Kiper agrees with me and some other posters.

Jetkid94

on espn when they asked what the jets should do at 17. Kiper said stay away from a QB there because he said the jets shouldnt forget about brett ratliff. he mentioned names who were undrafted and still play well. basically it sounds like he likes ratliff.

and id like to point out this is my first thread since around a couple weeks ago.

on espn when they asked what the jets should do at 17. Kiper said stay away from a QB there because he said the jets shouldnt forget about brett ratliff. he mentioned names who were undrafted and still play well. basically it sounds like he likes ratliff.

and id like to point out this is my first thread since around a couple weeks ago.

All the more reason for us to be skeptical.

I jumped on the Ratliff bandwagon last August...check the Training camp reports.

The first member of the Brett Ratliff fan club is yours truly....the rest of you guys just loved the two throws he made to Clowney and then the fact that KC is at best a mediocre QB in this league.

funnypictures44.gif

You stay true to your draft board and balance it with need.

If at 17, the best value for the Jets is QB based on their board, I have no problem with that choice.

There are worse problems to have in this league than several good qurterbacks, and you can actually position yourself advantageously, if the need arises.

I jumped on the Ratliff bandwagon last August...check the Training camp reports.

The first member of the Brett Ratliff fan club is yours truly....the rest of you guys just loved the two throws he made to Clowney and then the fact that KC is at best a mediocre QB in this league.

Hey Lawn, I was at a few TCs too and raved about him as well in my camp reports. This was before the infamous pre-season games against the so called UPS drivers. What people forget is Favre was brought in at the start of the pre-season. Ratliff was already the dark horse who was outperforming Clemens AND Pennington. Then when Favre was brought in and Chad let go, everything changed, of course. If the Favre trade did not happen, then what Ratliff did in those pre-season games, on top of what he did in TC may have won him the starting job.

I think Mr. T and Schotty know they might have something special in Ratliff and are not at all panicking about Favre's decision. Ryan will come to the same conclusion.

If at 17, the best value for the Jets is QB based on their board, I have no problem with that choice.

There are worse problems to have in this league than several good qurterbacks, and you can actually position yourself advantageously, if the need arises.

i remember Tuna saying that about why Giansts in heyday had loike 4 allpro LBs..he said ' they were best athletes, and we knew it would work itself out'

To play devils advocate... to have multiple high draft choice QBs that cannot separate themselves as a sure starter either means you have AWFUL luck or you suck at drafting...

i remember Tuna saying that about why Giansts in heyday had loike 4 allpro LBs..he said ' they were best athletes, and we knew it would work itself out'

Would it bother me if teh Jets "overprotected" themselves at the QB position?

No it wouldn't.

As long as they have conviction with their pick and are not "reaching' and have done their due diligence.

At this stage of the game, if you feel you have the right people at the healm, you let them do their work and critique them on performance.

Would it bother me if teh Jets "overprotected" themselves at the QB position?

No it wouldn't.

As long as they have conviction with their pick and are not "reaching' and have done their due diligence.

At this stage of the game, if you feel you have the right people at the healm, you let them do their work and critique them on performance.

Devils advocate again... how can you afford to over protect ONE position with multiple high draft choices in a short time span when you have 22 starting positions to fill?

Devils advocate again... how can you afford to over protect ONE position with multiple high draft choices in a short time span when you have 22 starting positions to fill?

The slots of where your current players on your roster were picked, is inconsequential.

You don't play "position bingo" based on where currentr players were picked before. You can't re-do history. You look to IMPROVE YOUR SQUAD in the best way you can, with players that you like.

when have we used multiple high draft choices at qb? clemens at 2nd doesn't count cause the man is a bust and was a wasted pick.

I'd like to take this opportunity to set the over/under on "Someone From The National Media Said Something Vaguely Positive About Ratliff, Therefore He's Definitely Going To be The Starter" threads this offseason at 78.5.

now are you including each created thread in that #?

cause half of them will be from the same articles and

if i take the over and they all get merged Ill be pissed.

now are you including each created thread in that #?

cause half of them will be from the same articles and

if i take the over and they all get merged Ill be pissed.

No. 78.5 includes merges. If it was threads created the over would be a mortal lock.

Great...so we get another couple weeks break before you make another one, right?

he mentioned you on the air ?

wow, that is impressive

and thanks for the thread update, I've been worried

If he's saying he doesn't like the QB's in the draft then that's reasonable. If he's saying the reason we should pass on a QB if the opportunity arises is Brett Ratliff it makes little sense. Of course you can name UDFA that do well but 90% you never hear about. There's always exceptions to the rule but you shouldn't rely on it happening. If Ratliff is a franchise QB then that's a bonus. All he's shown is that he deserves a closer look, nothing else.

Archived