Grow Some Balls Woody and Trade for Plaxico

Ghost

There are plenty of obstacles to Plaxico Burress' returning to the Giants: his legal situation, a potential suspension by the NFL and the Giants' impatience with his off-field issues. As if those factors didn't make the situation complicated enough, Burress' agent has informed the other 31 NFL teams his client might be available to play for them. And the Giants apparently aren't happy. Drew Rosenhaus, who has represented Burress since he signed with the Giants four years ago, sent an e-mail to all 32 teams earlier this week in which he indicated Burress could be acquired via trade, according to three people informed of the contents of the e-mail. The people, who requested anonymity because the e-mail was not to be discussed publicly, said it was a list of Rosenhaus' free-agent and draft-eligible clients as well as three players he deemed trade-able. All three are wide receivers: the Cardinals' Anquan Boldin, the Bengals' Chad Johnson and Burress. According to one of the people familiar with the situation -- a member of one team's front office who was on Rosenhaus' list of recipients -- the Giants had plenty to say earlier this week. Giants assistant general manager Kevin Abrams notified the rest of the league that the Giants had not authorized Rosenhaus to pursue trade scenarios on Burress' behalf, and that any inquiries about Burress' availability would constitute tampering. Another person informed of the situation said Rosenhaus sent out another e-mail yesterday in which he clarified he doesn't have permission to seek a trade for any of the three clients he listed.

Newark Star-Ledger

yeh that should solve all the Jets problems.

Why wouldn't it? People want a QB starting for us who never started a ****ing game. Don't you think a dominate wideout who constantly demands double teams will help?

Naaa he won't. Lets stick with Coles right? Perfect idea.

I ****ING HATE JETS FANS WITH A PASSION.

Why wouldn't it? People want a QB starting for us who never started a ****ing game. Don't you think a dominate wideout who constantly demands double teams will help?

Naaa he won't. Lets stick with Coles right? Perfect idea.

I ****ING HATE JETS FANS WITH A PASSION.

Get this through your thick head... the Giants want him back if he stays out of jail.

Get this through your thick head... the Giants want him back if he stays out of jail.

Get this thought your thick head...Your a douche.

I don't care, I want to trade for him. The Giants are shopping him now..what part don't you understand.

Get this thought your thick head...Your a douche.

I don't care, I want to trade for him. The Giants are shopping him now..what part don't you understand.

WTF are you talking about?

They want him back... his agent tried to shop him and the Giants got mad...

plax would be the #1 we need. but i'd rather us sign antonio bryant. don't have to give up a pick and he shouldn't be terribly expensive. that is if the bucs dont franchise him.

You honestly think the Bucs will let this guy go? He played like a star last year.

Really? But WTF does that have to do with Plax not getting traded. You sound like the organization always has to be happy for a trade to go through.

LOL

They have to want to trade him... considering they are the ones who trade him... nto his agent...

The Jets shouldn't be trading picks for anyone. They don't have a 3rd (unless that weird formula works out and they get one for Vilma). They got nothing for DShrimp.

As to Plaxico, you got to see how he's recovering and whether he's going to jail before you consider anything.

Why the hell not? If the Pats took a risk with Moss then I'm pretty sure we can. I'll give them a 2nd for all I care, we need a f***ing wideout.

Anyone?

Because they usually end in **** shows.

Because the exception (Moss) doesn't prove the rule (TO)

Because there are other, bigger, needs.

Because Plexico is a turd and a hop stop away from the slammer.

Because he is injury prone and old.

BZ

Hard to run a post pattern in a jail cell.

That's the bottom line. The mayor of NYC wants this guy behind bars. He wants an example made of this POS that he means business with his strict gun laws.

Besides, he'll be 32 before the season starts, has had an up & down career, and is pretty much 100% turd.

No thanks.

why not go after boldin, housh, or devery henderson?

boldin may be a little bit of a headcase but thats prob just because he was miserable with the cardinals and their front office, not a permenant type of head case-ness.

devery would come cheapest and he is a burner amongst burners and is very young

there is no way rex ryan would tolerate plax's nonsense, im not even talking about the gun charges, the guy shows up late to everything, misses team meetings, the list goes on and on

Archived