Weed linked to aggressive form of testicular cancer.

Alk

Did anyone read the article...this wasnt the greatest experiment in the world...just read this stuff...

"Since we know that the incidence of testicular cancer has been rising in our country and in Europe over the last 40 years and that marijuana use has also risen over the same time, it seemed logical that there might be an association between the two," said study co-author Janet Daling, an epidemiologist and member of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's public health sciences division in Seattle. "And when I analyzed the data, we found a fairly strong relationship with this aggressive type of testicular cancer."

"It could, however, also be that recreational drug use is simply a marker for affluence, since we know that testicular cancer is traditionally a disease that is more common among the affluent. Or it could be a marker for some other event that comes along with it, that triggers lesions that lead to tumors. So, at this point, it's just not clear to me how exactly the association between marijuana and testicular cancer would work."

Not the most compelling argument.

On a side note, my balls hurt reading this.

Did anyone read the article...this wasnt the greatest experiment in the world...just read this stuff...

"Since we know that the incidence of testicular cancer has been rising in our country and in Europe over the last 40 years and that marijuana use has also risen over the same time, it seemed logical that there might be an association between the two," said study co-author Janet Daling, an epidemiologist and member of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center's public health sciences division in Seattle. "And when I analyzed the data, we found a fairly strong relationship with this aggressive type of testicular cancer."

"It could, however, also be that recreational drug use is simply a marker for affluence, since we know that testicular cancer is traditionally a disease that is more common among the affluent. Or it could be a marker for some other event that comes along with it, that triggers lesions that lead to tumors. So, at this point, it's just not clear to me how exactly the association between marijuana and testicular cancer would work."

Hell no I didn't read it. I don't smoke so why would I care? I wanted to post it in the Michael Phelps thread but didn't want to take the time to search for it.

That may be from going to country bars and riding mechanical bulls. :biggrin:

Harmless my a$$. Unless you just don't give a $hit about losing your nuts.

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/cancer/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100232740&GT1=31025

Apparently people who drink to excess don't care about their livers. And people who smoke don't care about their lungs. But that's OK, right? They are legal activities.

Apparently people who drink to excess don't care about their livers. And people who smoke don't care about their lungs. But that's OK, right? They are legal activities.

Quite frankly I don't care what anyone does with their bodies. This was just for the "there is nothing bad about weed" crowd.

Archived