Heard Mike T,Rex,KC on ESPN radio with Mike Kay today....good news..

lancemehl

It's Ratliff. I mean, Kay was lobbing softballs to get Mikey T to committ to Clemens and all he kept saying was Ratliff, then Kay pulled the reins away from Clemens where Mike T wasn't going and brought them to Rat. Mikey light up like a christmas tree, referencing the Clowney catches.

You could read the transcripts or listen to the audio. It won't be as cut and dry,some may even wholeheartedly disagree, but when you read between the "lines" it was pretty obvious, there is no annointing of Mr. Clemens, it will be a battle!!!

Incidently, KC was also on the radio earlier interviewing and he seems to think otherwise, "Don't get too comfortable, Kellen, really, You need to bring it, and,really, I hope you do!!"

But besides Tanny subconciously saying ratliff, he also subconsciously said the starter is on the roster now. Actual that's how it was questioned and he all but said, "YES".

I'll find the audio, if it takes less than 10 minutes.

Here's bonus audio: Mike Kay and Rex, Mike and Clemens and Mike and Tanny.

Rex said all the right stuff, Clemens thinks he's starting already and Mike T....I said it.

My favorites:

"Kellen's earned the right to COMPETE for the job.........He's gonna have to compete against Brett Ratliff and Eric Ainge" - Mike T --really,wow.

"There was a lot to like when he came out.(names Oregon TD stats)"- Mike T --of course you liked him then, you took him..

"Can he do things better?...yes,............. but he's working hard on those things.(year four)"- Mike T

"The one thing Rex and I agree on is that the BEST player will PLAY. We've said it all along, it's gonna be a long haul til september"- Mike T-------"nervous,KC?"

"Ratliff is an interesting guy, he actually played receiver for us first and when he came in against Cleveland and played so well noone on our staff was surprised...."- Mike T

"There were a lot of things about Brett Ratliff we liked"

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!! SERIOUSLY, I ROOT FOR THE JERSEY, but, I got The Rat's back for now! LOL!

It's Ratliff. I mean, Kay was lobbing softballs to get Mikey T to committ to Clemens and all he kept saying was Ratliff, then Kay pulled the reins away from Clemens where Mike T wasn't going and brought them to Rat. Mikey light up like a christmas tree, referencing the Clowney catches.

You could read the transcripts or listen to the audio. It won't be as cut and dry,some may even wholeheartedly disagree, but when you read between the "lines" it was pretty obvious, there is no annointing of Mr. Clemens, it will be a battle!!!

Incidently, KC was also on the radio earlier interviewing and he seems to think otherwise, "Don't get too comfortable, Kellen, really, You need to bring it, and,really, I hope you do!!"

But besides Tanny subconciously saying ratliff, he also subconsciously said the starter is on the roster now. Actual that's how it was questioned and he all but said, "YES".

This is better than those threads about Favre's body language.

Rex said all the right stuff, Clemens thinks he's starting already and Mike T....I said it.

I heard the tail end of a rex interview either on 1050 or the Fan at about 6pm and I really came away with the feeling that rex wasn't so high on KC. He was asked about the jets game last year against baltimore. Rex said the plan was to get at him and try to rattle him, and that they were successful for 3 quarters. Then he pretty much gave the fourth quarter to Cotchery, not really clemens. He had HEAPS of praise for Cotchery there, kinda deflecting the question about KC's performance, saying Cotch was fantastic and really took advantage of some mismatches. So for those who think maybe Rex saw some good things out of KC in that game last year, it really kinda sounded like he didn't think very much of him in the game. That is how I took it anyway.

I heard the tail end of a rex interview either on 1050 or the Fan at about 6pm and I really came away with the feeling that rex wasn't so high on KC. He was asked about the jets game last year against baltimore. Rex said the plan was to get at him and try to rattle him, and that they were successful for 3 quarters. Then he pretty much gave the fourth quarter to Cotchery, not really clemens. He had HEAPS of praise for Cotchery there, kinda deflecting the question about KC's performance, saying Cotch was fantastic and really took advantage of some mismatches. So for those who think maybe Rex saw some good things out of KC in that game last year, it really kinda sounded like he didn't think very much of him in the game. That is how I took it anyway.

obviously i agree wholeheartedly. backup,career,college QB coach later, some small school,maybe some local Oregon stuff on TV/Radio, not a bad life, I'd take it.

The Rat will have to deal with all the nedia and crap, I'm almost happy for KC.

My favorites:

"Kellen's earned the right to COMPETE for the job.........He's gonna have to compete against Brett Ratliff and Eric Ainge" - Mike T --really,wow.

"There was a lot to like when he came out.(names Oregon TD stats)"- Mike T --of course you liked him then, you took him..

"Can he do things better?...yes,............. but he's working hard on those things.(year four)"- Mike T

"The one thing Rex and I agree on is that the BEST player will PLAY. We've said it all along, it's gonna be a long haul til september"- Mike T-------"nervous,KC?"

"Ratliff is an interesting guy, he actually played receiver for us first and when he came in against Cleveland and played so well noone on our staff was surprised...."- Mike T

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!! SERIOUSLY, I ROOT FOR THE JERSEY, but, I got The Rat's back for now! LOL!

It's amazing how we hear whatever we want to hear.

I'm rooting for the Rat but I'm not sure why. I mean, his only accomplishment is that he threw two bombs in the preseason against a 3rd string Browns defense. So what?

Maybe I misunderstood but did Mike T say that they had The Rat play some WR? Really?

As to the idea that our QB is on this roster already, I sure hope so because:

1)I'm sick of this team having ancient (Favre) or broken (Penny) Quarterbacks

2) I don't want to throw a 1st round pick at a guy (Sanchez) who barely even played in college when we have more pressing needs

3) I don't even want to waste a single draft pick (even 2,3,4, etc) on a QB this year when we already have 3 young guys around that we haven't really tried out.

My favorites:

Uh no its You,that thinks its Ratliff which means absolutely jack...Clemens starts in 09.

I didnt hear the Ryan interview, but I heard the other two guys and I got the exact opposite thought you had. I thought all the rumors of the team loving Ratliff were very exaggerated after listening to them talk. Yes it will be a competition, but Id say Clemens has the early advantage if they dont bring in someone.

I didnt hear the Ryan interview, but I heard the other two guys and I got the exact opposite thought you had. I thought all the rumors of the team loving Ratliff were very exaggerated after listening to them talk. Yes it will be a competition, but Id say Clemens has the early advantage if they dont bring in someone.

exactly,Its all pro Clemens,and less about Ratliff,does LanceMehl know something the jets staff doesnt???

This thread, like all of lancmehl's crazy threads, is a complete joke.

lancemehl has been a fine contributor to Jets' boards since before you even knew there was such a thing AS the NFL. I see you commenting in every thread but hardly ever see you starting anything of substance yourself. Dial it down a little IJ.

All 3 interviews are on the link in my post, I hope!

lancemehl has been a fine contributor to Jets' boards since before you even knew there was such a thing AS the NFL. I see you commenting in every thread but hardly ever see you starting anything of substance yourself. Dial it down a little IJ.

Thanks SFJ, but I stopped listening to this clown a while back. When you say "football" to him, the image in his avatar pops in his head. Hey, you know me, SFJ, as many others, I don't attack people personally, but this guy never stops, yet he reads all of my posts.

He just started liking "American" football 5 years ago and I think the Jets are his second team, he started liking someone else, c'mon, I'm taking him seriously?????

NOW, WITH THAT SAID, I ADMIT, I have my opinions, and, YES, I'm sure I heard what i wanted to hear, but I posted the link, it's right there. And I gave my OPINION.

What your feeling on the interviews, IJ, oh, you don't have any, you just wanted to call me a name. GOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rex said the plan was to get at him and try to rattle him, and that they were successful for 3 quarters. Then he pretty much gave the fourth quarter to Cotchery, not really clemens. He had HEAPS of praise for Cotchery there, kinda deflecting the question about KC's performance, saying Cotch was fantastic and really took advantage of some mismatches. So for those who think maybe Rex saw some good things out of KC in that game last year, it really kinda sounded like he didn't think very much of him in the game. That is how I took it anyway.

My impression was that Rex wasn't too happy talking about anyone doing well against his defense. He did talk about rattling Clemens for three quarters, and did praise Cotchery at the end. But he also talked about missing a player there, that Schottie and Cotch took advantage of that, and that Kellen did a great job of getting the ball to him. Also specifically said they might've lost without McGuy's drop.

Overall, I didn't get much from either guy tipping in the direction of one QB or the other. Pretty bland in that respect. They're both saying they like the fact that both guys have multiple years in the same system - blah, blah, blah. They both bring something to the table, etc.

I think the gist of the message was simply that they're not panicking just because Brett Favre retired.

The fact that both Tanny and Rex are all about an open competition proves absolutely nothing -- either way. That's the only way to handle a situation like this. In no way shape or form did they indicate who is the favorite to win the job. The starting job is up for grabs and the best man will win it.

Unfortunately for LM, I think Clemens is going to win this job.

Clemens can be a successful QB in this league. He's shown that he can lead a team down the field late in a game.

Ratliff is an interesting guy, and I'm very impressed with his arm and mobility, but he's not ready yet. He needs another year in the offense and he needs get more comfortable with NFL defenses.

KC's contract is up next year, so Ratliff might be the guy long term, but he's gotta get another year under his belt first.

If you didn't hear the Ryan interview you only heard Clemmens himself, who speaks as if he IS the starter and Mike T, who, I disagree, I though Mike T totally dismissed KC and was swinging from Ratliff's sack, but there were only three. Ryan sounded like he didn't give a s$#t was QB'ed the team. LOL He's worried about building the "World's most Perfect defense"

The fact that both Tanny and Rex are all about an open competition proves absolutely nothing -- either way. That's the only way to handle a situation like this. In no way shape or form did they indicate who is the favorite to win the job. The starting job is up for grabs and the best man will win it.

Unfortunately for LM, I think Clemens is going to win this job.

Clemens can be a successful QB in this league. He's shown that he can lead a team down the field late in a game.

Ratliff is an interesting guy, and I'm very impressed with his arm and mobility, but he's not ready yet. He needs another year in the offense and he needs get more comfortable with NFL defenses.

KC's contract is up next year, so Ratliff might be the guy long term, but he's gotta get another year under his belt first.

You know what, you mentioned the contract and i have brought this up before in other threads. How do the jets handle this? KC is in his last year. The jets obviously have not seen anything out of him in his last three years when he played as evidenced by him not getting the gig in 06, losing the competition again in 07 then getting his shot half way through the season when they made pennington the scapegoat, only to find himself stripped of his starter status come training camp in 08 where it looked like he had lost yet another competition with the same guy he replaced last year. Had we not gotten favre it would have been pennington again in 08. So now the jets have a guy in his final year who hasn't shown anything and the last qb they gave a huge contract to never really lived up to it. You obviously want to wait until 6-8 games at a minimum before you pay up, but if KC is doing well he may just decide to hold out if he thinks he is worth more. Seems like either way the jets are screwed with KC, either he sucks and we waste time or he is good and we lose him anyway or have to pay a huge contract like we did with pennington based on a very small body of good work.

My favorites:

Thanks for the link to the audio! :-D

Archived