Will Cassel be a Jet?

PatriotReign37

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after seeing cassel come in and play pretty good this year it make sme believe that it's the system over there that makes players look better. pass on cassel.

Should definitely be a consideration.

I think you also look hard at Cassel.

Why is he still in New England?

-Belichick used a 7th on him because he thought Cassel would sign as a FA at Cincy or Zona. Then gave him a 4 year contract. Granted, it was for a pittance, but still I think that is a tad unprecedented.

-The kid has stuck around for four years on the best team of the decade. Even after a horrible pre-season this year. It is not like Belichick is sentimental.

The kid is talented. He is a by product of a system that has outstanding coaching.

I think if you are confident in your Coaches, he could be a wise investment.

-Belichick used a 7th on him because he thought Cassel would sign as a FA at Cincy or Zona. Then gave him a 4 year contract. Granted, it was for a pittance, but still I think that is a tad unprecedented.

-The kid has stuck around for four years on the best team of the decade. Even after a horrible pre-season this year. It is not like Belichick is sentimental.

The kid is talented. He is a by product of a system that has outstanding coaching.

well i'd like to know how you know that is the reason he drafted him? also why would bellichick really care about who arizona or cincy might sign as an udfa. i will give some creedence to the point you make about sticking around on such a good team though.

Haha!

You just keep selling him. Sooner or later, someone might buy.

I'm very interested in seeing how this Cassel thing plays out. What his ultimate worth on the market is - or if there's even one team ready to pony up a pick or two for the right to pay him big coin. I wouldn't want my team to do it.

For the right price?

What if the Jets are high bidders?

I highly doubt it. The Jets would have to offer multiple 1st round picks to get New England to trade Cassel to them.

The Bledsoe to Buffalo deal is a lot different than if New England were to trade Cassel to the Jets.

I highly doubt it. The Jets would have to offer multiple 1st round picks to get New England to trade Cassel to them.

The Bledsoe to Buffalo deal is a lot different than if New England were to trade Cassel to the Jets.

Cassel cannot count for that much on NE's cap this season. They will be forced to deal him.

A proven winner with good statistics, not a proven winner with horrible statistics.

He also is a scrambler, they are never winners in the NFL. Not Champions at least.

Good stats can't be taken too seriously when he has Randy Moss and Wes Welker at WR and a GREAT offensive line in front of him. Cassell is a backup. Take him away from Moss and watch him crumble.

Good stats can't be taken too seriously when he has Randy Moss and Wes Welker at WR and a GREAT offensive line in front of him. Cassell is a backup. Take him away from Moss and watch him crumble.

I am so tired of hearing about the "great" Offensive Line of the New England Patriots. They have a lower tier LT in Matt Light, infact I'd take the Jets line over the Patriots line anyday and the Jets line is far from great.

I am so tired of hearing about the "great" Offensive Line of the New England Patriots. They have a lower tier LT in Matt Light, infact I'd take the Jets line over the Patriots line anyday and the Jets line is far from great.

It's still a pretty darn good line, great in pass protection.

Cassell was in a great situation. No WR's in the game compliment each other better than Moss/Welker. I'd be willing to guarantee that if/when Cassell is taken away from them he will be exposed as a bad to average starting QB.

If he's placed on the 49ers, I could see that, but if he lands in a place like Minnesota, I think Cassel could easily take them to the Super Bowl, seeing as the NFC changes every single season, unlike the AFC where its always New England, Pittsburgh & Indianapolis.

It's still a pretty darn good line, great in pass protection.

Cassell was in a great situation. No WR's in the game compliment each other better than Moss/Welker. I'd be willing to guarantee that if/when Cassell is taken away from them he will be exposed as a bad to average starting QB.

Evidence by their play in Superbowl XLII. :rolleyes:

The Patriots OL is nice. 124 is right about Light. He is not a stud LT that crushes people. Any speed rusher gives him fits. He is not Anthony Munoz. Mankins has the makings of being a great Guard and Koppen is a good to real good Center. Neal at RG and Kaczur at RT are ok.

Evidence by their play in Superbowl XLII. :rolleyes:

The Patriots OL is nice. 124 is right about Light. He is not a stud LT that crushes people. Any speed rusher gives him fits. He is not Anthony Munoz. Mankins has the makings of being a great Guard and Koppen is a good to real good Center. Neal at RG and Kaczur at RT are ok.

Lets be honest - Kazcur sucks and Light is mediocre at best. It's the offensive scheming that makes 'em look good. Bubble screens, dump pass, short outs, blah, blah, blah.......

Archived