Sign in to follow this  
Lil Bit Special

**A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids In 2003** [Merged 3X]

Now the Yankees deal look worse, because they added all the salary sweeteners as he approached home run record milestones, as if they were going to carry some significance.

Now those milestones carry no significance.

If the Yankees even thought about voiding Giambi's contract, they definitely should A-Rods.

A-Rod is probably, in reality a 40 home run guy a year.

Fantastic numbers for the position he played early in his career, and by old standards HOF worthy.

You wonder where the numbers came from in '05 and '07 now.

Even worse in this story is the news of Gene Orza leaking to players (including A-Rod) when they would be tested.

Didn't ARod deny Canseco's claims?.....come on plenty of players have lied about this.

It was just easier to hate Bonds b4 Yankee and othe big names came out.

MLB Channel (which you have to give credit have come down hard on this story) played a Couric interview with A-Rod, which watching him lie now, is painful.

You Yankee haters are hilarious. I bet you've been fapping all morning.

Star Yankee players, and the things they do sure make it easier to laugh at them.

Bob, hate to break the news to you, it is not Yankee haters that are the story, it is the Yankee players.

It these tests wer supposed to stay confidental, A-rod could end up getting a serious judgment agaisnt Seling and MLB if he loses any endorsements.

I have no sympathy for A-rod, but if anyone thinks he was the only big star, you're batsheet crazy.

Selig is such a gaping a-hole it's remarkable he can get out of bed. He allows this test to be released as to the 2 most prominent players and no one else. So we have Bonds and A-rod and 102 unnnamed guys out of rosters of 725+. How is that?Is David Ortiz, who experienced an unprecedented late career trunwround at that time, on there? Why would you devalue these 2 guys and your game? But Selig had no problem banking cash in 1998 with Sosa and McGwire.

What a total dick Selig is.

Records were seized by the Feds.

There is no one saying that it was MLB that released this.

ok in 2003 and its reported now? cmon give me a break people are just jealous of arod and everyone wants to hate him so they make up stuff..

until i see the actually report with the 100 or so people on it then thats when i will beleive it.

also for the record bonds didnt do roids he did hgh which imo its alot worse

Really not getting the story here, are you?

These records were meant to stay confidential. Feds seized records in the Bonds case, along with others.

As things happens, something gets leaked. Usually with a purpose.

You can be sure the positive tests exist. SI does not go with stories that are not strongly tied to the truth.

No i get what it was saying.If roids was suppose to be so bad then why is Selig hiding stuff? we shouldve heard of this stuff in 2003 when it happened. someone has to goto prison for this I dont know how it could happen but it has too.MLB is corrupt. Did the team owners know about this? If so how come this players are still signed to huge contracts? How is Selig still commish?

The deal that mlb worked with the players union was that they would test in 2003, and if more than 5% of the players turned up dirty, mlb could impose league wide policies.

The deal was that mlb would keep the records confidential. Well, the Feds have stepped into this also, so there is no telling who leaked what. It does not have to be Selig or baseball, and you would bet that they WOULDN'T want this leaked.

A-Rod isnt the only one. He alone can't tarnish an entire sport. If they are going to expose A-Rod they should expose everyone else.

A-Rod is widely thought of as the best player in the sport.

As such, when he is caught as a cheater, it is a HUGE story.

I would like to know who leaked it and why now? How they were able to determine that the sample belonged to A-rod. That seems very unscientific. If I am doing a study to determine the percentage of players using roids. To get rid of bias and all that other bull**** I do it double blind. No one knows who the sample belongs to. Everything would be a number. Sample 1 Sample 2 and so on.

I guess we should see a lawsuit emanating from A-Rod then.

Think we will? No. Guilt hurts.

Do you Yankee haters need some more lotion? Tissues? I could run to the store.

Can't do anything about the cramps in your hands, though. Sorry.

Pardon the interruption. Resume your fap, fap, fapping.

This coming from the guy that maintains Roger Clemens is clean.

Losing hero's, hurts, obviously, Bob.

lol....he says clemens is clean? he's in total denial. sad really. on a side note though, it means there's no pont in even listening to what he might have to say on the steroids subject at all......

Suzyn Waldman, card carrying

R. Where is his result? Where is bond's result? Sosa? Macguire?

Same as everybody elses-With the Feds.

The players Association blew it when they never saw to it that the files be destroyed, as they were to be.

If you look at the height of the Steroid era (1993-2003), statistics on a whole averaged 20-25% greater than their prior statistical norms.

It is not a great measuring device, but can be used in generalities.

Sorry I don't think everyone is in the same boat, A-Rods numbers never skyrocketed like Bonds numbers did. Sure there all stupid, and deserve all the criticism they get. But I'd prefer to know the details. When they did it, how long they did it, and how much it actually effected them. Then I can make an accurate judgement. I don't like this whole witch hunt.. on all these guys. They made mistakes, but I don't think these guys should be held out of the Hall of Fame for this. Bonds was a Hall of Famer way before he took steroids, and so was A-Rod and Clemens. McGwire.. well he's a different story, I don't think he was a Hall of Famer before he did.

You can't be so selective as to necessarily know WHEN these guys did in fact use.

If you are caught onse, unfortunately, that casts doubt over a career. That is the stigma standard.

A-Rod has a very big chunk of his career ahead of him. What if he goes out there and puts up his normal career numbers the next 9 years? Wins a few MVPS, then what? A-Rod isn't at the end of his career like Bonds or Clemens or McGwire. Time heals everything.

You are speaking to "what if's".

Purported Fact-A-Rod used in 2003. Fact-It was one of his best years with an MVP

"What if" he hits .280 or teh rest of his career with 28 homers and 90RBI?

Does that mean ALL of teh prior years were "roid' years? Of course not. But we can't re-visit history and guess.

That is what happens when you taint yourself. The entire record is tainted, not just selective entries.

Again, you chose to demonize these players, I wont.

I'll bet good money A-Rod puts up his usual numbers.

Ummm, didn't A-Rod "demonize" himself? How am I the one doing it?

It's a game.. for entertainment. I love the game of baseball, I don't give a **** about all this other nonsense.

Tyler, not to pick on you, but when you first found out this news, your response was ****!

Are you just coping now, by acceptance?

That's exactly what I said, because I knew this was going to be huge, I was looking forward to this upcoming season, and to be honest, I'm sick and tired of talking about steroids, and just want to watch some baseball.

Do you want a sport where everyone competes on a level playing field, or one where there are disadvantages if you don't "cheat"?

Does that bother you.

I know you are younger, but for me, "numbers" meant a lot about this game. There were benchmarks on how you judged players.

The 90's took those benchmarks and shattered the ceilings. While we were initially led to believe what a difference the "ball" and the "athlete" had made in achieveing that, it is dissapointing to find out that they were chemically altered.

I would rather that sport be "pure" and be about what you truly earn to accomplish. Let's not cheapen the sport bey doing whatever we can get away with.

You don't remember such days, but the sport used to be a lot of fun. This is not.

Does he "admit" that Orza and the union tpped him to tests in 2004?

You can't trust this man.

What, we are only to believe n ow because he got caught?

I go though this with my kids every day. You earn trust. Not just be admitting AFTER you get caught.

Sorry, but that is teh way it is.

When you have a boot on your throat, you usually tell the truth, unless your name is Roger or Barry.

What boot is on his throat? He is in no leagal danger.

Only his reputation, which he damn well may lie for.

Roger didn't have to go to congress, until after the Mitchell Report came out, and was subpoenaed. He already told the world he was innocent, and chose to do the same thing in front of congress. If A-Rod is subpoenaed, then he doesn't have to hide anything, if he in fact is telling the truth today.

We have no idea if Alex is telling the truth today. That is wishful thinking on your part.

How do you know Alex has nothing to hide from a subpoena?

I assume he has people who know hre used so he is fessin up,,

what we dont know is if he used in seattle or NY..

Looking strictly at the numbers, beside the 2001-2003 years, 2005 and 2007 stick out like a sore thumb.

They are not withinstatistical norm.

Sorry A-rod, this is an exercice your career now becomes. Zip code of fraud-ville. You are not alone in this town, but you may be mayor.

Unless ARod hits like 80 home runs one year the highest position he can hope for is city councilman.

Otherwise, Bonds is forever going to be mayor of that town.

Fair point. I stand corrected. And I do not believe he approaches the pomposity of Clemens either.

Of course there is, there's doubt over every player in his era, it's unfortunate, but I don't let it bother me.

To me, doubt vs proof, is a big leap as to where I will judge a player.

It honestly doesn't bother you, and you judge players in teh same realm if you have proof that they "cheated" vs only guessing that they may have?

Honestly, I can not operate in a world where people are deceptive towards me, and then just blindly forgive.

One thing I'll point out, is just his admissions (Assuming he's being fully truthful) still diminishes what he's done the last 5 years with the Yankees. People have this "Incredible Hulk" mindset when it comes to steroids, where they inject themselves, double in size, and once they stop using they are right back where they began. But the reality is you retain a lot of strength gained from using Performance Enhancing Drugs for years after you stop using. I've seen some estimates of up to 80% of muscle mass is retained after using Primobolin.

very good point, and one not many realize.

All Lupica columns are terrible. I wish that man would lose his job because of the economy.

It won't happen when you read all his columns, even though you think they are terrible ;).

Does anyone honestly think that if guys in the 1950's, 60's etc wouldnt be using steroids if they had access to it?

THis whole thing is a joke.

Well, they didn't so that is not really a point.

If bionics are available in 2020, it does not mean I think it should be a part of an athlete's arsenal. Nor will I be saying, "would they have used bionics" in the 80's.

You should only be compared to athletes' in your era. That is all that is fair. The "cheaters' are tainted by what they have done.

No joke in that.

Well, if were only comparing players of era's....then I guess for this era, if you werent cheatin-you werent tryin.

Personally, I couldnt care less about steroids. Everyone seemingly used them. If it wasnt illegal and they didnt test, what the hell was preventing someone from using them? Morals? Come on.

What exactly is baseball going to do? Fire every player and start from scratch?

These guys chose to put this crap into their bodies. I really dont care, its their problem not mine.

The hysteria and outcry over this is boring and absurd imo.

To each his own, but, using steroids and PED's is in fact VERY illegal.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company