed a few weeks to figure out what god damn nationality he was to play in the WBC. Luckily, being as loyal as he is, it seems he's decided he's going to play for a different country every time it rolls around. Attaboy Alex.

Even in "coming clean" it looks like A-Rod had to lie to weaken the blow. Seems he took the always popular "I didn't even know what I was taking. Golly Gee I was silly wasn't I Peter"

GTFOOH....you have the richest contract in all of sports at $25 mil per season. You are so admired by your peers becuase of your god-like work ethic, and then you take some mysterious substance that's given to you by a guy who has a PhD in douchebaggery but don't bother looking in to what it might be. Sure, I'm naive enough to buy that. Please.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company