Sign in to follow this  
Lil Bit Special

**A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids In 2003** [Merged 3X]

Rodriguez tested positive for Primobolan and testosterone while with the Rangers

Under the 2003 survey testing, there were no penalties for a positive test

Rodriguez was one of 104 players who tested positive that year

I am sure there are plenty of high profile guys from a lot of teams if the sample the tested from had 104 players test positive. Just another example of how poorly Bud Selig (and his 18 million dollar salary) handled this era of baseball. I bet there are plenty of players from every team on the list. Probably some that would break the hearts of some fans. It now appears everyone did it.

And we'll all still watch the 2009 season with great anticipation.

It these tests wer supposed to stay confidental, A-rod could end up getting a serious judgment agaisnt Seling and MLB if he loses any endorsements.

I have no sympathy for A-rod, but if anyone thinks he was the only big star, you're batsheet crazy.

Selig is such a gaping a-hole it's remarkable he can get out of bed. He allows this test to be released as to the 2 most prominent players and no one else. So we have Bonds and A-rod and 102 unnnamed guys out of rosters of 725+. How is that?Is David Ortiz, who experienced an unprecedented late career trunwround at that time, on there? Why would you devalue these 2 guys and your game? But Selig had no problem banking cash in 1998 with Sosa and McGwire.

What a total dick Selig is.

Records were seized by the Feds.

There is no one saying that it was MLB that released this.

These tests were done voluntarily in agreement between MLB and the Players' Association with the provision that they would never be released. As to Bonds, they were subpeonaed, so there's no real way to not release that. But Rodrigueez is not a criminal defendant in that case, so the subpeona doesn't allow for that information to be released from thr general public. Again, out of 104 players who tested positive, 2 are known.

Bonds is a criminal defendant and his tests were ordered to be released by a federal judge. Done, finished, that's how the courts work.

A-rod is the only other; he's not a criminal defendant, and the subpeona didn't name him as a target.

Anyone want to explain why of the 103 other players so involved Selig's crack baseball people release(leaked) 1 player's name? That's not right, period.

So if your boss dislikes you and has some embarrassing but confidential stuff in your personnel file , it's okay to release it, but he should then keep everyone else's file sealed. And if you change the name of that one player to David Oritz or Carlos Delgado-guys I genuinely think cheated and personally hate-it would still be wrong to release their names unless you're going to release it all.

Edited by Bugg

Same as everybody elses-With the Feds.

The players Association blew it when they never saw to it that the files be destroyed, as they were to be.

I would like to see someone in legal authority place Selena Roberts under oath and in front of a grand jury to state who revealed this sealed subpeonaed information to her. All fine and good to get cloak and dagger; now let's see if you're a real Woodward and Bernstein type, ready to go to jail, or just the silly jock-sniffing girl who mewled about Lebron James not giving interviews like life itself depended on it. I think the Bonds grand jury is a complete waste of time and tax dollars, adog&pony show that bespeaks silliness. But if this is truly an "important" case, soneone has to go to jail for revealing this sealed information. All fine and good to take A-rod's reputation to the gabage dump, but it seems it was done very improperly. A price has to be paid.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company