**A-Rod Tested Positive For Steroids In 2003** [Merged 3X]

Lil Bit Special

A-Rod isnt the only one. He alone can't tarnish an entire sport. If they are going to expose A-Rod they should expose everyone else.

If LeBron James or Kobe was caught taking something they shouldn't or if Sidney Crosby or Ovechkin we're cheating with illegal sticks or skates or something, it would be the same thing.

That being said, I know he is not the only one and I was speaking from the angle that this report tarnishes the game and makes it even more of a disgrace. Cover ups and lies. It's ridiculous.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If LeBron James or Kobe was caught taking something they shouldn't or if Sidney Crosby or Ovechkin we're cheating with illegal sticks or skates or something, it would be the same thing.

That being said, I know he is not the only one and I was speaking from the angle that this report tarnishes the game and makes it even more of a disgrace. Cover ups and lies. It's ridiculous.

No it wouldn't, no one cares about steroids in the other sports. Shawn Merriman failed a test, and no one batted an eye. He was in the the Pro Bowl, that same year.

No it wouldn't, no one cares about steroids in the other sports. Shawn Merriman failed a test, and no one batted an eye. He was in the the Pro Bowl, that same year.

Probably because it was Shawn Merriman. If it was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or a more well known player. Plus, the NFL has long had steroid testing policies and the police their own fairly well. Major League Baseball has not done anything until recently. it's a shame.

Probably because it was Shawn Merriman. If it was Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or a more well known player. Plus, the NFL has long had steroid testing policies and the police their own fairly well. Major League Baseball has not done anything until recently. it's a shame.

Shawn Merriman isn't a known player? Since when?

But, I'll agree with you on Manning and Brady, QB's are on different levels.

Shawn Merriman isn't a known player? Since when?

But, I'll agree with you on Manning and Brady, QB's are on different levels.

You lose all credibility with this statement.

Every team would love to have this guy on their team.

I'm not going to hide the fact that I despise the Yankees.

However, I don't see how anyone can be happy with this news. Whatever you may think of A-Rod, he was on pace to get Bonds out of the record books and restoring the integrity of the records. Now baseball is stuck with a PED user being at the top of their record books.

Be that as it may, by far the worst news out of this is the fact that Gene Orza apparently tipped off players about upcoming "random" drug tests. That brings into question a number of different things. How many players escaped detection? What other parts of the contract were breached? Prior to this, I hated Don Fehr (not that I like Selig, either), but at least he was honest. I can't say that anymore.

I think this is really going to hurt baseball as a whole. Us diehard fans will be back, but if you remember the fallout after the cancellation of the World Series in '94, I fear something similar is could happen here.

Im just happy it was back in 2003 when he was with the Rangers and not when he was a Yankee.

Im not surprised, atleast it wasnt HGH. baseball is a dirty sport, majority of the players are juicing,. why is everyone shocked? Oh because it's A-Rod and the Yankees.

I think the article said ARod was tipped off in o4 of when he was to be tested which implies that he was still using as a Yankee.

Because more than 5% of big leaguers had tested positive in 2003, baseball instituted a mandatory random-testing program, with penalties, in '04. According to the 2007 Mitchell Report on steroid use in baseball, in September 2004, Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the players' union, violated an agreement with MLB by tipping off a player (not named in the report) about an upcoming, supposedly unannounced drug test. Three major league players who spoke to SI said that Rodriguez was also tipped by Orza in early September 2004 that he would be tested later that month. Rodriguez declined to respond on Thursday when asked about the warning Orza provided him.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I only have 1 question

"why did this come out today ?"

did someone have a score to settle ?

or

was some report handed over, and this is the biggest name on it ?

You know it WAS going to come out sooner or later. Today's as good as any day.

I only have 1 question

or

Rodriguez's testing information was found, however, after federal agents, armed with search warrants, seized the '03 test results from Comprehensive Drug Testing, Inc., of Long Beach, Calif., one of two labs used by MLB in connection with that year's survey testing. The seizure took place in April 2004 as part of the government's investigation into 10 major league players linked to the BALCO scandal -- though Rodriguez himself has never been connected to BALCO.

Selena Roberts indicated on MLB Network that she had 4 different sources on it, part of why she felt so comfterable taking it to print, I suppose, so it doesn't sound like someone with an ax to grind at least not to me.

The complete lack of denials probably is more striking to me, seems to me if someone accused me of testing postive for a drug (and I was innocent), that I wouldn't be directing anybody to the Union, I'd be denying it immediately to anybody that will listen. A-Rod's reaction sounds more like "WTF? That was supposed to be an confidential testing" (Certainly an understandable reaction given the circumstances) to me.

Selena Roberts indicated on MLB Network that she had 4 different sources on it, part of why she felt so comfterable taking it to print, I suppose, so it doesn't sound like someone with an ax to grind at least not to me.

The complete lack of denials probably is more striking to me, seems to me if someone accused me of testing postive for a drug (and I was innocent), that I wouldn't be directing anybody to the Union, I'd be denying it immediately to anybody that will listen. A-Rod's reaction sounds more like "WTF? That was supposed to be an confidential testing" (Certainly an understandable reaction given the circumstances) to me.

but the info is old, so I think at least the sources were looking for something

what is funny is, what if there is some sort of confidentiality about these tests, since it seems they were used to gauge what type of testing MLB should use.

I wonder if A-rod defers to the union because 1) he doesn't want to confirm or deny and 2) he is thinking maybe when the dust clears, he can take legal action against MLB.

The list of 104 names should be released all at once, or not at all. Otherwise, this just comes across as a (somewhat justified) witch hunt.

AMEN!

It's messed up they only released A-Rod's name and noone elses.

You know what else is messed up? One of the best athletes in the world felt the need to do steroids.

I'm sure we'll get the rest of the names.

Bonds

Clemens

A-Rod

These are baseball's best..why should we believe anyone is clean?

I love baseball, I wish we can say it's clean, to be a baseball fan in this era, must be a little cynical. 50 years from now they are going to look back at this era, and completely right it off. Does it piss me off? Sure it does. Is it going to stop me from rooting for A-Rod this spring? Absolutely not.

Bonds

Clemens

A-Rod

I'm not sure what you're getting at there. I don't think that really makes sense; it's like reverse logic or something. We should assume everyone is using because the best players did? That's like saying because I used a bicycle and won a foot-race, that everyone in the race must have used bicycles too; isn't it?

that's my point basically

why leak a-rod's name and not publish the entire list

Because Joe Blow just up from AAA isn't going to make news the way a big star like A-Rod* is.

And because people looked at A-Rod* as the last clean athlete in the sport and now he's as dirty as the rest of them. F him.

I only have 1 question

or

who gives a **** about the motive behind the story coming today. fact of the matter is a-roids legacy is tarnished now, and he is now in the same league as bonds, mcgwire, pettite, palmeiro, clemens.......just another cheating piece of sh*t.

Bonds

Clemens

A-Rod

I love baseball, I wish we can say it's clean, to be a baseball fan in this era, must be a little cynical. 50 years from now they are going to look back at this era, and completely right it off. Does it piss me off? Sure it does. Is it going to stop me from rooting for A-Rod this spring? Absolutely not.

That's a little overboard to say considering you backed Clemens story to the last hour. Seems you conveniently change your tune when the subject matter hits home , AKA the Bronx.

Archived