Red Wings 3 | Penguins 0

The Gun Of Bavaria

Wouldn't be funny if Cindy's team missed the playoffs, and a team like the Florida Panthers of all teams made it over them.

I'm sure the NHL wouldn't find it too funny. It would probably put a decent dent into viewership and sponsors.

Pens have been very inconsistent this year and they definitely are missing some of the guys they had last year (mostly Hossa). I'll be glad when Satan is gone. What a waste that guy has been. If being on a line with Crosby can't resurrect your career, you're done pal.

I'm sure the NHL wouldn't find it too funny. It would probably put a decent dent into viewership and sponsors.

Pens have been very inconsistent this year and they definitely are missing some of the guys they had last year (mostly Hossa). I'll be glad when Satan is gone. What a waste that guy has been. If being on a line with Crosby can't resurrect your career, you're done pal.

Who wants to watch Cindy Crosby, when you can watch a better option in Ovechkin?

Gary Bettman posts here.

Gary you suck. This whole "Pens must make the playoffs" campaign sucks too.

So we split the two games (remember the Pens took the first one in the D). The Pens have been mutilated by injuries all season. Hopefully Gonchar will be back soon.

Yeah I know. :lol:

I was laughing at the crowd booing Hossa every time. Same thing happened to Federov in Detroit when he left town.

Speaking of Hossa, that goal off the backhand was downright sickening.

Right. The national draw is better if it's the Caps and not the Pens. Someone needs to take a marketing class.

To be quite honest with you, I'd prefer watching Ovie over Sidney and the only reason the NHL doesn't market Ovie more is because he's Russian and his English isn't the greatest.

The guy is a living highlight reel when it comes to exciting goals and he has the ability, and personality to boot to be a big star for the NHL. They can market Crosby all they want, and rightfully so, but I've met very few people who were NHL fans who didn't have some sort of a negative opinion of Crosby. He's getting a rep as a whiner and a prettyboy and even those people who don't follow the NHL pick up on that.

The game needs to not be so afraid of marketing European players.

To be quite honest with you, I'd prefer watching Ovie over Sidney and I'm the only reason the NHL doesn't market Ovie more is because he's Russian and his English isn't the greatest.

The guy is a living highlight reel when it comes to exciting goals and he has the ability, and personality to boot to be a big star for the NHL. They can market Crosby all you want, and rightfully so, but I've met very few people who were NHL fans who didn't have some sort of a negative opinion of Crosby. He's getting a rep as a whiner and a prettyboy and even those people who don't follow the NHL pick up on that.

Agreed. market him as a bad-ass Russian, like Ivan Koloff was in the WWF. But to not market him and market that fairy in Pittsburgh instead is a disgrace.

Plus Ovie ahs never attacked a prone guy in a faceoff circle like CIndy has. If anyone else did that, he'd be suspended 40 games. Bettman(Crazy Carl?) has one rulebook for Cindy and another for everyone else.

To be quite honest with you, I'd prefer watching Ovie over Sidney and the only reason the NHL doesn't market Ovie more is because he's Russian and his English isn't the greatest.

The guy is a living highlight reel when it comes to exciting goals and he has the ability, and personality to boot to be a big star for the NHL. They can market Crosby all they want, and rightfully so, but I've met very few people who were NHL fans who didn't have some sort of a negative opinion of Crosby. He's getting a rep as a whiner and a prettyboy and even those people who don't follow the NHL pick up on that.

A lot of people have some negative opinions about him. People tend to hate the best. Jets fans dislike Tom Brady. Sox fans hate A-Rod. Yankees fans hated Pedro.

It's just the way sports are.

He was a whiner. When he first came in the league. When he was 19. People need to get over it.

Archived