Steroids

ECURB

My point was just because you watch it doesnt mean you care.

So people watch the steroid coverage even though its a non-issue to them?

That doesnt make sense at all. Well... to me at least it doesnt make sense. If there is a sports story that I have zero interest in I dont watch. I turn the channel. I vote with my remote.

I do believe it has gotten way too much coverage. Outside of the initial reports, I havent watched anything about this. I turn the channel. I barely read the articles I post because I have steroid-issue fatigue. Doesnt change my feelings that steroids and cheating are bad and the players need to be dealt with. Im as tired of this as you, but I will never accept that cheating is ok and a non-issue.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So people watch the steroid coverage even though its a non-issue to them?

That doesnt make sense at all. Well... to me at least it doesnt make sense. If there is a sports story that I have zero interest in I dont watch. I turn the channel. I vote with my remote.

I do believe it has gotten way too much coverage. Outside of the initial reports, I havent watched anything about this. I turn the channel. I barely read the articles I post because I have steroid-issue fatigue. Doesnt change my feelings that steroids and cheating are bad and the players need to be dealt with. Im as tired of this as you, but I will never accept that cheating is ok and a non-issue.

Damn lemmings, all of us.

I am still trying to understand what the media "fabricated", and how this has had some adverse effect on me.

I am not of free will?

the media has beaten this story and sucking all the blood they can out of it. It is going too far their coverage.

Outside of ARod cheated, what else have we really learned since Sat? Nothing.

We got what we wanted, now move on. I dont give a sh!t what every player in baseball's feelings are about ARod and 'roids.

the media has beaten this story and sucking all the blood they can out of it. It is going too far their coverage.

Outside of ARod cheated, what else have we really learned since Sat? Nothing.

We got what we wanted, now move on. I dont give a sh!t what every player in baseball's feelings are about ARod and 'roids.

Tired of it myself, but hwen you are the top player, in teh biggest city, this is what it becomes.

It does not change my opinions on teh situation. The original story was not "fabricated".

And spogebob goes on.

I am still trying to understand what the media "fabricated", and how this has had some adverse effect on me.

I am not of free will?

I've told you about 7 times now. The outrage has been fabricated. If people were really that upset over this, they'd stop tuning in. People will come out and say how they are "disgusted" and "I hate cheaters" and then will go and tune in to Opening Day like nothing happened.

If the media and ESPN wouldnt have endless coverage over this, I'd guarantee there would be a lot less "enraged" people.

LIke I said from the beginning, it's a boring story.

I am not of free will?

You are reading "reports" from the media... you yourself have seen nothing official on this... nothing at all... your leaving yourself at the mercy of the few media outlets you choose to trust...

Dont act all high and mighty... call me when you talk to Arod himself and read the actual report...

Until then... your just going by what the media tells you to.

You are reading "reports" from the media... you yourself have seen nothing official on this... nothing at all... your leaving yourself at the mercy of the few media outlets you choose to trust...

Dont act all high and mighty... call me when you talk to Arod himself and read the actual report...

SD is the leak in the case....

:)

I've told you about 7 times now. The outrage has been fabricated. If people were really that upset over this, they'd stop tuning in. People will come out and say how they are "disgusted" and "I hate cheaters" and then will go and tune in to Opening Day like nothing happened.

If the media and ESPN wouldnt have endless coverage over this, I'd guarantee there would be a lot less "enraged" people.

LIke I said from the beginning, it's a boring story.

How did these people become so enraged?

Where are they? Is it the economy that is doing this?

Who is reporting on the "outrage" and what are the percentages? I have obviously been ignoring those stories.

ESPN is enraging people?

Wow, what a powerful medium.

Ummm, Alex has corroborated the story.

Ummm, Alex has corroborated the story.

Yes and he told you this himself? Or you saw it through a media outlet that clipped and edited 40 minutes of video into a 3 min segment to tell you what they wanted to.

Stop trying to act all cool... like your an ironman that is effected by nothing.. makes you seem like a douchebag..

Yes and he told you this himself? Or you saw it through a media outlet that clipped and edited 40 minutes of video into a 3 min segment to tell you what they wanted to.

Stop trying to act all cool... like your an ironman that is effected by nothing.. makes you seem like a douchebag..

Wait, so you are telling me that ESPN spliced an admission from A-Rod that he did sterioids from 2001-2003? I saw about 40 minutes of footage.

And you have some proof of this, I assume?

And that makes ME a douchebag? and I AM IRONMAN!

How did these people become so enraged?

Where are they? Is it the economy that is doing this?

Who is reporting on the "outrage" and what are the percentages? I have obviously been ignoring those stories.

ESPN is enraging people?

Wow, what a powerful medium.

HAve you read peoples quotes on Alex? People say they're disgusted over this. ESPN's endless coverage without a doubt has an affect on people. Take the Mike Vick thing to.

You're seriously underestimating the power of the media and it's influence. I know you're the best and all....but some other simpletons regurgitate what they hear on television/paper/internet.

HAve you read peoples quotes on Alex? People say they're disgusted over this. ESPN's endless coverage without a doubt has an affect on people. Take the Mike Vick thing to.

You're seriously underestimating the power of the media and it's influence. I know you're the best and all....but some other simpletons regurgitate what they hear on television/paper/internet.

Really, iI amy read someone else's "outrage", and typically I forget it, and it does not change how I feel.

Maybe you are different, and need assurances from others to form your opinion. In this case, it was cut and dry, and I didn't.

Just because some people need to regurgitate, don't force me in that boat, and I believe you are better as well.

Really, iI amy read someone else's "outrage", and typically I forget it, and it does not change how I feel.

Maybe you are different, and need assurances from others to form your opinion. In this case, it was cut and dry, and I didn't.

Just because some people need to regurgitate, don't force me in that boat, and I believe you are better as well.

You've totally lost me.

But I guess I'm not on your level of awesomeness, either.

How does somebody as perfect as you even watch baseball?

1. You say that some people are "outraged" on this topic.

2. Does this change how YOU think about the topic?

3. What does the media do, that coerces you how to think?

No and No. But everyone is influenced by something.

Does you hating the Yankees change the way you think about this topic?

ECURB-Do you or do you not believe A'Rod's admission?

Somehow, you have discplaced this discussion that ESPN has tampered with what he said.

No I didnt... my point was that you claim you are not influenced by the media... yet the only facts you have on this are provided in small chunks by the media... you dont have a choice but to be influenced... they forced you to watch him admit it the way they wanted to air it with their guys questions to him.

How do you even watch baseball?

Then there is no problem and no fabrication.

The media has reported, people are of free will to think of teh topic as they can.

We are in agreement. I knew we could get there.

You are free to think based on what the media has shown you...

Then there is no problem and no fabrication.

The media has reported, people are of free will to think of teh topic as they can.

We are in agreement. I knew we could get there.

Not everyone has access to every outlet of media. Therefore, what they may watch on ESPN could directly influence what they think. Or even the .50 cents they paid for the Daily News. Not everyone is as free willied as you'd like to have.

Which is what obviously makes the media dangerous. But that's a whole different issue in itself.

No I didnt... my point was that you claim you are not influenced by the media... yet the only facts you have on this are provided in small chunks by the media... you dont have a choice but to be influenced... they forced you to watch him admit it the way they wanted to air it with their guys questions to him.

How do you even watch baseball?

Selena Roberts reported A-Rod did steroids.

A-Rod said he did steroids.

It is really all we need.

The rest is really just fodder for speculation.

Those are the facts.

Unless you ascribe to teh ECURB premise that ESPN spliced an admission from A-Rod.

Selena Roberts reported A-Rod did steroids.

A-Rod said he did steroids.

It is really all we need.

The rest is really just fodder for speculation.

Those are the facts.

Unless you ascribe to teh ECURB premise that ESPN spliced an admission from A-Rod.

Your the only one saying that,... not me... Arod did steroids... no doubt about it...

The point here is you are trying to claim the media has no effect on you... yet you get all of your info from them... lol

Not everyone has access to every outlet of media. Therefore, what they may watch on ESPN could directly influence what they think. Or even the .50 cents they paid for the Daily News. Not everyone is as free willied as you'd like to have.

Which is what obviously makes the media dangerous. But that's a whole different issue in itself.

Frankly, I can't worry about what other people think, or how they get their information. I will discuss it with them, but I have to believe that they are of their own free mind to process information for themselves.

If they choose to regurgitate, that is fine. But no one MADE them take that stance.

If that is a concern for you, so be it. But I do not have time to conduct those studies.

So, you are one of those people, as they see a Doritos ad, has to run to the store and get Doritos?

WTF are you even talking about?

My point is that your claiming your not affected by what the media says... yet you base your entire knowlege of the situation from media information... lol

You could not make less sense...

Your the only one saying that,... not me... Arod did steroids... no doubt about it...

The point here is you are trying to claim the media has no effect on you... yet you get all of your info from them... lol

Getting information from the media is different than having your opinion formed by the media.

Some people do have the ability to cut through the slant the news gives you and form their own opinion on something. Some dont- see politics.

If people only allowed them one source to get news, then yeah you make sense. But most dont.. they get info from a lot of places and form their opinion on that.

Archived