anyone watch the grammy's?

joewilly

McCartney was pretty awesome but I was disappointed that they kept Dave Grohl behind the drums instead of out front. Other than that, I can't express enough how disappointed I am with the direction music in general is heading.

McCartney was pretty awesome but I was disappointed that they kept Dave Grohl behind the drums instead of out front. Other than that, I can't express enough how disappointed I am with the direction music in general is heading.

paul is the least talented beatle. oops sorry ringo. paul needs to hang it up. he's 20 years late in doing so.

I don't have a problem with music direction really. I didn't like rap at 1st & by no means a fan but I actually don't mind a lot of it. saw jay z's performance with coldplay & his song at one of the pres's inaugural balls & it was really good.

what I like is how the different artists are meshing together. I mean taylor swift takin the stage for a whole concert with deff leapord? How is that not cool?

Robert Plant wore his finest v-neck t-shirt. Like that he doesn't give a crap that he is in fact an old man, something refreshing about not getting surgery or trying to keep up appearances. I guess if you're the lead singer for Zep, you do what ever you want. All these rappers didn't get the crowd going wild every time Plant picked up a trophy. Who is this scraggily-looking cracker with an accent?

I liked what McCartney did. It was no nonsense, "I'm a ****ing Beatle and I don't care who Dave Grohl is, he's going to play the sh-t out of those drums because that's what we do" type stuff. With all of the showmanship on every other act's part, it was refreshing to see someone just come out and play.

I liked what McCartney did. It was no nonsense, "I'm a ****ing Beatle and I don't care who Dave Grohl is, he's going to play the sh-t out of those drums because that's what we do" type stuff. With all of the showmanship on every other act's part, it was refreshing to see someone just come out and play.

gotta dissagree here on sir paul. a 60 yr old man singin she was just 17. I just don't see the talent.

Yeah,,,its been that way for quite sometime.

I watched. That Katie Perry chick can't sing.

The word "sucks" comes to mind. Part of the problem is that every singer feels as though they should prance around the stage and/or dance whilst singing. Most of them--like Katie--get out of breath, which causes pitch problems, as we witnessed in her "performance" last night. Notice how Jennifer Hudson--who has gorgeous tone and ridiculous range--stayed still and concentrated on her vocal, which killed, BTW.

The word "sucks" comes to mind. Part of the problem is that every singer feels as though they should prance around the stage and/or dance whilst singing. Most of them--like Katie--get out of breath, which causes pitch problems, as we witnessed in her "performance" last night. Notice how Jennifer Hudson--who has gorgeous tone and ridiculous range--stayed still and concentrated on her vocal, which killed, BTW.

Now THAT woman can sing.

I liked the song, too, especially that kicka$$, punchy solo by his guitarist. I also thought Grohl should have laid (lain?) back a little instead of all the drum histrionics. It wasn't his gig.

Looks like Travis Barker is in need of one of those Def Leopard drum kits.

did his drums go down in the crash? as long as he doesn't buy the coldplay's drummer kit.

how did they win best rock song? viva la vida or whatever is a great song but it's pop ain't it? I didn't even see a guitarist on the stage.

Now THAT woman can sing.

She is phenomenal. My wife had tears from that performance, and the obvious impact the murder of Hudson's family members had on the choice of song and her emotional delivery. Every time we see Hudson, she's gotten better. We also always comment that she got sent off American Idol.

Speaking of Idol, did you folks see Carrie Underwood? I'm not a big country music fan, but that chick can belt it as well. Plus, she is gorgeous...great smile and stunning legs.

She is phenomenal. My wife had tears from that performance, and the obvious impact the murder of Hudson's family members had on the choice of song and her emotional delivery. Every time we see Hudson, she's gotten better. We also always comment that she got sent off American Idol.

Speaking of Idol. did you folks see Carrie Underwood? I'm not a big country music fan, but that chick can belt it as well. Plus, she is gorgeous...great smile and stunning legs.

Def two of the better 'Idols'.

I'll agree Katie Perry is a marginal talent, but damn, she's adorable.

McCartney was, and is, great. JoeWilly's my boy, but he's out to lunch on this one.

I like Carrie Underwood, but that dress was awful. Allison Krauss, on the other hand, was HOT.

I don't get the hoopla over Coldplay, either. Catchy single. That's all.

Blink182, Joe? Seriously?

I'll agree Katie Perry is a marginal talent, but damn, she's adorable.

McCartney was, and is, great. JoeWilly's my boy, but he's out to lunch on this one.

I like Carrie Underwood, but thta dress was awful. Allison Krauss, on the other hand, was HOT.

I don't get the hoopla over Coldplay, either. Catchy single. That's all.

Blink182, Joe? Seriously?

No question, Bob. I'd watch her "kiss a girl" anytime. :) As for Carrie Underwood: She can wear just about anything she likes. I can't get past her smile and gorgeous face. She could render me a babbling mess. The Coldplay song/album they selected is not their best. I think "Fix You" off X&Y is an amazing tune.

jBEYyHGbwto

I was very happy top see Plant and Krauss do so well. Saw them in Wales and in Maryland and thought they were just outstanding. As a huge, huge fan of Led Zep for over 20 years, seeing Robert Plant was just incredible. And Krauss, in addition to being stunningly hot, has just about the most amazing voice I've ever heard.

I was very happy top see Plant and Krauss do so well. Saw them in Wales and in Maryland and thought they were just outstanding. As a huge, huge fan of Led Zep for over 20 years, seeing Robert Plant was just incredible. And Krauss, in addition to being stunningly hot, has just about the most amazing voice I've ever heard.

I'm glad you said this, Norway. I thought I was the only one that found her hot. Why do I think she'd put you in traction? (If God exists. :)) Her voice is as clear as crystal. Since you're a Zep fan like me, here's their awesome version of Black Dog:

Xox6qXP3xKY

Archived