2010 NEW JETS STADIUM PLAYBOOK IS OUT

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION. The PSL charges are not so bad, but at $400.00 to $500.00 PER SEAT PER GAME, with no PARKING OR FOOD INCLUDED, do you think the JETS will sell out all the MEZZANINE CLUB SEATING before they hit the waiting list?????

QUESTION. The PSL charges are not so bad, but at $400.00 to $500.00 PER SEAT PER GAME, with no PARKING OR FOOD INCLUDED, do you think the JETS will sell out all the MEZZANINE CLUB SEATING before they hit the waiting list?????

All of the club level seating is insane. Outside of the club seats behind the bench that allow you onto the field and in the press room I can't see how they can justify the absurd ticket prices for the other club seating.

My family spoke to the Jets last week. It was our turn. I thought they would let us buy mezz end zone seats (inititally they said that it would be done in phases). Anyhow I was sure that things had changed and anyone who is willing to spend money now, they would take it.

I was wrong again. They said the mezz won't start until the lower bowl is sold out. The earliest that phase will go on sale is in April.

They have to be sh*tting bricks right now. This can't be going well.

My family spoke to the Jets last week. It was our turn. I thought they would let us buy mezz end zone seats (inititally they said that it would be done in phases). Anyhow I was sure that things had changed and anyone who is willing to spend money now, they would take it.

I was wrong again. They said the mezz won't start until the lower bowl is sold out. The earliest that phase will go on sale is in April.

They have to be sh*tting bricks right now. This can't be going well.

So if you don't commit now to the higher priced ones you could be completely frozen out of anything if there is nothing left when they get to the section you want?

Basically they are going in order of seniority for ALL Levels.

FIRST the are trying to sell the CLUB seats, in oder of seniority for those that want them, and if any are left, they go to the waitlist.

THEN, they will offer the NON-CLUB PSL Seats, Again, in order of Seniority, first those that have seasons, and then the waitlisters.

And then they move to the NON-PSL Uppers, again, by Seniority.

So if your seniority Year is really low, and you wait till the end, you could get shut out of the upper bowl, or you might have a chance to by PSL Seats or Clubs if there are any left over.

In theory that could happen yes.

As the wait list gets called - And those people are being called and buying PSL's - those that wait will face a smaller selection of seats and the seniority squeeze will begin - If you wait too long your choices could be very expensive seats or none at all.

I hear several fans who once protested against PSL's now ( reluctantly ) buying them. The last group to go are the least senior on march 30th. That's why Mezz goes up in April.

If you have received your playbook (and you are planning to buy CLUB SEATS), and have not heard from the Jets buy phone, you should call them and then can plug you right into CLUB SEATS.

But if you are not buying club seats, and you plan to buy a PSL NON-CLUB or an UPPER NON-PSL seat, just list your preferences, and send back by your due date.

They are doing each level by Seniority. o if you have very bad seniority and do not choose a PSL OR PSL-CLUB Seat, there is a chance that you could get shut out of the Upper Bowl, depending on how their sales go.

I am hoping that they get strangled by the economy and have to reconsider the way they price things, but with the 1.6 Billion invested, they will trudge on and try to rip us off!!!!

As the wait list gets called - And those people are being called and buying PSL's - those that wait will face a smaller selection of seats and the seniority squeeze will begin - If you wait too long your choices could be very expensive seats or none at all.

I hear several fans who once protested against PSL's now ( reluctantly ) buying them. The last group to go are the least senior on march 30th. That why Mezz goes up in April.

Thanks for the info. I am happy that a NY Jets employee is taking time out of their schedule to post here.

That means a lot ot me. :love0030:

I remember in the old Madden games when you create a stadium... using PSL's would ruin your fan base for years...

I can now see why.

The same Madden games where your fan approval rating goes from all the way in the green to the darkest red because you moved from New Jersey to--gasp--New York? :lol:

Thanks for the info. I am happy that a NY Jets employee is taking time out of their schedule to post here.

That means a lot ot me. :love0030:

This is funny coming from a guy - yes you max - that is buying PSL's - despite your many objections. Not that this would be considered hypocritical by anyone ?

This is funny coming from a guy - yes you max - that is buying PSL's - despite your many objections. Not that this would be considered hypocritical by anyone ?

As I posted two weeks ago, I did try to buy PSLs. Tried to get 2 in the mezz end zone, forgetting that they have to sell out the "lower bowl" first.

I think PSLs are a terrible thing. I think it will totally change the stadium (for the worse). That being said I love the New York Jets. And if I can find a way to swing it financially, I will. Not sure how that makes me a hypocrite.

I have been running this site for over four years. I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. I love the Jets. The thought of not being there and watching a home game on TV is not something that appeals to me. I wear Jets gear regardless of the Jets record. I go to training camp and pre-season games. There are lots of people in the same boat that I am.

So the bottom line is I am not ready to give them up. Although come April, financially maybe I won't be able to swing it. In this market, who knows. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about PSLs or think they are the right thing to do.

Just figure it is safer to get the tickets, instead of sitting home when the Jets are blacked out in 2010.

Max, I feel your pain and feel the same way. I am considering buying a few EZ Mezz PSL Seats, although I do not really want to. I have been going to Jets games since 1978 at Shea, and if I am not on the Stadium for a home game, I am not sure what I would do, although I would sure be saving $$$$.

I think the Jets really missed the boat on the PSL's. I think they should have done like the Giants, and charged a $1000.00 PSL for most of the upper bowl, with a lower per game ticket price. Woody will still get is money, just a little delayed. If you averaged out a $1000.00 over 10 years of use, it would only be $10.00 added on to your per game.

Everyone thought the Wood was throwing us a bone, but considering in 2010 that the Upper Primes will go from $75.00 or $80.00 to $125.00 Per game (What a ripoff!!!!), And Upper Sideline from $75.00 to $105.00 for the most part, and Upper EZ from $75.00 to $95.00, we are all really getting the shaft. Upper EZ will be the best deal, but I am not so sure about the view.

But take heart. Jets tickets unfortunately have never been in demand like the Giants, so I think it will still be pretty easy to get tickets for Jets games at a good price, even if it is on a game by game basis. Considering that ANY CLUB SEAT has a face value of $400.00 Per Game, you may even get a deal on those at the last minute.

The worst part of the whole deal is that the entire makeup of the stadium will change in terms of where people sit. I hated it when the Jets moved to the Meadowlands in 1984, and we had to get used to all the new people sitting around you, but we did. And now after 26 years, I will have to do that all over again. But this time, because of the PSL, It will be like the division of the haves and the have nots, by virtue of what someone can afford in the new building, and the pot will really get mixed up.

This whole PSL thing really blows, but I guess there is no turning back. I am hoping for the best, but I am not very optimistic about the end result.

Jetbo

I need to get back to the Jets with my wish list by the end of this week. I'm thinking, Upper sideline, upper prime and end zone mezz, in that order. I'm just wondering iof they will try the old switcheroo if you even list PSL seats. I'm waiting for the "sorry, there are no seats left unless you want the mezz" At that point I will probably crumble. I am very opposed to the PSL's, but after 25 years of going to home games and having decent seats, I can't give it up.

looks like you will have plenty of time to post here to get us all to buy psl's when you and the rest of the jets employees are taking your 2 week unpaid layoff.

looks like you will have plenty of time to post here to get us all to buy psl's when you and the rest of the jets employees are taking your 2 week unpaid layoff.

Two weeks off sounds great, I wish I could afford it but off to work I must go. No one here needs me to GET them to buy PSL's, they are doing that all by themselves. Anyone that does not buy a PSL gives me better seat selection so that would be a real motivation to dissuade people from buying a PSl, perhaps that is your hidden agenda but it is not mine.

Two weeks off sounds great, I wish I could afford it but off to work I must go. No one here needs me to GET them to buy PSL's, they are doing that all by themselves. Anyone that does not buy a PSL gives me better seat selection so that would be a real motivation to dissuade people from buying a PSl, perhaps that is your hidden agenda but it is not mine.

I decided that I am just moving to the upper deck. I have good seniority so no PSL for me.

Should be fun. The Mezz looks like it isn't covered anyhow so the uppers are cheaper, that's where I will be.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would re-read and bump this one...

Does anyone know the payment schedule? Meaning, if one WERE to go with a PSL, when would all the $ be due.

Obviously they want a 20% down, but after that when? Fall? 2010 with tickets?

I think there is a real chance, that PSLs will go really really badly and they might have to discount them to sell, at that point I don't want to be the one guy who paid full price.

BZ

Archived