Sign in to follow this  
Lil Bit Special

**A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids In 2003** [Merged 3X]

When everyone was busy killing Bonds the fact that there was the list of 104 players who failed the 03 roids test out there and sooner or later to leak out.

Mitchell's report last year hopefully put a end to the Bonds witch hunt. If not hopefully this will.

Now the Yankees deal look worse, because they added all the salary sweeteners as he approached home run record milestones, as if they were going to carry some significance.

Now those milestones carry no significance.

If the Yankees even thought about voiding Giambi's contract, they definitely should A-Rods.

No chance in hell after the money they have just spent. Plus the contract has no language apparently allowing such a move. Freeing up that cash though would allow signing a SS, moving Jete to 3rd and adding Manny.:)

A-Rod is probably, in reality a 40 home run guy a year.

Fantastic numbers for the position he played early in his career, and by old standards HOF worthy.

You wonder where the numbers came from in '05 and '07 now.

Even worse in this story is the news of Gene Orza leaking to players (including A-Rod) when they would be tested.

Which if true means the players including ARod continued to use in 2004.

Only thing is Bonds lied....

Didn't ARod deny Canseco's claims?.....come on plenty of players have lied about this.

It was just easier to hate Bonds b4 Yankee and othe big names came out.

Im just happy it was back in 2003 when he was with the Rangers and not when he was a Yankee.

Im not surprised, atleast it wasnt HGH. baseball is a dirty sport, majority of the players are juicing,. why is everyone shocked? Oh because it's A-Rod and the Yankees.

I think the article said ARod was tipped off in o4 of when he was to be tested which implies that he was still using as a Yankee.

Because more than 5% of big leaguers had tested positive in 2003, baseball instituted a mandatory random-testing program, with penalties, in '04. According to the 2007 Mitchell Report on steroid use in baseball, in September 2004, Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the players' union, violated an agreement with MLB by tipping off a player (not named in the report) about an upcoming, supposedly unannounced drug test. Three major league players who spoke to SI said that Rodriguez was also tipped by Orza in early September 2004 that he would be tested later that month. Rodriguez declined to respond on Thursday when asked about the warning Orza provided him.

Edited by GimmeShelter

Bonds

Clemens

A-Rod

These are baseball's best..why should we believe anyone is clean?

I love baseball, I wish we can say it's clean, to be a baseball fan in this era, must be a little cynical. 50 years from now they are going to look back at this era, and completely right it off. Does it piss me off? Sure it does. Is it going to stop me from rooting for A-Rod this spring? Absolutely not.

That's a little overboard to say considering you backed Clemens story to the last hour. Seems you conveniently change your tune when the subject matter hits home , AKA the Bronx.

Not sure why I should justify myself to you, but I'll do it anyways, how am I changing my tune right now? My stand on steroids hasn't' changed in a while now. Unless you want to be miserable old ****s or Yankee haters, like you come across as, than you must be a cynical when it comes to steroids and baseball. By the way, do you stalk me or something?

No. What I am saying is while many players use, just because ANOTHER high profile Yankee player gets caught does not mean you can say everyone is using as a attempt to make light of it or quote Rob Neyer as if that makes it ok to cheat. No hate for Yankees just the chest thumper fans during good times who feel any negative discussion on them is off topic in instances like this.

If you can't handle non Yankee fan opinions maybe going back to JI's circle jerk is best for you. If you can, then this board is a great place to talk baseball with VARIOUS fans opinion allowed.

Edited by GimmeShelter

Not to perpetuate the ARod as victim narrative or anything, but this really is bull****. Two days ago I figured there was about a 50/50 shot he was dirty. In light of the story...I figure there's a 50/50 shot he's dirty. Apparently I'm the only one.

When Bonds was outed, there were people that dismissed it as a racist witch hunt. McNamee got more heat than Clemens right up until the hearing removed any doubt as to which of them was lying. There were even people who uncritically accepted McGwire's disinclination to 'talk about the past.'

So what happens when Selena Roberts, who's pimping a book and who at the very least has a demonstrated history of getting spectacularly snowed by confidential sources (and let's face it, that's a pretty ****ing charitable way of putting the Duke lacrosse debacle), fingers ARod? It is immediately and universally accepted as fact. Why?

Very true but if one is clean and these allegations are made about him I would think a denial statement would have been given when asked. I would imagine that the FED's would investigate the leak as the test results were/are sealed. Unfortunately in todays environment once a player is named he is labeled as guilty no matter how small the facts are.

Few things..

For the record, no one is saying Alex Rodriguez used steroids as a Yankee, not that it really matters.

Am I not aloud to challenge other people's opinion? Did I miss something that said you are the voice of JN baseball forum?

Steroids is not solely a Yankee problem, no matter how you spin it. Your Mes had 17 players in the Mitchell Report, and a towell boy selling steroids and other drugs out of your clubhouse. And for the record, he was in that clubhouse during the Mets championship run in 1986. So you can bring up the 90's all you want, but every team in baseball has some taint in this era.

No it doesn't matter but it is curious that the article states he had to be forewarned of his Sept 2004 upcoming test. Read into that as you will.

"According to the 2007 Mitchell Report on steroid use in baseball, in September 2004, Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the players' union, violated an agreement with MLB by tipping off a player (not named in the report) about an upcoming, supposedly unannounced drug test. Three major league players who spoke to SI said that Rodriguez was also tipped by Orza in early September 2004 that he would be tested later that month. Rodriguez declined to respond on Thursday when asked about the warning Orza provided him."

Also, no Mets fans that I have seen have ever argued, debated, made light of or tried to deny anytime a Met player was named. Finally, yes you are allowed to challenge opinions but please take down the one way street sign you are carrying when it comes to that subject.

Edited by GimmeShelter

You are better than that. I'm just saying.

You're right....my apologies to Tyler. I am just not a big fan of the double standards being applied when a Yankee player is outed.

I have a feeling this thread would have a different tone if it had been David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez who was 'outed'.

I agree. Apparently ARod is taping a interview to air tonight admitting he used.

So A-Rod admits using steroids from 2001-2003 with the Texas Rangers

Well you still have to wonder why he needed to be warned of a upcoming test in 2004.

it's funny all the people complaining about "selective leaking". bottom line: alex rodriguez is now a known cheater. that's it. nothing more to it. either you care or you don't. but the fact remains that he is a confirmed cheater.

Correct. While we are all sick of steroids the attempts to place the blame or focus elsewhere are hilarious. Totally uniform based.

I know I'm sick of steroids, but Alex didn't place blame on anyone but himself. While I believe he still has some details to explain, I believe he took responsibility. A-Rod has destroyed any chance anyone is going to care about any records he brakes, that's over with, but that doesn't mean he can't go out there and play ball and still be one of the best players in the game. If A-Rod wins a championship, that will be more then enough legacy for Yankee fans. Hopefully he understands that.

I couldn't disagree more and I'm not sure what interview you were listening to.

Regardless, let's get ready to talk real Baseball.

You must of missed the part where he said he was unaware of what he was taking or did not know until the SI reporter asked him about it that he had failed a test.

You did this with Roger and Andy...don't go there again.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company