Ratliff in 2009!

InstantClassic

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this elswhere, but it's appropriate here:

It's in the franchise's best interest for Brett Ratliff to make that leap in 09 and win the starting job convincingly. I hope he has worked like he's never before this offseason and mastered the playbook.

I know it's going to be tough, but my hope is that Ratliff turns into the next Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia & Jake Delhomme for the 09' season.

Ratliff, really is our only hope.

I posted this elswhere, but it's appropriate here:

It's in the franchise's best interest for Brett Ratliff to make that leap in 09 and win the starting job convincingly. I hope he has worked like he's never before this offseason and mastered the playbook.

I know it's going to be tough, but my hope is that Ratliff turns into the next Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia & Jake Delhomme for the 09' season.

Ratliff, really is our only hope.

princess-leia.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFTT4srxK3WaFVfukDUYFKrr9kIqw

Stafford won't fall to us. Sanchez is just as much a question mark as Ratliff and Freeman I don't know enough about to judge.

Never say never about Stafford. I'm starting to see some draft rankings that have Sanchez in front of him. QB's drop in the first round all the time.

Two question marks are better than one. Clemens is a bust as far as I'm concerned. If Ratliff falls flat on his face (which is highly possibly despite his popularity on Jets message boards), we need to have somebody there to take the reigns.

Never say never about Stafford. I'm starting to see some draft rankings that have Sanchez in front of him. QB's drop in the first round all the time.

Two question marks are better than one. Clemens is a bust as far as I'm concerned. If Ratliff falls flat on his face (which is highly possibly despite his popularity on Jets message boards), we need to have somebody there to take the reigns.

Im not convinced that Clemens is a bust. I hate his happy feet, but any QB would have been the same way with that offensive line.

I'll leave it up to the team to determine who is the best QB for next year. I see them signing a veteran for this year as a precaution in case our other QB's stink. Then they will draft one in 2010.

Stafford won't fall to us. Sanchez is just as much a question mark as Ratliff and Freeman I don't know enough about to judge.

yeah well.....we can't just put all our eggs in the ratliff basket just because a qb we may be bale to draft early in a question mark also. every draftee is a question mark. but this team needs to do everyhting in its power to get itself a franchise qb for once.

Ratliff is a complete question mark.

We will be drafting a QB in round 1...Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman.

Sign me up for this.

If not this, give me Clemens.

I don't think I want anything to do with Ratliff. Nothing personal against him, but a few sparks in preseason does nothing to lead me to believe he is starting NFL QB material.

yeah well.....we can't just put all our eggs in the ratliff basket just because a qb we may be bale to draft early in a question mark also. every draftee is a question mark. but this team needs to do everyhting in its power to get itself a franchise qb for once.

im all for bringing in a vet and drafting one. But I don't understand how Sanchez can be any less a question mark than Ratliff, or any QB's in this draft for that matter simply because you never know who gonna be the next Tim Couch or Peyton Manning. I know just as much as the next guy on here, but I'm siding with Ratliff for the moment because of what he's shown so far.

Ratliff has a few things going for him that a new drafted QB doesn't..

- Been through a whole year of NFL

- Been through training camp

- Knows the playbook

- Sat under Favre (this IS a good thing)

- Doesn't have huge pressure ($$$) to perform

- Knows the players

I feel the same way about Clemmens, although less obtimistic about him (happy feet).

Get them in camp, let those three battle it out and see what happens. Give them a good running game and a shut down defense and they can win games.

BZ

Im not convinced that Clemens is a bust. I hate his happy feet, but any QB would have been the same way with that offensive line.

I'll leave it up to the team to determine who is the best QB for next year. I see them signing a veteran for this year as a precaution in case our other QB's stink. Then they will draft one in 2010.

Clemens has been a disappointment from the day we drafted him. He has physical limitations (height), never showed poise in the pocket, couldn't beat out Ramsey for the backup spot in 2006, failed in his opportunity in 2007, and looked terrible in TC last year.

Simply put, if he was not a 2nd round pick, he would be out of the league already. He's nowhere near worthy of a 2nd round pick...bust.

Waiting until 2010 to draft a QB could be a big mistake. More often than not, QB's need to be groomed for at least 1 season. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are not the rule, they are the exception. If our young QB's fail this year, we should have someone ready to take over with a year in the system under his belt.

im all for bringing in a vet and drafting one. But I don't understand how Sanchez can be any less a question mark than Ratliff, or any QB's in this draft for that matter simply because you never know who gonna be the next Tim Couch or Peyton Manning. I know just as much as the next guy on here, but I'm siding with Ratliff for the moment because of what he's shown so far.

i think you're missing the point. i'm not saying anything other then i don't want to see the team do nothing about our qb situation and just pray to God that one of the huge question marks on the team is the one.

Clemens has been a disappointment from the day we drafted him. He has physical limitations (height), never showed poise in the pocket, couldn't beat out Ramsey for the backup spot in 2006, failed in his opportunity in 2007, and looked terrible in TC last year.

Simply put, if he was not a 2nd round pick, he would be out of the league already. He's nowhere near worthy of a 2nd round pick...bust.

Waiting until 2010 to draft a QB could be a big mistake. More often than not, QB's need to be groomed for at least 1 season. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are not the rule, they are the exception. If our young QB's fail this year, we should have someone ready to take over with a year in the system under his belt.

But if we are to give the QB's on our roster a shot now, we need a veteran presence to back them up. Then we would be stupid to draft a QB this year. We need to see if we have the answer here now.

I'm not saying things look good for Clemens, but to just write him off and go with a total and complete unknown and a rookie QB would be foolish.

Ryan needs to go and figure out where this team is. If he sees our shot is 2009 then we need a veteran QB to back up the 3 kids. If he sees we need work, then you go and get a high draft QB.

i think you're missing the point. i'm not saying anything other then i don't want to see the team do nothing about our qb situation and just pray to God that one of the huge question marks on the team is the one.

sorry I overlooked ur point. I agree to add another QB, more so a experienced FA rather than another draftee, too many young QB's on the roster.

I guess im just overly anxious to see it play out ideally that Ratliff wins the competition, comes from being a UFA and brings this team years and years great years and maybe a couple of sb runs, and wins. :D keyword here is ideal.

Doubt it.

Go defense or go home Rexxy

BZ

I hope that the new regime is not this closed minded and cuts out half the field in the first round. You take BPA, and if that happens to be a potential franchise QB, then you do it in a heartbeat.

QB is the most important position in sports, and it is one of the weakest positions on our roster. You don't pass up on a highly rated potential franchise QB just for the sake of a "must draft defense" philosophy.

I hope that the new regime is not this closed minded and cuts out half the field in the first round. You take BPA, and if that happens to be a potential franchise QB, then you do it in a heartbeat.

QB is the most important position in sports, and it is one of the weakest positions on our roster. You don't pass up on a highly rated potential franchise QB just for the sake of a "must draft defense" philosophy.

If they add another rookie QB to the roster of rookie QBs they are just idiots. If the next "BAP" is a QB, trade down a stop.

BZ

I think Mangini and Tanny may work something out for Anderson

It is a hunch I had back in Week 5 (I think). Anderson or Cassel and now it looks a lot more like Anderson and I would be happy with that.

Young, but experienced with huge upside but a lot to prove (hungry).

BZ

But if we are to give the QB's on our roster a shot now, we need a veteran presence to back them up. Then we would be stupid to draft a QB this year. We need to see if we have the answer here now.

I'm not saying things look good for Clemens, but to just write him off and go with a total and complete unknown and a rookie QB would be foolish.

Ryan needs to go and figure out where this team is. If he sees our shot is 2009 then we need a veteran QB to back up the 3 kids. If he sees we need work, then you go and get a high draft QB.

I don't consider Clemens a kid anymore. This will be his 4th year, a contract year, and he should have the experience necessary to be a fall back guy.

I would much rather draft a QB for the future and use Clemens as my fall back, then to sign a stopgap veteran and not draft a QB.

Archived