A-Rod to end his silence with ESPN interview today

AFJF

Give me a break A-Rod. You used PEDs when you didn't have to. You were good enough to get a huge contract and were one of the better young talents the game had seen.

Pressure? Who put the pressure on you? You did by signing that huge, fat contract. Don't give me that excuse, or the peer pressure excuse or whatever other excuse you have. You're a grown ass man. Stop it.

Ok, even if I believe that you felt pressure going to the Rangers, you're going to sit there and tell the world you stopped in 2003 just before going to the media capital of the world? Really? You expect us to believe that when you went to the Big Apple you felt no pressure at all and stopped cold turkey using? Riiiight.

The guy is a cheater. On his wife and kids, on the game of baseball, and as human being in general.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give me a break A-Rod. You used PEDs when you didn't have to. You were good enough to get a huge contract and were one of the better young talents the game had seen.

Pressure? Who put the pressure on you? You did by signing that huge, fat contract. Don't give me that excuse, or the peer pressure excuse or whatever other excuse you have. You're a grown ass man. Stop it.

Ok, even if I believe that you felt pressure going to the Rangers, you're going to sit there and tell the world you stopped in 2003 just before going to the media capital of the world? Really? You expect us to believe that when you went to the Big Apple you felt no pressure at all and stopped cold turkey using? Riiiight.

The guy is a cheater. On his wife and kids, on the game of baseball, and as human being in general.

well, all that goes without saying.

But the guy was always a jerk and a lousy human being....

I would venture to guess 95% of all baseball players are lousy human being....

And? who cares? He is a sports figure not the dali ****ing lama. He needs to hit a ball with a stick. He is also a moron. I don't care. I like the break pats fans balls but I don't care about the video thing either. It's all stupid false moral outrage from people who probably cheat on their wives/taxes/timesheets themselves.

And? who cares? He is a sports figure not the dali ****ing lama. He needs to hit a ball with a stick. He is also a moron. I don't care. I like the break pats fans balls but I don't care about the video thing either. It's all stupid false moral outrage from people who probably cheat on their wives/taxes/timesheets themselves.

it s phony....

Shawn Merriman is defensive player of the year the same time he gets suspended for steroids...

sports writers are hypocrites

A public figure, especially one in sports needs to be a role model, like it or not. They want the girls, the cars and the money then the responsibility of being a decent human being comes along with it.

And it's not false moral outrage. If any of us were caught gaining an illegal edge at our work place (insider trading, skimming from the top, what have you) we would be fired and have charges put against us. They are held to higher standards and they should be. A-Rod is an epic failure at every level.

A public figure, especially one in sports needs to be a role model, like it or not. They want the girls, the cars and the money then the responsibility of being a decent human being comes along with it.

And it's not false moral outrage. If any of us were caught gaining an illegal edge at our work place (insider trading, skimming from the top, what have you) we would be fired and have charges put against us. They are held to higher standards and they should be. A-Rod is an epic failure at every level.

I disagree. They are not role models. In my opinion they are the opposite of role models. A Soldier is a role model. A Cop, A Teacher, A Professor. Someone who does a hard job vital to the operation of society for little compensation is a hero. No some schmuck who plays with balls for a few million a year. If your kids looks up to these guys it is because you are a ****ty parent. I don't mean you personally. I'm speaking in general.

Apparently everyone knew everyone was doing it. No one is infallible in this mess.

Exactly, which is why I'm not going to allow anyone to turn this into solely a Yankee problem.

A-Rod may currently play for the Yankees, but this most recent scandal clearly shows you there was a big problem in Texas.

Remember, the 90's Yankees had to beat the 90's Rangers (Pudge Rodriguez, Juan Gonzalez, Kevin Brown, Rafael Palmeiro) in the 1996, 1998, and 1999 playoffs.

This interview was the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen. Who cares that he admitted to more. He admitted to more that was earlier. I don't believe for one second that he didn't use as a Yankee. He says he needed to wake up and stop being selfish...HELLO He is still one of the most selfish smug douche bags in all of sports. He'd get some credit if he came out and said this without being ratted on. He gets NO credit. He's only doing this because the precedent has been set. If you lie, the Feds come breathing down your neck for years after getting you to testify in front of a grand jury. If you come out clean, you get to play baseball scott free.

Also this "I don't know where I got or who gave me drugs or really what I took" comment is complete BULLSH**. This guy is a physically finely tuned anal retentive freak. NO F**KING way he is "naive" about foreign substances entering his 250+ whatever million dollar body.

Screw Gay-Rod, he can go F himself. This is coming from a longtime Yankee fan, who has really started to debate his baseball allegiance.

This interview was the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen. Who cares that he admitted to more. He admitted to more that was earlier. I don't believe for one second that he didn't use as a Yankee. He says he needed to wake up and stop being selfish...HELLO He is still one of the most selfish smug douche bags in all of sports. He'd get some credit if he came out and said this without being ratted on. He gets NO credit. He's only doing this because the precedent has been set. If you lie, the Feds come breathing down your neck for years after getting you to testify in front of a grand jury. If you come out clean, you get to play baseball scott free.

Also this "I don't know where I got or who gave me drugs or really what I took" comment is complete BULLSH**. This guy is a physically finely tuned anal retentive freak. NO F**KING way he is "naive" about foreign substances entering his 250+ whatever million dollar body.

Screw Gay-Rod, he can go F himself. This is coming from a longtime Yankee fan, who has really started to debate his baseball allegiance.

you should root for the mets.

baseball won't miss you

how many fans have walked away since the Clemens/Bonds revalations?

I really have a hard time beleiving some of you guys are that angry about Alex using roids.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but yeah it was fun to poke fun at the Pats for the whole spygate thing....but you know what...I really couldnt care less about such a non story.

The outrage is just funny to me. Be outraged the guy melts like a candle in the clutch.

I really have a hard time beleiving some of you guys are that angry about Alex using roids.

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but yeah it was fun to poke fun at the Pats for the whole spygate thing....but you know what...I really couldnt care less about such a non story.

The outrage is just funny to me. Be outraged the guy melts like a candle in the clutch.

Yes but like spygate it will pass and we'll be back to talking on the field baseball.

I mean it is February so the fact that it's ARod and the Yankees is gonna garner some attention.

Yes but like spygate it will pass and we'll be back to talking on the field baseball.

I mean it is February so the fact that it's ARod and the Yankees is gonna garner some attention.

I totally agree. I just find all the fake outrage funny...mostl likely coming from people, like Arsis said, cheating on other things in life.

Now if people want to get angry over incidents like Pcaman, Ray Lewis where other people actually get hurt- then I have zero problem. But steroids? COme on. Its a part of sports, like it or not.

"I don't think I've put anything in my body that could be positive on one of those tests," Posada said, later adding for further clarification, "I have never tested positive. My first language is Spanish. I know English, but my first language is Spanish. I have wanted to make sure I have never taken anything. I'm as clean as a whistle."

If we want to rip overrated Yankees, how about Jorge? WTF is he even talking about?

I sort of lost him when he said he didn't know what he took

That is bullsh1t

Give the guy a little bit of credit. He took some bullets, where others have remained bunkered up in complete denial.

Can we believe everything he said? Of course not. He is looking to use this as an opportunity to position his use in the best possible light.

But at the end of the day, this is a good first step.

I do not know about that.

I think in order to do that, there has to be some resolution. A final and definitive decree that all players of the roid era are eligible for the hall or all players are out, their records, and all such matters in between. Baseball, the suits, the owners and the players need to come forward and answer what they know and put it to rest.

And just for the record, the baseball hacks need to stop throwing Rose's name in this discussion. He bet on baseball and it was illegal decades before his birth and is to this day. He should be banned.

Oh BTW Tom Hicks STFU. If you are giving a guy $252 million you know what he has done. DumbAss.

If we want to rip overrated Yankees, how about Jorge? WTF is he even talking about?

are you insane..if anything Posada is underrated historically, find me another catcher who has his numbers....

Give the guy a little bit of credit. He took some bullets, where others have remained bunkered up in complete denial.

Can we believe everything he said? Of course not. He is looking to use this as an opportunity to position his use in the best possible light.

But at the end of the day, this is a good first step.

A-rod's biggest problem is that someone got to him ,or he fought for it himself, to try and admit guilt and gain sympathy at the same time.

That is what probably irks people the most, really all he should have done was say "I am the bad guy here, I did it, never do it again, will make it up to the fans and baseball."

Instead he talked about Selena Roberts shady tactics, the culture of the time, and his confidential test.

He tried to say, "Yes I did it, but I am also a victim."

Which doesn't work in this situation, either he insisted on trying to wipe some ****s off the shoe or he was told it would be a good idea to get the thought in people's heads that he was the victim of the times and a shady reporter.

I should start a business that only deals in coaching celebrities how to apologize and win back public favor. Anyone want in? I bet we know more than their handlers do.

I need some start up money......

Wow, I just watched the interview with Peter Gammons. A-roid is still lying its unbelievable that whole "I got it from GNC" defense is a joke. How would he expect anyone to believe him. Wow......just wow.

i think you should watch it again, he didn't say he got steroids from GNC....he didn't say he got anything from GNC.

i think you should watch it again, he didn't say he got steroids from GNC....he didn't say he got anything from GNC.

Yeah, he didn't say he got steroids from GNC, he said what he was taking he got from GNC. However what he tested positive for you can't buy @ GNC, so why even bring that up?

Wow, I just watched the interview with Peter Gammons. A-roid is still lying its unbelievable that whole "I got it from GNC" defense is a joke. How would he expect anyone to believe him. Wow......just wow.

Are you really so shocked you had to say wow 3 times?

A-Rod admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs, and gave us a time frame, for when he did them. Not sure if you missed that part, but you're right, he does have a little more explaining to do, but he's off to a good start. Gammons didn't exactly follow up on any of Alex's answers, so hopefully when he gets to Spring Training he can explain himself a little better when it comes to what he took and how he got it. But lets not act like A-Rod didn't take responsibility yesterday, because he clearly did. But I don't expect everyone to be satisfied.

Yeah, he didn't say he got steroids from GNC, he said what he was taking he got from GNC. However what he tested positive for you can't buy @ GNC, so why even bring that up?

no, he didn't say that either, he said with the change in rules, there are now banned products that you can get in over the counter products at GNC.

He didn't reveal who or where he got the PEDs.

At least to my knowledge.

Again, he was trying to set a precedent. That when he used it wasn't illegal to how now in baseball many rules have changed.

Trying to again, set himself up as the good guy...like "yeah, I used, but it wasn't against the rles, and now that the rules are so strict, I am clean."

Are you really so shocked you had to say wow 3 times?

A-Rod admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs, and gave us a time frame, for when he did them. Not sure if you missed that part, but you're right, he does have a little more explaining to do, but he's off to a good start. Gammons didn't exactly follow up on any of Alex's answers, so hopefully when he gets to Spring Training he can explain himself a little better when it comes to what he took and how he got it. But lets not act like A-Rod didn't take responsibility yesterday, because he clearly did. But I don't expect everyone to be satisfied.

Not shocked @ all, but it was the first time I watched this interview. He's a horrible liar, also he had no choice but to take responsibility. The test don't lie LOL.

Posada was trying to clear up what he said earlier in the day to reporters and was pointing out that English is his second language so sometimes he does not say exactly what he is trying to get across.

Archived